Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Samsung Galaxy SIII vs HTC One X

Please Suggest and a short "why" will be really help full

Thank you.

This has already been done all over the internet.

It's all preference.

Both phones are incredibly powerful. The GS3 has more overall raw power on board, it has a superior screen (subjective), and it's got removable battery and expandable SD. It will have a HUGE development community.

The HTC One X (there are several variants) runs on an inferior CPU/GPU combo. It has an inferior screen, it's smaller, and it also has some widely known issues with build quality and its screen.

Again there are several variants of the HTC One X, and there will be several variants of the GS3 when it hits the US. The GS3 that's being reviewed now is a superior piece of hardware overall. It comes down to preference and taste in the end though.

TLDR; Short answer, they are both awesome. Neither is "better".

Perhaps you could provide more info if you are really interested in these phones. What are you specifically looking for?
    GorillaServers Inc. Powerful Bare Metal Servers
    Instant and Custom Deploy 1Gbps/10Gbps Servers in Los Angeles & Ogden Utah
    Follow us @GorillaServers | GSI on Facebook

I just want to add one thing.

First - My vote goes to HTC and the reason is simple - openness.

Samsung uses the "loke" system to run its bootloader functions (and Odin is the tool used to communicate with it).

HTC uses Fastboot, which is not only multi-platform but also more open. HTC also allows you to unlock the bootloader from their website.

I am getting the HTC EVO 4G LTE this week. It is based off of the One X with several enhancements. I cant wait to take it our for a spin.
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat

Quote Originally Posted by KMyers View Post
    I just want to add one thing.

First - My vote goes to HTC and the reason is simple - openness.

Samsung uses the "loke" system to run its bootloader functions (and Odin is the tool used to communicate with it).

HTC uses Fastboot, which is not only multi-platform but also more open. HTC also allows you to unlock the bootloader from their website.

I am getting the HTC EVO 4G LTE this week. It is based off of the One X with several enhancements. I cant wait to take it our for a spin.
    I will also be picking one up to tide me over with something new until the GS3 reaches my hands. The Evo 4G LTE is superior to the One X in almost every way possible. It also looks much cooler IMO. Some people think it looks like a mess but I like the design.

I think the OP is just making fluff posts anyhow, as is usually the case when they have 10 posts and make pointless threads like this and never reply. Oh well!

Quote Originally Posted by GorillaServers View Post
    I will also be picking one up to tide me over with something new until the GS3 reaches my hands. The Evo 4G LTE is superior to the One X in almost every way possible. It also looks much cooler IMO. Some people think it looks like a mess but I like the design.

I think the OP is just making fluff posts anyhow, as is usually the case when they have 10 posts and make pointless threads like this and never reply. Oh well!
    Are you with Sprint?

I just hope they roll out LTE soon. I hear Miami is in Wave 2 which should begin in the summer.

As far as the Fluff Post, I dont agree, at least it lends some value (unlike those who just reply to other threads with a "Thank you for this information"). It is relevant and honestly a good question.

Both phones are good, I just crave the openess. One other thing. I would take Sense 4 over TouchWiz. I normally go ASOP but Sense 4 actually looks like it may compliment ICS.
    Keith I Myers

Are you with Sprint?

I just hope they roll out LTE soon. I hear Miami is in Wave 2 which should begin in the summer.

As far as the Fluff Post, I dont agree, at least it lends some value (unlike those who just reply to other threads with a "Thank you for this information"). It is relevant and honestly a good question.

Both phones are good, I just crave the openess. One other thing. I would take Sense 4 over TouchWiz. I normally go ASOP but Sense 4 actually looks like it may compliment ICS.
    I agree it's a decent question. I just mean this has all the typical signs of fluff posts. People often blurt out 10 quick posts like this and never actually respond to them so they can post ads and stuff in other forums.

I am on Sprint for my personal lines still. I have one other line on Verizon though for my Nexus as their LTE just crushes sprint's wimax. I can sometimes get speeds greater than my home cable connection while driving down the freeway lol.

As for the openness, I agree but I also don't. While Samsung phones don't have the same methods as HTC they are not locked down at all. I am active in the dev network on the Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch and the Galaxy Nexus, and they both have a huge and active community. ODIN is actually not the only method for unlocking and flashing these phones. In some cases ODIN can be required to cold flash a phone or bring it back from a soft brick, but it's not the only method. I actually am a fan of using ODIN and Mobile ODIN though. They have never failed me.

