Smile My experience with datastreamusa.com

datastreamusa.com is a very big business and as such, i was going into it as so. Meaning that i was prepared to wait for a long time for answers and emails... but to my surprise, thay offer a live support for sales and tech.

I set up my new domain with them; wildman.inc which came with it the New.net registered names... Not only was this my first time dealing with New.net names, but also was the first for the hosting company.

3 days later and no wildman.inc web site loading... I contacted my register first (registerfly.com) and talked with them on this issue. They confirmed that it was not a fault on there end and that I should contact my host company to resolve the DNS issue..

A few minutes later I get on the LIVE help at datastreamusa and talk with Dan. Dan helps me a good 30 minutes on this problem and then hands it over to his sys admin.

Greg (the admin) stayed in touch with me on MSN Messenger for over 2 hours helping me out with the DNS problem. Even to the point where he used the Remote Assistance to control my PC and make changes himself. But after those 2 hours, the problem could not be resolved and he contacted Comcast (my high-speed provider) and talk with them on the issue while I waited on MSN. He could connect to my site just fine as could his friend in Hawaii. After a few minutes of talking with them he came back and told me that the problem was caused by Comcast not updating there DNS records and that it takes them up to 7 days to do so (crazy, yes i know). So i will write up something tomorrow afternoon on this matter and see if this resolves my domain issue.

Datastreamusa has been wonderful throughout this very long process and i do recommend them to anyone who is searching for a good windows 2003 host server.

Thank you for your time,
    David

What site do you have hosted with them? We can tell you if it works or not

the problem here was that his ISP was not updating the dns not about the webhosting so it should work with No COmcast ISP users

I said it in my post.... wildman.inc

David

I guess what I really wanted to say was, you could have asked here to see if the domain was propagating on other ISPs.

Didn't even notice the domain, sorry about that. The .inc threw me off

Well go for it, see if it works for u all.. post your results.

Thanks in advance,
    David

Heres for all who are lazy who want to test it:
    www.wildman.inc
    Last edited by Stealthrt; 08-30-2004 at 08:12 PM.

David,

Did you install the plug-in that New.net requires in order to see their domains if your ISP isn't one of their partners?
    My ISP isn't (SBC) on the list and I can not get to your site.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Yes trau, i did.. still nothing.

Thanks..

Everyone, please test!

David

No i am not able to view your site at all from Australia. Nor ping or traceroute.

David,

I added a new zone to my dns server at home for ns0.newdotnet.net and that server can get to your page. A blank page that says wildman.inc. So it seems to be there. I can't test using the plug in as I have never used plug-ins for "funky domains" nor will I ever install it if I can avoid it.

Good luck with your site!
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Talking

Thank u all for your help!

David

Sounds like you got some wonderful support there Stealthrt, which is great. I thank you for the detailed review. Still, I wouldn't use a host advertising unlimited bandwidth/space, nor would many of the people on this board, because unlimited bandwidth/hard disks do not exist. Thank you and good luck!

I was a past-customer of Datastream-usa aka Hostvox, infact twice, you can read my past posts in WHT.

Looks like you had a good start, hope it continues. Why don't you come back with a review in 6months and when you have used substantial webspace.

And your website is inaccessible from where I live, Singapore. :-)

Can't reach wildman.inc either, from our Boston office.
    www.earthstarhosting.com
    "Hosting you can count on!"
    cPanel Hosting at its Finest

Thanks again everyone... i guess thats what i get for getting a new.net name for the first time.

Yes, i too do not like the word "unlimited" but they gave me to start 1.5 gigs of space and told me "if you DO need more than that, contact use and we will be happy to give it to u"

So i guess you can and cant call that unlimited... its just how u go about looking at it.

Hellind2: Im sorry to hear of your bad expereance of Datastreamusa. And yes, it is Hostvox. I do plan on coming back here at least 2 more times.... 1 when i get my domain up and running and solve this crazy .inc problem and second, to follow up after a few months of use.

If you all would keep testing till tomorrow some time and give me feedback, that would be great as it would give me a good list to send to my register to show them i am having some problems.

Thanks again to those who helped out,
    David

I checked from work (3 different ISP's) none resolved your wildman.inc address, also checked while at our datacenter, no joy. None of the attempts used the plug in from new.net though.

I think its safe to say the majority of surfers will not be able to reach your site unless they opt to use the plugin to reach .inc domains.

