Matty Guest

Smile

We are looking for some moderators to moderator this forum, the host database and review database. All moderating is web based (i.e. done in your browser, no FTPing or anything complicated)

If interested please email: matt@hostinvestigator.com
      0 Not allowed!

CWebNet Guest

Matty,

I have noticed this fourm is not popular updated that much when you had the old design ... I wonder what happened ...

Meed for Moderators is kind of risk job, you know! Good luck pazl
      0 Not allowed!

web_independent Guest

Angry

Matt (Matty),
    I would be interested in moderating but it is quite upsetting that you have such a good product but such a unprofessional approach. You are constantly making negative comments (rumored and/or fact) about hosting companies. This doesn't help the general public. You should know as much as anyone that every single hosting company, ISP, or any service related company that has any substantial number of customers has those past or current customers that had a bad experience and have bad things to say. I agree that some are worst than others but many times it is a combination of the customer not knowing how to do somehing or expecting more than what they paid for and the hosting company being overloaded and not responding with the desired answer. You get what you paid for!!! But, it may be in your best interest to become more of a internet professional than a ring master and troublemaker.
    I notice that your advertisers are always given good reviews by you. Please don't say that if *****, Matrixcubed, Half Price wanted to give you high advertising revenue you wouldn't accept and most likely you would change your tone on your comments. Your advertiser PCISD, is extremely unprofessional when they post to this fourm and complain about *****, another hosting company, for threating to take legal action for his low attack he made about them in regards to *****'s recent problems. Did they go to the bottom of the pit and contact *****'s customers to switch to them??? Is PCISD jealous that they don't have that many customers and it will sure be funny when the day comes that they have hardware problems since all hosts will have a disaster of some type sooner or later. I don't know who posted that but they need to learn that posting negative comments about anybody or company can very easily lead to slander law suits. This is not being a bully but it is the way of business and has been done by countless companies thoughout the world for comments made in print, tv, radio, and the internet is no different.
    The above description of you and your buddies make you and them lower snakes than you are making the hosts out to be that you comment about.
      0 Not allowed!

Matty Guest

First off all we wouldn't allow ***** to advertise with us and we have constantly ignored their requests for advertising. Similarly for MatrixCubed, I won't go into reasons why on this subject.

All advertisers don't get good reviews, this is nonsense. However a good number of our advertisers are very reputable companies, you can not deny this. And the majority of approved companies are not advertisers.

A lot of hosts do have problems, everyone nearly will have at least one negative customer, but visitors deserve to be warned via either the forum or the customer review section if a company is well below par, I don't see where the trouble making comes into it.

We could easily turn into a $$$ hosting directory and scrap the reviews and forum, but many people prefer it this way, if that's unprofessional then so be.

[This message has been edited by Admin (edited 02-25-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Admin (edited 02-25-2000).]
      0 Not allowed!

Gordon Guest

Lightbulb

No comments about what you guys said. But according to all the web hosting directory websites i had went. They are just trying to earn $ for their websites. I am not trying to get favours from Matt, but what i am saying is from the bottom of my heart. No hosting directory will ever spend time seriously investigate a host and post the results on the website or email. NO one will. But posting hosting reviews about other web hosting companies need to be investigate throughly and carefully or it will tarnish its reputation. Some clients have negative comments about their host. But It MAY be problems on their end. Not its host. I hope this thing helps to clear up everything.

Regards,
    Gordon
      0 Not allowed!

Nightflames Guest

Matty just curious about what would be said of a host as slow to respond to an email as you have been on this subject?
      0 Not allowed!

rain Guest

Question

Matty, I would like to help you with this site in any possible way. I had thoughts about starting a site just like yours, but then I found this one. And I would not like to compete with you. My goal is to terminate all bad hosting-services, get them off the market. And im not talking about a few days delayed support or something like that, Im talking about hosting companies with serious troubles(like matrixcubed for example).
    I want to help people, so they don't make the same mistake as I did(choose the wrong webhost).

So, is there any way I can help you with this site? please drop a mail to rain@myself.com

Regards
    Henrik Petersson
      0 Not allowed!

Duster Guest

to web independent (and others)

You are wrong, pure and simple. The negative comments made do help the public. They can help others avoid hosts where the service and attitude are poor, like my experiences with AIT and Media 3.

You can read all the glowing comments you like on other "rating" sites, most of which are nothing more than paid advertising and truly mislead the public.

I too had thought of starting a similar site to spare others from making similar mistakes, until I was told about this one. The fact that I read some less than flattering remarks about one of the sponsor sites is a testament to the fact that this is not another misleading site, but one where the truth can be found, at least from a certain perspective. You sure won't find it on most of those other sites.

Any reasonably intelligent person already knows that any company can have dissatisfied customers and will take those comments advisedly. However, when there is a large number of dissatisfied customers, or the offense has been especially egregious, hearing about it can spare others from making a costly mistake. I wish I had known the truth earlier and avoided the hosts I chose. Thanks to this site and the comments on it, I stand a better chance of making my next change the last one I have to make.
      0 Not allowed!

heymatty Guest

Exclamation

Clean up the slander or someone will take you to court.
      0 Not allowed!

guest Guest

<sigh> Please learn the difference between "slander" and "libel" before you start even hinting about court action. Oh -- and it's neither if it's true.
      0 Not allowed!

heymatty Guest

It wasn't a hint to anything but the following:

HostInvestigator is a breeding ground for unfounded slander towards Web Hosts. And Web Hosts only defense to this is legal action.
      0 Not allowed!

rain Guest

And what's the webmasters defence agains bad hostingcompanies?
      0 Not allowed!

heymatty Guest

Easy, change hosts.

This isn't rocket science.
      0 Not allowed!