"money back guarantee"

How many resellers offer a money back guarantee and how many customers actually take you up on that offer (average)

I definitely offer a 20 day money back gaurantee. It's a good way to appease the customer's doubt.

Every once in a great while someone decides not to conitinue after the initial month but it's very rare.

The trick I think is to offer the gaurantee, but make sure you have great service. If you overwhelm them with great service they will stick with you.

Joe
    iCANx Web Hosting

there are a fair few resellers offering a money back guarantee......The number of customers that take you up on the offer will not be very high....might only be hosthoppers.....

this thread might be useful:

http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread...ght=money+back
    --

<< MOD EDIT >>

<< /MOD EDIT>>
    Last edited by teck; 03-13-2002 at 08:54 PM.

Money Back Gurrantee isn't that big of a deal when you pay with CC because there is always the Charge Back Option. (even though its a pain in the @$$ )

I do not agree.
    Chargebacks should not be considered as an option, as it should only be used as a last resort. They are not intended for people who simply decide they do not like the service they are getting..... if you paid for a service, and are getting that service.... do not use a chargeback, as it is unfair to the company.

If your intention is to cancel your account after taking it for a test drive, then just look for a hosting company that offers a money-back guarantee.... I think you'll find that most do.

Cheers!
    Rob.

Not a reseller here but the amount of people who take us up on the 30 day money back is very low. In most cases it's just people confused about the services we offer and decide it's not what they want after all.

It's worth implimenting the policy as it gives people a sense of trust that if things don't work out they have an opportunity to walk away without being burnt. With the industry the way it is, it's understandable that a lot of people get nervous when they have to change hosts.

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Thanks for the info, when my site is open it will offer a full 30 day money back gauruntee.