Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking HostingCon 2005 - Who has paid the $135 and is definately going?

I know there was alot of talk going on about going but, who has actually paid their money and is definately going?

Zach Roberts - Lifeless People Networks Paid and Confirmed

We have and will be there with bells on

Originally posted by RackmountMicro
    We have and will be there with bells on
    You mean like this bunch of Morris Dancers and the bells around their anckles?

Unfortunatly I wont be able to make it. I think we might be represented though.
    -- Matthew

rofl We should get uniforms like that too
    Sorry to hear you cant make it this year

We're doing great on registrations already and we've still got a lot of time to go before the conference. Everyone seems to be really excited about HostingCon.
    George A. Roberts IV ~ President & CEO, Purity Networks

Powerful, easy to use antispam services

Talking

I echo the exciting comment. We are definitely excited about this convention!!

7. Nexosys Communications is planning on being at the event. We are excited too to meet with other companies. We are redoing or branding and one of the places we are wanting to really show it is HostingCon!

Still deciding on whether we fly or drive from Kentucky though.
    Jason Peters
    Nexosys Communications Corporation
    jpeters@nexosys.com | http://www.nexosys.com
    Computers - Networks - Web Hosting - Telecom (Voice and Data Services)

Nexo:
    What does the drive time look like for you? From Raleigh we were looking at ~12-15 hours I believe...

Originally posted by RackmountMicro
    Nexo:
    What does the drive time look like for you? From Raleigh we were looking at ~12-15 hours I believe...
    I just drove to Louisville from Chicago a couple of weeks ago and it was about 5.5 hours.

10. Yes, about 5 hours -- according to streets and trips. The last time I rode in a car going to Chicago for Comdex seemed like it took days
    Jason Peters

Louisville was my stayover stop on my way to the Gatlinburg, TN area for a wedding. I didn't get on the road until evening and figured the 10-hour drive straight through to Gatlinburg was not in my best interest, so I crashed for the night at a Jameson Inn.

Anyway, you're right... there's not much in the way of scenery to break up the monotony of that 5.5 hour drive. With the exception of maybe Indianapolis and then when you get in towards Chicago.

12. I have driven to Indy too... that was in a Chevy Astro cargo van that sounded like a jet (I dubbed it my Chevy Jet Engine). Left my house in Louisville at 4:30am for an 8am meeting. That was LOADS of fun

Maybe it was because I was half a sleep, but I dont remember much between here and there either
    Jason Peters

LOTS of music to keep you going
    I Haven't personally driven to Chicago, but I would lvoe to sometime... not sure if I want to put the miles on my halfway new car though Havent had it but for a little over a year and already 33,000 miles on it!

14. WOW! You do a lot of driving.

I have Sirius Satellite Radio in my Jeep and that barely gets me through 5pm traffic in Louisville. BUt with over 150 channels atleast I can listen to something while I am just sitting on the 'expressway.'
    Jason Peters

I think it was more shell shock of upgrading from a 1985 olds "pimp mobile" that would overheat if you went out of the city limits, to a RELIABLE 2004 Toyota Corolla S... I went to West Virginia, Virginia, Florida, the beach twice, Atlanta a multitude of times, DC, Maryland, the list goes on and on!
    I have Sirius too, but I have one of those portable radios... Listen to it more in the office while im building machines than I do in my car! I love it though Cant wait for Howard Stern to get on there soon!
    Sirius does me a lot of good going to Atlanta. I can check Atlanta's traffic reports when im 3 or 4 hours out so I can decide if I want to stop over to visit family in Augusta to kill some time or make the full trip there.

16. Just out of curiosity, is there going to be any unofficial events outside of the main conference? I am trying to schedule 1 or 2 people to be on call in case this "business trip" takes up a lot of my time in the evenings.

Thanks,
    JCP
    Jason Peters

Well, there is an "official" party on Monday evening after the conference, sponsored by Server Central, Ping! Zine magazine, and Interjuncture. There is also an "unofficial" party on Tuesday night, details to follow. I know a few of our other exhibitors have stated that they're making plans to throw some type of party or get together as well, so I would say that if you want to make the rounds, you'll definately be able to.

There is going to be A LOT going on for sure... We have some things we are planning as well potentially!

19. All I can say is... AWESOME! Ok roll corny oscar orchestra music.
    Jason Peters

Jaguarpc has registerd and we are looking forward to the conference. I'm hoping this conference is worth its weight so that we can make this an annual event for us. We look forward to meeting as many people as possible! Probst!
    Brandon L
    *DedicatedSpace.com - JaguarPC.com
    * Quality web hosting since '98
    Call 800-558-5869 or Email sales@jaguarpc.com

We're exhibiting... there will be at least 2 people and possibly 3 people from Simpli there. Looking forward to seeing all of you!
    Erica Douglass, Founder, Simpli Hosting, Inc.
    »»» I founded Simpli Hosting, and sold it in 2007 to Silicon Valley Web Hosting after over 6 years in the business.
    Now I'm blogging at erica.biz!

Originally posted by Simpli-Erica
    We're exhibiting... there will be at least 2 people and possibly 3 people from Simpli there. Looking forward to seeing all of you!
    /me gets out the mustache and sunglasses..

2 from my company are paid and going, me being 1 of them.

I've registered, booked a hotel room and have paid my airfare. Look forward to seeing you guys there
    ‹‹SHAW NETWORKS›› Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans ›› 24/7/365 Live Technical Support ‹‹
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

Re: HostingCon 2005 - Who has paid the $135 and is definately going?

Originally posted by LP-Trel
    I know there was alot of talk going on about going but, who has actually paid their money and is definately going?

Zach Roberts - Lifeless People Networks Paid and Confirmed

my company has paid that plus the aero fare.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast