Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unhappy why can't i convert visitors to customers

Is there something wrong with my website? Sceniq Technologies I've had about 100 people come to my site within the last 3 days of which all of them are supposed to be looking for hosting and I haven't been able to convert a single one of them into a customer. I get no calls no emails.. I'm

SPAM

You want us to SPAM? First I believe that is illegal and more importantly I hate junk email.

I think he means your post is spam. That would be a weird way to spam though tell everyone you're not getting customers. Seems legit to me but perhaps this should be in the website review forum.

oh, i didn't mean this post to be a spam or advertisement. I pay a decent amount of money to get the amount of hits I get everyday and I'm confused why I don't get any signups. I think my plans are fairly average, the site looks ok to me, i have my phone number posted to show that im a reputable company and a secure signup form.

I took a look at the website review page and it looked like it was reviews of non host websites, so i thought it would be more appropriate to post this in the general forum. If I thought wrong, can the moderator please move it to the appropriate forum.

I pay a decent amount of money to get the amount of hits I get everyday
    You're paying to get 33 unique visitors a day? I don't care how 'highly targetted' those hits may be, they're certainly not worth whatever you might be paying.
    http://www.srohosting.com
    Stability, redundancy and peace of mind

Want to know why you're not getting any sign ups? None of the buttons/links at the bottom half of your screen work. You're missing several pages. Fix your site up.
    Doug Hazard - "retired" Web Hosting Master
    * Full Stack (Web/WP) Dev for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond (160+ sites)
    * Sports Photographer, Media Personality and CFB Historian
    * Tech Admin for several Sports Networks/Sites

Oh i think you're refering to the flash site. I direct all customers that come in through advertising to my html site http://www.sceniq.com/htmlmain.php. You think people are seeing my plans and then try to come back and enter the flash site where the links dont work.

Imma go fix that, maybe thats why

You're sold out of the windows plans so you must be doing something right. Try using whatever marketing you did to sell the windows plans on linux plans or offer more window plans.

well for windows we just had one big customer take up all the resources on it, so we have to get another server. Plus that customer was by word of mouth. i think it has to do with what prism said, i think people are going to the site and seeing the plans and coming back later to purchase and probably are going to the flash portion where some of the links dont work. Cuz i would think after getting 100 unique visits from people who want web hosting I would at least make one sale.

Thanks for the suggestions guys

you should really hire a designer and get your site fixed up, also it wouldent hurt to get a marketer to write your site text, also make a special landing page for the hits you are getting and offer them a 'special'

how much are you paying for 100 visitors over 3 days?

or it could be that the traffic you are being sent isn't of quality

it could be many different reasons really. But i woulden't expect to get a client for only 100 visits myself, unless your site dose a better job of selling
    modiphy.com :: Phenomenal Web Design
    modiHost.com :: Affordable Web Hosting

Also, not to be mean or anything, but those prices are a bit high.
    Send all e-mail to
    abuse@spews.org

I think you should also abandon the two year signup. I think people are leary about lengthy commitments. I would also restructure those plans and lower your prices . . . 50MB/2GB for $6.95

WHOA DUDE!
    • Ddos, DOS, Brute force protection • White Label Reseller Hosting. • Proactive Server Management
    • 20+ years experience! • sales@uncensored-hosting.com
    Uncensored-Hosting • X @UncensoredHost

Originally posted by kneadingu
    I think you should also abandon the two year signup. I think people are leary about lengthy commitments. I would also restructure those plans and lower your prices . . . 50MB/2GB for $6.95

WHOA DUDE!
    My point exactly.
    Send all e-mail to
    abuse@spews.org

Not really high and price shouldn't matter. What does matter is time. People looking for hosting may visit 50 sites, bookmark the ones they like and then come back later when they have a shortlist.
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.

You have a big empty space in the center. Your logo is small and to the right. The site almost looks unbranded.

On the main page, the details of the plans seem small in comparison to the price (I'm talking about the size of the type/font). Make them bigger and the price smaller. Or group the bandwidth/disk space together near the price at the bottom so you can tell at a glance what you get for that price.

You have a good special in the buy one year get a second year half price but you would never know it from glancing at the site. Give the offer more prominence. At least give it a bold title or something. Don't say just say "free." Say "Buy one year, get one year FREE!" Trust me on this.

A big problem to me seems to be the terms of service. Not the actual terms (I haven't read them), just the presentation. I think you would be better off with a system where its click here to read the terms. Then a check box to indicate, "Yes, I have read all the terms and agree." That way most people will click yes without thinking about the terms. Your terms might be standard, but to a novice it could look foreboding and scare them off.

That's my quick two-minute impression.

Okay...after reading everybody else's comments I went back and looked at your pricing.

