Dedicated auction - Dual Xeon 2.8GHz, SCSI/RAID. You pick the datacenter, IRC or not!

The following server is the last in our inventory of its kind, and it must be sold this week and it will be sold here on WHT in auction format ending on Friday, August 27th 2004 at 11:59PM Eastern. Buyer must then sign our non-term Agreement and Service Order within 24 hours of "auction" close:

Dell PowerEdge 1750, Dual Xeon 2.8GHz, 1GB DDR-266 ECC, 2x36GB SCSI 10K, Dual redundant 350W PSU's.

We will gladly upgrade the RAM or HDD's on this server in exchange for a setup fee equal to our cost of performing the upgrade.

We will not require a term Agreement or setup fee on this server. The monthly rate will be equal to the highest bid at the end of this "auction" plus a rate of $50/month/megabit of 95th percentile bandwidth utilization -or- $300/mo for an unmetered 10 megabit port -or- $1995/mo for an unmetered 100 megabit port.

A /28 will be included free of charge. If you wish to add IP's we are offering them to the buyer of this server at a reduced rate:

Upgrade to:

/27 (32 IP's) = $15.00 per month
    /26 (64 IP's) = $30.00 per month
    /25 (128 IP's) = $60.00 per month
    /24 (255 IP's) = $120.00 per month

You choose the datacenter:

- Level(3) Richmond (Server is currently locating here, fastest setup)
    - Colo4Dallas
    - Limelight PHX3 (IRC is allowed at this location!)
    - 600 W. 7th, Los Angeles, CA
    - 200 N. Nash, El Segundo, CA

For information regarding our network, feel free to utilize our Looking Glass service at http://lg.net-sentry.net . The Phoenix core router is not currently listed. If you require tests to be run from that location, e-mail sales@net-sentry and we will gladly perform them on your behalf. Test IP's are not provided as a matter of policy, as routing is subject to change.

Should you have any questions, feel free to contact me directly at jeffrey.lyon@net-sentry.net

Please post your bid on this thread!

I bid $1

I'll go ahead and start the bid myself at $25.00/mo . Please use $25.00 increments.

Thanks!

okay I will bid 50.00 - you shouldn't be allowed to bid! pfft :-(

I will bid 50.00 - I'll make you eggs and waffle and buy you a drink? Deal?

So I get to make a sale and get free breakfast? Hm..

Who said anything about breakfast heheeh

I bid $75
    ^_^

I bid $100 - quit it francisco - let me win this auction jeez

whats the non-term Agreement all about?
    Last edited by Steven; 08-27-2004 at 02:47 PM.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Its the opposite of a term Agreement, 12-mo etc.

Originally posted by DeathNova
    Its the opposite of a term Agreement, 12-mo etc.
    So, it will be for an Unlimited amount of time? How much does cPanel costs and whats the best network for non-irc servers? (best peering, etc)
    ^_^

thelinuxguy,

Just to clarify, we will require a contract, however, it does not require you to continue using the services for X months and to simply outline right and responsibilities of each party. (I see that you deleted your $125 bid )

Francisco,

Yes, this offer is valid as long as you hold the server. Cpanel is an additional $45/mo.

My personal reccomendation would be to keep the server at Level(3) Richmond, as we're planning to implement a long haul circuit to Equinix IAD to pick up peering at that location and to possibly peer with Virginia Tech (VT links most all of Virginia's universities, many of its K12's, and a handful of government agencies). Also, by staying in Richmond you will receive the server much faster (we will not have to ship it out, since its a physically large server, this could take sometime via Groundtrac if it had to goto DFW, PHX, or LAX).

I'll be out and about after about 5PM, so if anyone has any questions or concernes between 5PM and 11:59PM, be sure to catch me on my mobile, 804-479-0652 (or you can *try* my desk at 804-545-3950).

125. i wasent sure about the agreement.
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Note to anyone who may be waiting until last minute, bids that are received after 11:59PM Eastern Daylight Time tonight will be disregarded and the server will be sold to the highest bidder that submitted prior to midnight.

Of course, if this happens we will be more than happy to discuss other options of working with you on a dedicated server package, we just would not be able to sell *this* particular unit (its the last of the Dual Xeon's we have in stock as of now).

$150 is my bid

i bid 175

you can have it then

you won steve, where's that breakfast
    ^_^

<3

now to deside what datacenter.

Congrats! to thelinuxguy!

If you can send a quick e-mail to sales @ net-sentry dot net and let us know which facility you would like this turned up in, we'll get the paperwork sent off to you.

We look forward to working with you.
    * Shaun Gregory, President
    * sales@nscnap.net | Sales: (877) 7-GETNSC
    * Black Lotus Communications - The IRC hosting and DDoS management company
    * Net Sentry Corp, LLC - Dropping the floor on transit pricing nationwide

i bid 176