Building my own server....

Sup guys....

After looking at some of the prices around, I figured it'd be cheaper if I bought all the parts and built my own server....

I was wondering what your guys opinions on it are.....

ONE, which is better, Dual operton 246 vs Dual Xeon 2.66 dual core ( Dempsey )

Ram.... is there a BIG difference between 2 gig ddr266 2100 and 2 gigs FB-DRR 5200 as far as APACHE is concerned? I am not using this for gaming, and I would think FAST ram is good for GAMING but for apache, i think normal slow ram would work just fine, it's the SIZE / AMOUNT of ram, since apache holds it for a while...

last, I think I'd like to see if anyone can share some good sources to buy computer parts as cheap as possible..... so I can save a penny here and a penny there...

I usually shop at tigerdirect.com and newegg.com , newegg has some good stuff but not everything in order to build 1-2U servers... I think they will need to be 2U because of the fan's on the cpu's, instead of paying more for heat sinks since the cpu's sometimes come with a fan.

Thanks in advance~

Mod : Please move this topic.
    Wrong section.
    Malaysia Dedicated Server, Co-location Server & Web Hosting
    http://www.mercumaya.net

yes, please do move this into the Technical & Security Issues section moderators, i sincerely appologize for placing in the wrong section, i didnt' realize i was in the tutorials section!~