AXISHOST - no support response over 14 hours

I've posted in the ticket system, got the automated email reply and that has resulted in no reply.

They have a "due" date of this morning and a few hours ago, I added to the ticket (two hours after the due date) and still nothing.

Tina fall of the planet or something? I've not had problems in the past - and this one happens to be with a client who has my IM and has been bugging me all day.

I upgraded from the servermatrix people because I wanted support, reliable support. At least they had a number to call, I don't see one on the site to call and I'm left dealing with this...

At ~$150/month, I'd hope for some sort of managed support... (lightweight dedicated server w/management option)
    Last edited by writespeak; 07-27-2006 at 03:17 PM. Reason: To subscribe to this thread

Kaos,

Our IS/IT network staff is on call 24/7/365 to make sure your online presence stays...ONLINE.
    As they say they have 24/7 support you should be expecting a response within an hour at most: But at 5 dollars a day for a server I'm not entirely certain what you're expecting for your money (or lack thereof).

Quote Originally Posted by kaosweaver
    I added to the ticket (two hours after the due date) and still nothing.
    From this I am assuming you updated the ticket you opened, which will likely only delay the response. If you have a ticket open and reply to it, most ticket systems would automatically drop the ticket back to the end of the queue. This means that while your ticket has been open for 14 hours, it could only be about 7 hours on their end since it was last updated.

Quote Originally Posted by David
    As they say they have 24/7 support you should be expecting a response within an hour at most: But at 5 dollars a day for a server I'm not entirely certain what you're expecting for your money (or lack thereof).
    As I've said quite a few times in response to you mentioning this, 24/7 support does not mean someone is sitting there 24/7 just waiting to take your, and only your support issues. If there are 2 people working with an average resolution time of 20 minutes per ticket, just 6 tickets would result in a wait time of more than 1 hour for any other tickets that came in. Just because those people waited more than an hour for a response does not change the fact that there was people there 24/7 providing support.

this is the issue with companies who offer low prices! Expect a low support service too.
    The Hosting Heroes Ltd - over 20 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers | VPS Reseller for WHMCS
    www.thehostingheroes.com

Well, I did check the due time and it didn't change - so I'm hoping I didn't bump myself to the end of the list.

In any case, just how much money does one have to spend in order to get reliable support? Is it too much to ask that people deliver what they say they will? I'm already looking for another host and upgrading the service support, but honestly, I only use support occassionally, while it is $5/day, I haven't needed support for weeks, perhaps in the 7 months there, 6 times (beyond getting it setup - which I think I paid for) so 7x30x$5 is $1050 for 6 support issues and $450 worth of unmanaged dedicated servers. That is about $100 an incident. Don't think it is too much to ask for a little service for $100 an incidient.

Tina's gotten with me on this - and explained the delay to me.

Well, I did check the due time and it didn't change - so I'm hoping I didn't bump myself to the end of the list.
    As long as you updated it, chances are that it dropped back to the end of the queue, you would very likely not be able to tell if it had from looking at your end.

In any case, just how much money does one have to spend in order to get reliable support? Is it too much to ask that people deliver what they say they will? I'm already looking for another host and upgrading the service support, but honestly, I only use support occassionally, while it is $5/day, I haven't needed support for weeks, perhaps in the 7 months there, 6 times (beyond getting it setup - which I think I paid for) so 7x30x$5 is $1050 for 6 support issues and $450 worth of unmanaged dedicated servers. That is about $100 an incident. Don't think it is too much to ask for a little service for $100 an incidient.
    Your calculations would be correct if they weren't providing hardware, power or anything else. Also factor in that they need support to be working 24/7 just incase, even if nobody is using it support still costs them money. I'm not saying anything about the price you are paying, just trying to show why your payment doesn't work out as $100 per incident.

Overall how has your service been? If this is an isolated incident, then you shouldnt be too quick to jump the gun.

Moved to Managed Hosting.

Lois
    "Do what you can, where you are, with what you have." – Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by FLH-Wullie
    Overall how has your service been? If this is an isolated incident, then you shouldnt be too quick to jump the gun.
    I agree totally.

Yup - this was totally my fault. His ticket had a similar subject/title to another ticket that came in around the same time and I stupidly assumed it was a duplicate ticket. I didn't catch it until he replied to the ticket. HUGE apologies to the OP (already told him in private as well). For what its worth, this is not typical of our response times.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Always nice to seem some honestly floating around .

Alex

Thanks. Our admin got stuck at the airport last night and I'd been handling stuff that normally gets passed to him. I can't believe I made such a stupid mistake...okay, yes I can.

--Tina

It's ok, you're only human.
    GotPing Internet
    www.gotping.com