Hello all,
    I seem to have some... well good news i guess you could call it. Greg (the admin) from DataStreamsUSA spoke with the guys at rigisterfly (where i registered wildman.inc) and this is what they had to say:
    Hello, Welcome to 24/7 Registerfly.com Customer Support Service. Please wait for a site operator to respond. Your call will be answered in the order that it was received.
    You are now chatting with 'Client Care Representative'
    Client Care Representative: Welcome to Registerfly.com's chat service, there is a live person responding to your service inquiries. Please wait till we route you to the next available service person. Depending on the volume this can take several minutes.
    Client Care Representative: Hello, Welcome to Registerfly LIVE CHAT, This is Client Support Representative Sam, How may I Help you?
    DataStreamUSA: Hello , I was wondering if you could help me out with a domain problem.
    DataStreamUSA: I am the admin from datastreamusa.com and I have a new customer from registerfly.com who registered a domain name called wildman.inc
    Client Care Representative: Sure, please state the query.
    DataStreamUSA: for the life of me we cant get the wildman.inc to work.....
    DataStreamUSA: I know the inc's are new, so my question is this, do they only work on some hosts?
    Client Care Representative: Actually, the new.net domains are having some trouble, so they are not accepting the DNS, or any such entries.
    DataStreamUSA: is there a work around?
    Client Care Representative: You need to get a ticket generated with the domain name and the issue details and we will forward the same to the admin.
    DataStreamUSA: where do I have my customer fill out the ticket?
    DataStreamUSA: or Do i have to fill it out?
    Client Care Representative: Please follow this link to generate a support ticket. - http://www.registerfly.com/help/index.php
    Client Care Representative: You have to fill it out.
    Client Care Representative: From the link I just gave you.
    DataStreamUSA: ok, I will do that...., last question, do you offer DNS support for the registered domain name, so the customer can just point to our web/mail server?
    Client Care Representative: Yes, that is possible, the DNS must be registerfly default DNS, and the email forwarding/mx can be managed.
    Client Care Representative: We will do that for you, when you need.
    DataStreamUSA: does the .inc's work on your servers error free?
    Client Care Representative: Yes, they do, once the settings are up through our admin, it works error free.
    DataStreamUSA: I will check with my customer to find out what they want to do, thank you for your time on this matter..
    Client Care Representative: You are welcome.
    Client Care Representative: Thanks for visiting. Please do not hesitate to contact us at anytime. We are here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
    Client Care Representative: Have a Great Day Ahead...Good Bye.
    So now it seems to just be there DNS over at registerfly....
    Response:
    Hello Greg

DNS settings for this domain wildman.inc were incorrect. I have updated currect DNS settings for your domain. Please allow the settings 24 to 48 hours to be updated.

So please have patience tills the process gets over and if in case you face any problem then get back to us.

Thank You.

Jennifer Risteff
    1st Level Support
    We will see soon if it works.

Thanks again for all who helped out,
    David

Please read my post all about this crap about my web site troubles.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=320528

David

Ok, an update as promised to all about DataStreamsUSA.

As of 9/15/04 the service has been nothing but wonderful. Greg (the admin guy) has helped me out numerous times with problems with my domain name as well as with RegisterFly.

My domain is finally up and running now (www.wildmaninc.com) and speeds are great!

To those who like ASP.net hosting that’s fast and tech support that will help you in any way possible then DataStreamsUSA is a great company to consider as your host.

Trust me, I wouldn’t sit here typing all of this if I didn’t really appreciate all the hard work this company has done to get my domain name up and running ASAP.

A++ to them and if you talk to them, you will see how great they really can be.

I will always stand by a company who shows me that they will fight hard enough to provide you with unparallel support and DataStreamsUSA has done that for me. They put in 100% and therefore I have put in my 101% for them as a token of my appreciation for helping me out.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post in this forum and I will get an answer for you.

David
    Last edited by Stealthrt; 09-15-2004 at 10:58 AM.

Isn't DataStreamUSA baned from WHT?
    ColoInSeattle - From 1U to cage space colocation in Seattle
    ServerStadium - Affordable Dedicated Servers
    Come visit our 18k sq ft. facility in Seattle!
    Managed Private Cloud | Colocation | Disaster Recovery | Dedicated Servers

Yes TheNetWay, he is banned.. This is what he said regarding your post:
    I will have access back in 15 days, I just didn’t agree with one of their mobs.
    His screen name on WHT is Wizzard005.

David

Oh ok, Thanks
    ColoInSeattle - From 1U to cage space colocation in Seattle
    ServerStadium - Affordable Dedicated Servers
    Come visit our 18k sq ft. facility in Seattle!
    Managed Private Cloud | Colocation | Disaster Recovery | Dedicated Servers

Originally posted by Stealthrt
    Yes TheNetWay, he is banned.. This is what he said regarding your post:

His screen name on WHT is Wizzard005.

David
    Stealthrt,

Thank you for all of those kind words! To everyone else, i was banded due to my conduct, witch I have peiced it back to gether with the mods here.

DataStreamUSA.com has gone though some very hard times over the last 2 years, from server hacking to a business partner stealing 1/2 of our custom base!

Its people like Stealthrt take make this job fun, and i am glad to see his website working now after all of this mess.

Anyways, I just wanted to say thank you, and for the rest of you, dont PM me as I cant reply to you

As always, have fun and be safe all!

Thank You,

<<Signature to be setup in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 09-21-2004 at 08:13 PM.

WOW! Let me dust off this forum and give everyone a year (almost) update on DataStream’s.

Well, I must say that I have been very pleased with them. They have been very polite and courteous to me when I get on the live support and ask stupid questions about something I’ve done on my website.

They seem to be always happy? They must really love there jobs because i have NEVER talked with a support guy (or girl) that seemed to be having a bad day. And trust me; I’ve talked with them a whole lot within this year so I should know!

On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the best, 1 being the worst I would give DataStream’s a 9.5. Why a 9.5 and not a 10? Well, it may just be my taste but some points in the service just seemed slow, but I was told by tech support that they had a DOS attack when those times happened so I can understand that.

If you do need a windows 2003 server host, DataStream’s is by far the best I have seen for the money. Tell’em I sent ya

David

Stealthrt,

Thank you for the great review. I am glad everything has worked out from start to now....

I hope you stay with us for many years to come....