Oh did HTC finally officially open the bootloader on the One X? I kept hearing a lot of people complaining about how they were keeping it locked down despite their recent claims that all phones would be unlocked in the future.

Touchwiz is not that great. I won't argue there, as everyone knows TW is pretty lame. I really only run AOSP/AOKP style roms though as I don't like ANY carrier overlays on my devices. Sense 4 is nicer looking than touchwiz but I am not a fan of it either. I prefer having no overlay and using a custom launcher than either of those.

Oh did HTC finally officially open the bootloader on the One X? I kept hearing a lot of people complaining about how they were keeping it locked down despite their recent claims that all phones would be unlocked in the future.
    HTC Has done a great job of unlocking bootloaders as promised. There was one thing people failed to quote in their promise and that is "when the carrier allows it". The One X ha sbeen unlocked with every provider except for AT&T who contractually stated that HTC may not provide a method to unlock the AT&T One X. This however does not stop 3rd party devs .

The EVO 4G LTE is unlockable via the HTCDev Site

Touchwiz is not that great. I won't argue there, as everyone knows TW is pretty lame. I really only run AOSP/AOKP style roms though as I don't like ANY carrier overlays on my devices. Sense 4 is nicer looking than touchwiz but I am not a fan of it either. I prefer having no overlay and using a custom launcher than either of those.
    On my EVO 3D, I had Cynaogen on it within minutes of leaving the Sprint Store. I had my little brother drive while I was int he back seat flashing the rom. Sense 2.x and Sense 3 was a hot mess.

I may actually give sense 4 a chance.
    Keith I Myers

HTC Has done a great job of unlocking bootloaders as promised. There was one thing people failed to quote in their promise and that is "when the carrier allows it". The One X ha sbeen unlocked with every provider except for AT&T who contractually stated that HTC may not provide a method to unlock the AT&T One X. This however does not stop 3rd party devs .

The EVO 4G LTE is unlockable via the HTCDev Site

On my EVO 3D, I had Cynaogen on it within minutes of leaving the Sprint Store. I had my little brother drive while I was int he back seat flashing the rom. Sense 2.x and Sense 3 was a hot mess.

I may actually give sense 4 a chance.

Well at least you had someone else drive lol. I agree the old versions of sense were an overly bloated mess of junk. The new version still seems pretty heavy, but the new hardware these days should have no problem keeping it running smoothly. I may try it on the stock rom when I get the new EVO, but I'll probably end up going with AOSP and custom launcher.

Well at least you had someone else drive lol. I agree the old versions of sense were an overly bloated mess of junk. The new version still seems pretty heavy, but the new hardware these days should have no problem keeping it running smoothly. I may try it on the stock rom when I get the new EVO, but I'll probably end up going with AOSP and custom launcher.
    Actually it is a lot lighter (at least visually) then past versions of sense.

Gingerbread/Froyo's stock skin was very plain, this is one of the reasons manufacturers released their overlays.

ICS on the other hand is simply beautiful, I can respect a few light touches as long as it does not take away from the feel of ICS. Sense 4 seems to compliment ICS more then damage it.

I will test on Thursday to see if it it hurts the RAM
    Keith I Myers

Actually it is a lot lighter (at least visually) then past versions of sense.

Gingerbread/Froyo's stock skin was very plain, this is one of the reasons manufacturers released their overlays.

ICS on the other hand is simply beautiful, I can respect a few light touches as long as it does not take away from the feel of ICS. Sense 4 seems to compliment ICS more then damage it.

I will test on Thursday to see if it it hurts the RAM
    Let me know how you like it. I'd like to hear a personal review before I decide to get one for certain.

Let me know how you like it. I'd like to hear a personal review before I decide to get one for certain.
    Yes, I will do a full Unboxing and Review Video. I will shoot it in 2D and 3D , if you have the tech to view 3D content. I will post Thursday or Friday
    Keith I Myers

Yes, I will do a full Unboxing and Review Video. I will shoot it in 2D and 3D , if you have the tech to view 3D content. I will post Thursday or Friday
    Sweet man looking forward to it

How is the EVO 4G LTE superior to the One X when it's the same phone just the LTE version? The only difference really are the colors and the fact that they support different networks, one is GSM while the other is not.
    http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...&idPhone2=4614

Quote Originally Posted by WireNine View Post
    How is the EVO 4G LTE superior to the One X when it's the same phone just the LTE version?
    http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...&idPhone2=4614
    I am referring to the international T3 version, not the AT&T version. Sorry for the confusion. It's a totally different chipset than the international version. I am not a fan of Tegra at all. It's crap.

