Unhappy site goes to down rank?

Dear all
    my client site goes to down rank with changing something, i have dude with last week i have changing google analytics code body tag to head tag.

i am not sure why happened, but can you tell me my body tag setting is correct or incorrect?

this is url: << removed >>
    i have set this style>FORUMHOME via ACP
    see my content:
    $stylevar[htmldoctype]
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" dir="$stylevar[textdirection]" lang="$stylevar[languagecode]">
    <head>
    <!-- no cache headers -->
    <meta http-equiv="Pragma" content="no-cache" />
    <meta name="alexaVerifyID" content="6rI4SgIX3E2XiSmhS4UrHK2TsQ4" />
    <meta name="alexaVerifyID" content="kEjOxa-1UT5CAYenZFtXjIolhus" />
    <meta name="google-site-verification" content="8e5vbeIiXjlsi2lkMkmyMNeKgWcKFzQjRQvkWyeKP9I" />
    <meta http-equiv="Expires" content="-1" />
    <meta http-equiv="Cache-Control" content="no-cache" />
    <!-- end no cache headers -->
    $headinclude
    <title>
    $vboptions[bbtitle] | Most Popular & Biggest GSM Forum In World | All Mobile Free Flash Files | Hardware Solutions | Software Solutions | Free Registration® | Join Today
    </title>
    <script type="text/javascript">

var _gaq = _gaq || [];
    _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-22156055-4']);
    _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);

(function() {
    var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true;
    ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
    var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);
    })();

</script>
    </head>
    <body>
    $header
    Last edited by writespeak; 04-14-2012 at 10:16 AM.

Page rank goes up and down based upon your traffic, the quality of your site, the inbound and outbound links, and a LOT of other variables. Just because something was changed and then your page rank went down does not mean that the change was the cause.

Correlation does not imply causation.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Yes the page ranking is depend on the long term analysis of your webpage. So if you change the code in google analytic it doesn't effect over night. The site ranking is based on traffic generated on your website.

Yes the tag is now in the correct place, but your having moved it there would have no effect on your ranking position.

Quote Originally Posted by mapitinc View Post
    Yes the page ranking is depend on the long term analysis of your webpage. So if you change the code in google analytic it doesn't effect over night. The site ranking is based on traffic generated on your website.
    This is incorrect, traffic does not affect ranking (it is the other way round) and Google Analytics as a whole is not used for ranking purposes. It can't be even if Google wanted to, because not every site has it installed.

The thread starter is asking about PR and a change made in the Google Analytics code. Please limit your responses to those that answer the thread starter's question. Posts that have broader advice/comments about SEO will be removed. We have plenty of other threads where those topics are covered.

Lois
    "Do what you can, where you are, with what you have." – Theodore Roosevelt

thanks for reply, you mean those codes settings are correct? but why seo goes down? which need for additional extensions?

Quote Originally Posted by ruba View Post
    thanks for reply, you mean those codes settings are correct? but why seo goes down? which need for additional extensions?
    I mean it is in the correct place, i.e. immediately before the </head>. I haven't checked the code itself but if you copy/pasted from GA then it must be correct.
    As to other reasons why your page has dropped down in the rankings, with all the updates that Google are making it could be for any of a number of things, it is too big a question to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by ruba View Post
    which need for additional extensions?
    Sorry but I don't understand what you mean by this part of your post.

Quote Originally Posted by ozsubasi View Post
    Sorry but I don't understand what you mean by this part of your post.
    i mean which method i using for seo

11. I am agreed with MikeDVB. your site may have some decrease in traffic or some other factors. it may caused because of the back links you may have lost during these days as i have also observed that majesticseo.com has now changed it way to calculate the back links and hence i myself have lost a huge number of back links.
    Local Web Design Essex Company in London
    Offers Cheap Website Development.

Quote Originally Posted by pentawebexperts View Post
    i have also observed that majesticseo.com has now changed it way to calculate the back links
    and hence i myself have lost a huge number of back links.
    I don't think in honesty that it matters too much what majesticseo.com says in terms of backlinks, because for ranking with Google it is only the links that Google themselves find and give value to that counts.

For the OP, certainly you could be looking in Google Webmaster Tools to see if you have lost any backlinks, though I agree that
    this is only one of a number of possibilities.