Thread: Stolen domains!

Hi,

I was just wondering.. If someone gets my login/pass and logs into my accounts (with i.e. dotster, etc), can he steal my domains? If so, is there anything I can do to get the domains back?

no

Well, you could sue them for it - because you own the domain legaly - so they are actually breaking into your system... the same way hackers crack a site or whatever they do there...

So I wouldn't be too worried about it
    Marketing For Hosting Companies:

Changing the ownership information for a domain name is a lot more complicated than logging into your account control panel. The most they could do via your control panel is change the contact information (for administrative, technical, etc). They could also change the name servers and point your domain somewhere else, but it seems to me if you contact Dotster and tell them what's going on they should be able to correct the problem.

As far as I know, with OpenSRS anyway you can change anything in their control panel, including ownership.

If you have enough money, take a legal action.
    Contact your lawyer and ask him/her to contact Dotster.

But how could you prove it wasn't you that changed the ownership information?