UPS and fedex what if i refuse to take a package?

I placed a online order from a place that sucks to say the least and there phone support sucks to.

My order has not moved and i had paid for overnight shipping come to find out that other people have been haveing the same trouble. There site says you can't cancel a order once it's got to a certain point when i called them to cancel it they didn't know if they could or not because they don't know if the item has shipped ot not!! If they don't know then who does? The guy said on Monday he should know.

They charge a restocking fee of %15 if i send the stuff back what if i don't accept the package when Fedex brings it? I thought about doing that and doing a charge back on my CC and order the same stuff from another company so i can get it this week.

What would you guys do? I wanted the parts before this weekend so i can put a new PC togeather.

Did they ever said they have an estimate of how long it would take to ship it? If there's a date range like within 24 hours and it take a week to ship you could probably do a chargeback.
    Sarcasm, the 6th Ponyman of the Apocalypse.
    Please do not inquire about Tim, the 5th Ponyman.

They can actually stop the shipment via the carrier if you call them and tell them you are going to refuse it.

And yes, file with your CC immediately to get the paperwork rollling.

They say Processing time is at least 1-2 business days. One of the things i orderd was not in stock even though it said it was on there site it came in on the day i placed the order)so they say) is what held up my order but the fact that they don't know or not if it has shipped is strange.

I have bought from them for years and never had any trouble things got shipped right away but they seem to be going down hill and other people are reporting bad things with them lately on ratings sites.

Quote Originally Posted by strafeRight
    They can actually stop the shipment via the carrier if you call them and tell them you are going to refuse it.

And yes, file with your CC immediately to get the paperwork rollling.
    Are you sure? They will end up charging me a re-stocking fee probably.

I wouldn't accept the package, they can't charge you a restocking fee if you didn't get it in the first place.

Then if they decide they do, go for a chargeback (last resort).

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

I don't know what to do. I know Monday when i call them for the 5th time they will say the same thing "we don't know if it's been shipped or not"

They said they can cancel it if i wanted to, i said yes cancel it but they said they didn't know if they can.

For me that is anough reason to go place the order somewhere where they will know if it has been shipped or not.

Speak to a supervisor/manager and request they waive the restocking fee because they failed to ship in the time stated on their website.

Any reputable company will comply with your request.

Don't you have distance selling regulations in the US? Under UK law you can return the package within 7 days so long as it is untouched, and pay nothing.

If you refuse the package it will get returned to the sender.

Dan
    █ Dan Kitchen | Technical Director | Razorblue
    █ ddi: (+44) (0)1748 900 680 | e: dkitchen@razorblue.com
    █ UK Intensive Managed Hosting, Clusters and Colocation.
    █ HP Servers, Cisco/Juniper Powered BGP Network (AS15692).

If they can't help you, refuse it and chargeback.

Sometimes I have been asked to refuse a delivery by Ebuyer.com (dupe items sent, wrong items etc), should be no probs.

Quote Originally Posted by 4daggers
    Speak to a supervisor/manager and request they waive the restocking fee because they failed to ship in the time stated on their website.

Any reputable company will comply with your request.
    I'll give them one last chance tomorrow and if they still can't tell me if it has shipped or not i'll order it somewhere else.

I just don't get how they can not know if it has shipped or not they pull the order, pack it and ship it so they have to know!

I should just say forget them and order it from another store it's not worth the headache.

If it's a UPS shipped parcel they will know exactly where it is by having a quick look on QuantumView.
    █ Dan Kitchen | Technical Director | Razorblue
    █ ddi: (+44) (0)1748 900 680 | e: dkitchen@razorblue.com
    █ UK Intensive Managed Hosting, Clusters and Colocation.
    █ HP Servers, Cisco/Juniper Powered BGP Network (AS15692).

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBlue - Dan
    If it's a UPS shipped parcel they will know exactly where it is by having a quick look on QuantumView.
    I paid for overnight shipping and its shiped by fedex. Going by there website it's hasn't been shipped it's ALL been packed but it has said that for days.