Page 61 of 106 FirstFirst ... 11515859606162636471 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 2642
    Is there away to move accounts from one IP to another via ssh? The primary IP is working but the secondary one which client sites are assigned to is not responding!

Cheers
      0 Not allowed!

I've personally reached the end of my physical and emotitional tether. With customer attrition etc I'm not sure we could delivery the level of service that we do aim to deliver. We have worked pertty much continsouly for the last few days firefighting. Taking I'm also debating if I'm responsible for someones death I'm not in a good place currently. As such I was left with two fairly stark choices

1) Run away and hide and just say to everyone "good bye"

2) Do what is best for the customer "base" as it stands and get some big boys in behind to help get things back up and running and give people a chance.

For Us based stuff there is no reason to expect it to move and UK stuff definitly won't be moving as its already with BSQ

rus
      0 Not allowed!

Xens are to be investigated still.

About BSQ stepping in - this can bring only improvements to our infrastructure and support, for the moment. Knowing Rus (both professionally and personally) he would not make approach under any circumstances to hurt his customers. The pricing will stay the same as announced, and we are working hard on bringing up a new, secured platform, BSQ is enrolling for us.

We are working hard on bringing amount of tickets down and servers are still being investigated, invested, investigated, as you can see on our status page.

Appreciate most of our customers still showing understanding under current stressed hard times for us. I'll be commenting other areas and aspects discussed in this thread later on when things are calm.

Thank you folks.
      0 Not allowed!

You can try asking them to give you your IP back otherwise you'll have to change the IP manually in their config.
      0 Not allowed!

Guys I know this is a silly thing. I should have enabled logs in our ssh sessions. But I am now in a situation that I can't access my VPS and worst of all I don't know the server name. I only know the IP address.

Yesterday at Today at 00:30 I was able to access my VPS, but somehow they shut it down now and I am wondering if we are safe, in partial data loss or in total data loss. I hope my VPS is safe because as I said I didn't have any problems until today.

Anyways, with almost every control panel down, to you know if there is any way to know in which VAServ node a concrete IP is located?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by akbsol View Post
    I have used a Xen based VPS w/o HyperVM for 2.5 yrs without a single issue whatsoever. I will always prefer it over OpenVz-HyperVM combo.

-Regards,
    Akash
    Ah, sorry, was meaning the ones hosted with vaserv. I've a uk based Xen vps with them which, touch wood, still seems to be running fine.

Although ye, I completely agree, I'm content to use Xen without a CP, it was only after upgrading that I was given HyperVM.
      0 Not allowed!

Anybody else on vz36uk here?

Last status message regarding that server was approx 3pm yesterday saying it was one of the servers still being worked on. No progress on it all night...

Rus told me 6am today they were aiming to restore it "within the hour". Since then nothing.... Asked again at 9am for progress - nothing....

Just some communication would be nice! Rus if you are reading - ticket number ALV-758893

Just give us some sort of idea when it will be looked at - then at least we know where we are (sort of!).
      0 Not allowed!

I would really like to beable to start rebuilding everything i have lost. For any FSCK stuff reading this please answer my support ticket DTT-131113
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jaybee View Post
    Anybody else on vz36uk here?
    Seems I'm on vz36uk, and I'm waiting too, nothing else to do. Just cross the fingers and hope Rus and the team continue to do the best...
      0 Not allowed!

Will this mean we will be moved to poundhost.com ?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by a2b2 View Post
    For Us based stuff there is no reason to expect it to move and UK stuff definitly won't be moving as its already with BSQ

rus
    does it mean all US based VPS data are gone?
      0 Not allowed!

Personally, I think this situation has been handled fantastically well by the support team, and I intend to stay with them. There are a lot of whining people on here moaning about downtime / not replying to tickets etc - everyone is in the same position, and they have a LOT of work on at the moment, they will let you know status updates when they get them, just be patient! If you have critical websites you need to get online then presumably you have backup hosting you can switch to temporarily while this gets sorted out.

Keep up the good work!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by LaptopFreak View Post
    You mean where are their US operations? If I'm not wrong, they are Colo4Dallas, PacificRack and AtlantaNAP. However, they are renting servers from TailorMadeServers in Colo4Dallas and WireSix in AtlantaNAP if I remember correctly.
    I actually meant what was going to happen to those of us hosted in the US but it's good to know where our nodes are actually hosted at Thanks.

Still no news of the WebNX nodes though
      0 Not allowed!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by a2b2 View Post
    I've personally reached the end of my physical and emotitional tether. With customer attrition etc I'm not sure we could delivery the level of service that we do aim to deliver. We have worked pertty much continsouly for the last few days firefighting. Taking I'm also debating if I'm responsible for someones death I'm not in a good place currently. As such I was left with two fairly stark choices

1) Run away and hide and just say to everyone "good bye"

2) Do what is best for the customer "base" as it stands and get some big boys in behind to help get things back up and running and give people a chance.

rus
    You have my full support and even if I am the last customer you have standing, I will be there! You are not responsible for anybody's death. I would recommend you do a bit of both of your options...

You are exhausted so need a break. Book a holiday to the lake district or yorkshire dales for a few days and recharge your batteries. You will be in a better place.

If I am your last customer, I am more than happy to wait while you guys recover. You're doing a brilliant job.
      0 Not allowed!

Rus, will you be staying on at BlueSquare? I honestly hope that you do. Whenever I've had a problem with my VPS and submitted a ticket, either youself or one of your team have always replied in great time and solving my problem.

I really hope that the whole team from Vaserv stay on through these hard times because it's a team like this that makes a good company a brilliant company.
      0 Not allowed!

How come the only fsckvps email was right at the very beginning stating the downtime?
    Are we being left out??
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldanuk View Post

You are exhausted so need a break. Book a holiday to the lake district or yorkshire dales for a few days and recharge your batteries. You will be in a better place.

In a cruel twist of fate I am on holiday currently
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldanuk View Post
    Ironically enough.. Rus was ON vacation when this all began 2 days ago.
      0 Not allowed!

I hope you will be able to find some rest soon, Rus. Please don't feel responsible for Ligish's death: he's had issues for a long time (read his blog) and was in a continuous struggle (as it appears). I understand your feelings, but it's not your fault.

Take care and again, hopefully you'll have time to rest soon.
      0 Not allowed!

Rus,

I know your up to your neck if possible can you look at FVU-667971.

As this according to your status page was restored 24 hours ago it is still not up.

A real status update would be nice.
      0 Not allowed!

Thumbs up

I'll add my voice to those who have no intention to leave VAServ because of this. Yes, the downtime sucks. Yes, if I have to rebuild/restore my VPSs that sucks. No, nobody could have predicted this.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jono123 View Post
    Rus, will you be staying on at BlueSquare? I honestly hope that you do. Whenever I've had a problem with my VPS and submitted a ticket, either youself or one of your team have always replied in great time and solving my problem.

I really hope that the whole team from Vaserv stay on through these hard times because it's a team like this that makes a good company a brilliant company.
    Here here - I have had experience of some stinking companies who couldn't give a monkeys about customers... It is clear that you guys do and that is why you will come out of this like a pheonix: stronger and more robust, with the big guys on board, you will certainly be getting my full support and continued recommendation and who knows you could emerge a market leader with a core group of customers who pass on the word of your services.

I say all this as a customer who has had their server face data loss... so even despite this I still support you.. there is just something about the way you go abotu things that makes you a good company.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    I actually meant what was going to happen to those of us hosted in the US but it's good to know where our nodes are actually hosted at Thanks.

Still no news of the WebNX nodes though
    i still waiting for that node too, sigh..

i don't understand why that one is so being unprioritized compared to texas / UK / fsckvps one
      0 Not allowed!

Can someone have a look into Media30 tickets... you have a DNS issue on some of the nameservers, I have had a ticket waiting for a few hours because the WHMCS isnt allowing me to change nameservers on a domain name for some bizarre reason.
      0 Not allowed!

Yeah, I don't think Ligish's passing was your fault Rus. It just seemed more like he didn't have such a pleasant childhood.

My condolonces to you and your staff on this incident. I really enjoyed the quality of service a2b2/Vaserv had over the years.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 61 of 106 FirstFirst ... 11515859606162636471 ... LastLast