Unhappy modernbill or phpmanager? - 2checkout or hostcharge

Hi every one,

I just wondering which on of these services you recommend over the other and why?

I am currently using 2checkout and I am not very happy neither with the service nor with the fees. Is hostcharge better than 2checkout? Can you charge (not accept) in different currency? (you can not do that in 2checkout) any recommendations on that?

I am also using phpmanager and I am not very happy with that either! Is modernbill comparable to phpmanager and what is good or bad about it?

Thank you

I'm using hostcharge and I would recommend them. Setup is fast, multi currency is supported (yes you can charge, they even display it on the order pages).
    I can't comment on modernbill or phpmanager because I use neither.
    Web-cp: an open source control panel: http://www.web-cp.net

The developer(s) of modernbill seem like they're integrating useful features in future versions. I don't know if I can say the same about phpmanager.

On the other hand, I can't really afford modernbill, so phpmanager it is.

And modernbill is buggy, you cant setup plans for a onetime purchases and i find its too restrictive. Easiest way to do all this is just to setup a nice secure form and send the damn thing to your gateway useing a submit button or a php script. Simple!

i'd say modernbill and hostcharge, both have hacks/updates coming out and are very easy to use and have enough features to get your company off the ground

We use our own "billing system". It just a form that inserts everything into a MySQL DB.
    I'm planning on buying a billing system that somebody is making specially for hostcharge and web://cp.
    Web-cp: an open source control panel: http://www.web-cp.net

Arrow

At the moment I don't believe ModernBill can be used with either 2Checkout or HostCharge, so...

Originally posted by oZz
    [B]And modernbill is buggy, you cant setup plans for a onetime purchases and i find its too restrictive.
    You can set ModernBill to do one-time purchases.
    At the moment I don't believe ModernBill can be used with either 2Checkout or HostCharge, so...
    I believe MB supports 2checkout.

Brian

You can set up MB to accept orders for manual processing -- I know that. And then manually enter them into HostCharge....

HostCharge is definitly better than 2checkout. However I keep a 2checkout account online for echecks if needed. It doesn't cost anything to keep your 2checkout account anyways

phpManager - so far I've been very happy with it. However locutus's recent aspirations to develop a new piece of software that will probably compete more with modernbill (in price range) worry me about his dedication to continuing the development of phpManager. I fear that after this next upgrade that he is working on he will shy away from phpManager.

ModernBill - looks nice, never used it, don't think that it is really worth the price unless you do a lot of business. Also I don't like the fact that it has no apparent way to integrate your own merchant/processor, you have to either wait for them or pay big bucks extra for the source code and do it yourself.
    Jordan Bouvier

We have already posted in a different thread, but wanted to make sure everyone views this.

Well, we have lots of great comments here about ModernBill. We will continue to support our dedicated clients and development will never stop with ModernBill. We are focusing on some additional features that will allow for a more modular approach to integration with merchants, provisioning software, and domain registration.

Thank you for your support,

Please contact us if you have any additional question:
    www.modernbill.com/contact.php

ModernBill .:. Support Team

Originally posted by Brian S
    I believe MB supports 2checkout.
    I believe they don't...

> Do you currently Accept 2checkout or www.bluepay.com to intergrate payements?

These modules are not currently supported, but are on our To-Do list.

Hi,

yes, we are working on a "high-end" client management solution, but this does not mean that we will stop development for phpManager. We still have lots of new features planned for it that will ensure that the scripts stay at the top of our intended market.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again, you can't really compare phpManager with Modernbill. Both scripts are aimed at the opposite end of the market from each other (hence the price difference of a couple hundred dollars). WHNBilling is a more suitable comparison for Modernbill. If you want more financially featured software, go for one of these.

phpManager is aimed at the startup company, mainly resellers who can't afford more expensive solutions, yet want an all in one solution that will handle all the basics (with a few extras added in I might add ).

All I can say is, give our demo or free trial a try. If it's not for you, then go for Modernbill or another more advanced solution.

Regards,

Locutus

Originally posted by Synthetic
    I believe they don't...
    I believe you are correct.

Thanks,

Brian

I have been using phpManager verison1.0 for quite some time to manage my web hosting business and very pleased with it.

Although I recently downloaded the updated version 1.1.1 with better features, I still like version 1.0 and will continue to use it.

In my opinion, it's value for money and I would highly recommend using it if you are running a web hosting business.

The support is excellent, I emailed locutus many times regarding my account pertaining to adding me to their database list and downloading the lastest updates via my control panel in members area and he was very kind in guiding me all the way to the end although my free support/updates will be expiring in 3 months and never at any time ignored my email request for assistance.

Thank you locutus for being so helpful and sorting out the problems that I unknowingly created. Thanks again

Regards
    Last edited by cactus; 08-13-2002 at 11:06 PM.
    WHO AM I? CLICK HERE!

I agree Locutus is very good with support and he provides several ways to contact him. It is a very nice program as it is and for the money I would definitely reccomend it.
    Jordan Bouvier