Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Webhostplus Clients

Just like all of you, I got the dreaded email saying that my 2 sites are gone and no backup is available to restore them. I'm curiuous what your next step will be. Mine is cancelling my services ASAP and moving to a host that actually does a backup. I can't believe the idiots are offering me a month free as compensation for losing all my data and hundreds of hours of work. I'm hoping everyone else affected takes their business elsewhere.

We are getting an avalanche of ex-netbunch customers, what happened?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Unfortunatly I was on a years subscription, but I have cancelled it and am on a new server already. I took a backup of all sites last week when they were up and down like a yoyo so its just gruntwork for me to get them all back and running the way they were. Guess the best thing is to cut your losses and post on all similar forums to avoid them like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito
    .... other than 16 boxes getting hacked/wiped, the usual.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Jedito see the below threads

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...89#post4077789

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...=540957&page=3

Basically they wiped all servers with no backups available for most people. They are saying they were hacked.

Quote Originally Posted by abrown1982

Basically they wiped all servers with no backups available for most people. They are saying they were hacked.
    Seems like a nightmare for all the customers, hopefully most of the customers have an up to date backup.
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Quote Originally Posted by abrown1982

Ouch, stupid me, now I just realized where they were comming from.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Yikes, I wish you much luck with your next host!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito

Yeah, here too.

Does anyone know if there are any backups being restored or coming soon...or are they just "gone"?? We're getting conflicting reports from incoming customers - so we don't know if we should continue to try to get the data for them, or just give it up?

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

All we have is that alot of the backups are gone, for all we know its all of them or only a few.

I don't think anything can be considered reliable in regards to the information. I just think it is unfortunate that there are lots of people whom host sites that bring in a portion or all of thei income and those lives have been impacted.

Regarding the backups I think it would be safe to say they are gone as well. It sounds like who ever was in these servers had root access. That is just speculation though.

After dealing with WHP for quite a while now I am totally convinced that the whole email is a scam on their part.

I can understand one server being attacked, but all of them?

Anyway I am sure the server I was on is perfectly safe, simply because I don't think it is possible to attack an offline server (unless someone walks into the datacenter with a bit axe )

Folks, if you don't have a backup you have no option than to start from scratch.

And if you do then why haven't you moved yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Webberzone
    I can understand one server being attacked, but all of them?
    It's fairly common for bots to try to exploit entire IP ranges, I see no reason to doubt their reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina
    Yeah, here too.

Does anyone know if there are any backups being restored or coming soon...or are they just "gone"?? We're getting conflicting reports from incoming customers - so we don't know if we should continue to try to get the data for them, or just give it up?

--Tina

As far as I know, nothing has been left there.

Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina
    Yeah, here too.

From what I can see, unless those incoming clients have their own backups, forget it. Their previous data is gone, gone gone, and it aint coming back.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Unfortunately, that's what everyone is starting to realize.

This, and other incidences like it, boldly outline the importance of keeping your own backups - even if you think your host is doing it for you.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

I would have to agree with Tina. This is real hard lesson learned if you lost your investment and hard work. Not only is it a good idea to have backups but to store them in a remote locations as well. On the other side the host should consider storing their client backups somewhere else besides the local server.

I uurks be to see a hosting company not even backing up to a RFC1918 server or a Fiber Array locally or remotly. I mean with the costs of Hard Drives at a fair range it could of saved this company thousands of dollars and lost revenue!

I think every host here should learn from this hosts circumstance ALWAYS have a backup plan.
    Axcelx Technologies - James
    Boston Colocation | Boston VPS
    Massachusetts Server Colocation, Dedicated Servers & VPS

Luckily for me, I had a backup form June...still lost a couple month's work, but not a tragedy. I've been working on this particular site since 2001, so you can imagine the damange if I didn't have my own backup. My site is now with Hostgator and it's already up and running.

What pisses me off is the fact that they're so silent and not giving us any updates. All I got from them is the stupid email saying that they lost my stuff including the backups...what a netbunch of idiots.

Has anyone been able to cancel his/her account? how did you do it?

thanks

Thats why you should always do backups yourself or get a host that does daily backups and you won't have to worry about things like that.

wow, with all the bad input and reviews here I think its pretty safe to say these guys are finished. I notice I dont see any more of their staff posting here. I would be too embarrassed too

One mistake I seen WebHostPlus made was

They had soo much money to spend, they just purchased companies after companies, after companies and all in all they ended up with too much customers to where they can't handle. Wasn't they good at one point? Before they started purchaseing all these hosting companies up? If I ever owned a company I would first search it to the company I plan to sell to and make sure they have a good rating, wouldnt want my hard working and earned clients to go bad.

Interestingly some (most?) of the servers have been restored with no data loss, even though WHP claimed that their backups were gone.

try your server,

some of them have come back up in the last few minutes

like echo2 and echo6

a save, and move would be in order? now! ;-)

-larry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast