Question Question about Multiple Reseller Packages

Hello,

I'm starting to be a reseller.

I have bought 3 plans:

1- a shared hosting package which my MAIN WEBSITE will be hosted there, with domain name MYHOSTING.COM (for example)

2- A linux reseller package with a static IP and 2 IPs for my custom nameservers

3- A windows reseller package with a static IP and 2 IPs for my custom nameservers

I'd like to point all the domains to NS1(2).MYHOSTING.com

What should I exactly do?
    (I should mention that the MYHOSTING.com is a main domain of my shared hosting (i.e. my MAIN site)

Quote Originally Posted by sina_m View Post
    Hello,

I have bought 3 plans:

1- a shared hosting package which my MAIN WEBSITE will be hosted there, with domain name MYHOSTING.COM (for example)

2- A linux reseller package with a static IP and 2 IPs for my custom nameservers

3- A windows reseller package with a static IP and 2 IPs for my custom nameservers

(I should mention that the MYHOSTING.com is a main domain of my shared hosting (i.e. my MAIN site)
    Hello,
    It is very hard to DNS setup clustering on the reseller level and I am pretty sure it is not possible across multiple platforms without a complex DNS panel
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat

Hello,

I have bought 3 plans:

Because you have 2 separate reseller packages, you will need to create at least 2 name server pairs. You will also need a third set if you would like to use private NS record values for your primary domain.

To keep NS records logical you might want to use an alternate naming convention, such as lin1, lin2 and win1, win2, etc.
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts

Thanks for your quick replies

Quote Originally Posted by DWS2006 View Post
    Because you have 2 separate reseller packages, you will need to create at least 2 name server pairs. You will also need a third set if you would like to use private NS record values for your primary domain.

To keep NS records logical you might want to use an alternate naming convention, such as lin1, lin2 and win1, win2, etc.
    I prefer to use NS1(2).MYHOSTING.com for my linux and NS3(4).MYHOSTING.COM for my windows. but my problem is that How can I setup this configuration?

I'm kinda starter

Thanks for your quick replies

I prefer to use NS1(2).MYHOSTING.com for my linux and NS3(4).MYHOSTING.COM for my windows. but my problem is that How can I setup this configuration?

I'm kinda starter
    I apologize, I misunderstood you completely before and had assumed you wanted all the accounts using the same NS values.

What control panels are you using to provide hosting services?

cPanel for my Shared hosting (Main site, Main Domain)
    WHM for Linux reseller
    WebsitePanel for Windows reseller

cPanel for my Shared hosting (Main site, Main Domain)
    WHM for Linux reseller
    WebsitePanel for Windows reseller
    Since you're using standard panels, there should be tutorials view-able at http://demodemo.com or http://demowolf.com that will walk you through this process. You can freely view their samples.

Thanks for your advices

Actually, I was looking for some quick and free tips.

If you don't know what to do, then maybe you shouldn't try to be a reseller host.
    Therefore my advice on "what to do next" is to ask for a refund and spend your time doing something else.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    If you don't know what to do, then maybe you shouldn't try to be a reseller host.
    Therefore my advice on "what to do next" is to ask for a refund and spend your time doing something else.
    O.K

Actually, I've configured it now but I'm afraid that I've set it right or not.

I've created 2 "A-record" in cPanel of my shared hosting (my MAIN website : MYDOMAIN.COM) as :
    ns1.Mydomain.com --> 1st IP (LINUX)
    ns2.Mydomain.com --> 2nd IP (LINUX)

which are pointed to IPs of nameservers of linux reseller package. also, I've created 2 more "A-record" in cPanel of my shared hosting (my MAIN website) as :
    ns3.Mydomain.com --> 1st IP (WIN)
    ns4.Mydomain.com --> 2nd IP (WIN)

which are pointed to IPs of nameservers of windows reseller package.

It seems that works properly, but I wish you could confirm this solution! Do I set them correctly?

That looks perfect, just be sure that those NS values are stored as dns zone defaults on the reseller accounts as needed. These would need to be created at your registrar as well, although you've probably already completed that.