The AT&T One X is based on a qualcomm chip and different GPU combo. Tegra 3 is not nearly as wonderful as nvidia makes it appear to be through their deceptive marketing. The EVO 4G LTE has expandable SD and some other differences as well. It also doesn't have the build quality problem with the screen setting.

The only real place where the HTC wins is aesthetics, go with the S III.

I have a Vodafone HTC One X and I have to say... I reckon it will beat a SG3. Yes, there is a screen and battery issue which (in the UK) has already been fixed with a software update.. and it can be done manually.

The screen is massive, responds VERY well and looks so much better than the SG3.
    | Conor C. - Server Latch

Quote Originally Posted by SH - Conor View Post
    I have a Vodafone HTC One X and I have to say... I reckon it will beat a SG3. Yes, there is a screen and battery issue which (in the UK) has already been fixed with a software update.. and it can be done manually.

The screen is massive, responds VERY well and looks so much better than the SG3.
    What do you mean by "beat" though? The One X is inferior when it comes to the specs in just about every single way, but I personally think the One X is more pleasing to the eye, but I go for specs above all else.

This is definitely a subjective deal. Unless we set specific terms on what constitutes a victory, we can't claim a victor on either side. Neither is a clear winner.

So if we go by specs the GS3 is the champ, no question about it.
    If we go by carrier overlay software the One X is much better looking.

So are we talking hardware specs, best looking device, or overall usability ?

You are speaking as solely a One X owner.

Hmm one of my friend bought HTC One yesterday and i got iPhone and S2 with me , after comparison with S2 i would 100% prefer you to go with HTC due to its screen clarity and resolution , its camera is awesome atleast better then S2 . Else depends on you , just go to stores and check out the features .

Regards

HTC One X is the best, I already got one
    Professional Email Marketing - Switzerland Web Hosting - Dedicated Servers (Worldwide) - VPS - RIPE membership - Company Formation (EU/US/ASIA)
    If you need anything just hit me up on MSN/Skype/ICQ/AIM or you can just send me a PM anytime

I'm in the middle of trying to decide between the S3 and a One X variant too, I'm glad I came across this thread. A quick question about the Android software though. In Australia there always seems to be a lot of people complaining about the delay in releasing the actual Android software updates. An example would be ICS, where I believe some mobile phones here are still not able to run that version of software yet.

What is the reason for the delay? I'd like to be running the latest software as soon as it's available. Why do I need to wait a month or more from it's release date before I can use it?

I should note that I'd be coming over from the Apple iPhone where I'm able to download the latest version of iOS as soon as it's released.

I have the One X and the quality cannot get any better. I don't see why people get all into the details with 2 phones who are sooo similar.

I do however think that having a removable battery and an SD card place would be nice.. But 16GB internal memory is more than any SD card I would use. Oh so I can't remove the battery? No problem if it breaks I get a whole new phone anyway covered by AT&T insurance.

I like the big screen
    (oh yeah keep in mind One X has battery sound quality because of the built in BeatsAudio)

I don't like the design for the S3, it's too round like something out of 2002 or something. I prefer boxier looks. So as said before, it's all about preference.
    Last edited by Alex LD; 06-30-2012 at 07:26 PM.
    Alex Fuller | Creative Director / Owner
    Extremely experienced, with 5 years service to WHT community.
    LegitDesigns, LLC - Professional Web Design Company

Quote Originally Posted by PAH - Tim View Post

What is the reason for the delay? I'd like to be running the latest software as soon as it's available. Why do I need to wait a month or more from it's release date before I can use it?
    I think it's just less development compared to the international version. Best solution is to just get the international version of the phone if you're worried about inferior development which quite frankly should be pretty good anyway.

Both devices are simply fantastic. However, i think Samsung galaxy S III is more powerful than HTC.

that is very hard to choose between 2 great mobiles,but in my opinion HTC ONE X is the bestest one

G3... micro SD card up to 64 GB... internal up to 32 GB... can remove the battery (plus, the standard battery is large... ever ran out of juice?). I carry an extra battery with me at all times.

SD and battery are more than enough to push G3 or HTC.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast