ServInt and SPEWS

From spews record S2733 (dumb forum won't let me post the url)

1, 216.22.0.0 - 216.22.47.255, ServInt
    1, 216.22.0.0 - 216.22.63.255, ServInt

An entire /18 blocked. Ouch.

Given the large number of glowing reports here on ServInt (or rather, the lack of blocked email complaints), One of the following must be true.

1) People are nice enough not to post complaints here
    2) SPEWS isn't that effective anymore.

I am considering getting a VPS from them, but not if I'm going to have email problems. Is there any ServInt VPS customers here currently having problems with spam blocking?

Search around the forum, you will find several problems regarding SPEWS & ServInt

Ouch, that's nasty.

It has been discussed before, but many blacklists use a pretty broad brush to mark problem IPs. Longer term users are better off not using blacklists. And relying more on content filtering to weed out spam (its probably more accurate).
    RimuHosting.com - VPS Hosting and Dedicated Server Hosting since 2003
    Pingability.com - Peace of Mind Web Site Monitoring

I do have an Essential VPS package from ServInt and i haven't had any problems so far sending emails.... (my personal domain and emails are based there)
    also everything has been running smoothly since i got the VPS some months ago!
    In just two days, tomorrow will be yesterday.

You might have problem sending mail to yahoo / hotmail.

I am also in that block of IP's and have only had 1 mail message not go through since September. Other than a small problem over one weekend I am very happy with my VPS at Servint.

Also, I have never had a problem sending to Yahoo or Hotmail.

SPEWS can be a real pain, I know from when Burst was listed at level 1 in SPEWS a while ago. I send out a lot of email, I did have problems. Level 2 blocks rarely give issues though.

- Matt

care to explain the differences? Thanks
    In just two days, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Q21: Why does SPEWS have two levels of listings? What is Level 1?

A21: SPEWS publishes two lists. The majority of the Level 1 list is made up of netblocks owned by the spammers or spam support operations themselves, with few or no other legitimate customers detected. We don't even try and educate these types as any past attempts at education have failed. If a known spammer buys a new netblock but hasn't started spamming from it yet, it is still eligible to be listed here. If used, this list should have close to zero inadvertent blocking.

Q22: What is Level 2?

A22: This includes all of Level 1, plus anyone who is spam-friendly, supporting spammers, or highly suspicious, but not blatant enough to be included in the Level 1 list yet. If it becomes obvious that someone at Level 2 has become a real problem, they will be escalated to Level 1 after some attempt at education. The Level 2 list will have some inadvertent blocking (non-spammer IP addresses listed), but can still be used by small ISPs or individuals who want a stricter level of blocking/filtering. By having a two tiered list, you can make the hardcore spamfighters happy; those who want to block first and ask questions later. Also, a listing in the Level 2 list may exert a bit of pressure on spam friendly sites and may keep them from turning totally bad - but that is not really the point, stopping spam is. (note: a Level value of "0" means that area is not listed)
    http://www.spews.org/faq.html

Very few people block on Level 2, it's usually a "watch" list. Level 1 means blocked though.

- Matt