It sounds like all or nothing. If I look at the $6.95 a month and think that doesn't have enough to fit my needs, the next thing I see is $49.95. That's quite a jump. The pricing structure seems like it's targeting two different audiences.

So you either need to add one middle-priced plan or decide to offer two moderate priced plans or two upper-tier plans (Like $6.95/$13.95 and $30.00/$49.99).

...well, damn. I just went back and clicked on the link for virtual hosting and see you do have some mid-tier plans. But that's not obvious from your home page. You need to add them to the home page or change the words by your pricing from "only" to "from" or "starting at" or "as low as" (the latter would be good for promoting your two-year price).

Also, I read your "about us" page. I don't particularly care for the style...too much "we, us, our, etc" - and there are some passages with questionable grammar and at least one misspelled word. By the way, when you're talking about the network you skip around from saying "servers" to "it" and "server."

I think I would reword the last paragraph to read something like:

"Our servers are located in the heart of LA where they are connected to the outside world via a multi-provider/multi-fibered network. To ensure they remain online and functional even in the advent of a major power outage, we have established a redundant backup system that includes diesel-powered generators."
    Last edited by adland; 05-24-2003 at 03:39 AM.

charlesw:

1. First of all, don't be too alarmed about not converting any of your 100 visitors in the last 3 days. There are lots of things to consider. To begin with, 100 is far too small a sample from which to draw any real meaningful conclusions. If you were looking at your last 1,000 visitors, the results would be more meaningful. At 10,000, even more precise. Get my point? As well, perhaps they are still just shopping around and plan to return at a future date.

2. I agree that the 2-year commitment is way too long. You go from month-to-month right up to 50% off for 2 years. Scrap the 2 years. Consider giving smaller discounts quarterly, semi-annually and perhaps annually, but certainly not longer than that.

3. $15 setup fee? You just might be losing some prospective customers right there. The days of charging for setup are long gone.

4. You charge $145 per hour for non-emergency telephone support? I'm not sure, but that may scare some off...

5. Where are you getting your paid traffic from? Can it be considered quality targetted traffic? You may want to revisit that.

6. I personally don't think your prices are too high. Then again, I don't try to compete online in the ridiculously low price wars. I have a small hosting site and for the most part, I have local customers. Hell, I charge $14.95 Canadian ($9.95 US) for 2 GB of transfer. You really can get more money per account if you focus on your local market. And fewer headaches. Less spam, lower server resource usage per customer, fewer support tickets, more loyalty, more referals.

Hope that helps. Good luck with your site.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

good advice vito
    modiphy.com :: Phenomenal Web Design
    modiHost.com :: Affordable Web Hosting

wow this is some great feedback, I'll work on all those changes and see what happens. I'll post my results back here. Most of my traffic is coming from google adwords. I got about 70 unique hits from them. I love how you're able to change your ad with adwords and track the results which are almost immediate. I also have banners at hostsearch.com which brought in the rest of the traffic. Thanks every1 for taking the time to see what i could improve with my site. Really appreciate it.

i think you should work on your design and come up with better prices, its just what i think

Also, not to be mean or anything, but those prices are a bit high.
    What is it with you guys? You would be the same one nodding when someone else say "you get what you pay for". What are you basing your opinions on that the prices are too high.
    People just can't win on this forum. If he was charging $2.95 the price would be too low.

IMHO this post should be in the "Running a Webhosting Business" forum.
    Have you Floble'd today?

I agree with the idea that my plan structure needs to change. I already changed it a couple times. In the beginning my silver plan was $6.95 for only 10MB of space and 1GB transfer. After looking around I figured that plan wasn't competitive enough so i changed it to 50MB and 2GB transfer. Honestly I think this price isn't competetive enough for online advertising. Too many hosts have lowered their prices so that everyone has to lower their prices.

What I think I'm going to make all the changes that were recommended in regards to looks, placements and wordings. As for pricing I'm going to create to separate sites. One that targets online sales where prices will be more competitive and another site that will target local sales. I've noticed local people really don't have any clue how much hosting should cost and are a lot less nagging when it comes to features.

Originally posted by vito
    charlesw:

6. I personally don't think your prices are too high. Then again, I don't try to compete online in the ridiculously low price wars. I have a small hosting site and for the most part, I have local customers. Hell, I charge $14.95 Canadian ($9.95 US) for 2 GB of transfer. You really can get more money per account if you focus on your local market. And fewer headaches. Less spam, lower server resource usage per customer, fewer support tickets, more loyalty, more referals.

Hope that helps. Good luck with your site.

Vito
    BINGO! Vito! I havent looked at the site but sure have to agree with Vito on this one!
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

Put all your plans on the front page. Nobody wants to dig...especially when the next host has them all conveniently listed right there. With every other 8th grader offering hosting these days, you'll probably get 1 sign-up for every 500 visitors.
    With more success comes more expense!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast