Thread: Host: Pavenet

Thumbs down Host: Pavenet

I am new to this forum, but I just wanted to share my experience with Pavenet. I had originally sent them an email asking if they supported Front Page extensions. I recieved two responses.

"No and the IWA (International Webmasters Association) is advising its members not to support Frontpage for a number of really good reasons. Out of hundreds of WYSIWYGs (html editors) out there, Frontpage is the only one that requires the server hosting the site to have "Extentions", could it be that this is Microsofts never ending endeavor to own the internet? Find another program already huh? Jeeeeeze.
    Good Luck, "

Janine Martin wrote:

Pavenet,I understand that you don't support front page extensions but you certainly have a tactless way of telling someone. Based on your lack of professionalism, I will advise my client to leave Pavenet, whether I do his site in FP or notepad.
    RegardsJanine Kruit

[Janine Martin] -----Original Message-----
    From: Pavenet System Administrator [mailtoysadmin@pavenet.net]
    Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 7:15 PM
    To: Janine Martin
    Subject: Re: front page extensions

Yeah we and the whole industry are pissed off at Microsoft for even inventing the damn thing. Don't like it? Too bad! That was sound advice to you and your "client". I will advise the client to find a real web tech. If you knew what you were doing you wouldn't have asked such a stupid question, everyone knows not to use Microsoft products in site developement. And because you don't like the education coming from a pro doesn't make us unprofessional, grow up!

Now I've seen it all

Well this reminds me of the great debates of kickball field. This is funny, but what do they have a 10 year old snot nosed kid working there
    Brently

Certainly not, "education coming from a pro."

It would have been so much easier for them to say, "I'm sorry, but we do not support Front Page."

Simply no reason to expound on the story in a feeble attempt to belittle you; while removing all doubt about their professionalism and integrity.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Re: Host: Pavenet

Originally posted by jkruit
    "No and the IWA (International Webmasters Association) is advising its members not to support Frontpage for a number of really good reasons. Out of hundreds of WYSIWYGs (html editors) out there, Frontpage is the only one that requires the server hosting the site to have "Extentions", could it be that this is Microsofts never ending endeavor to own the internet? Find another program already huh? Jeeeeeze.
    Good Luck, "
    Funny that the IWA's web site lists Microsoft FrontPage under their list of Site Management software.

http://www.iwanet.org/member/resourc...html#topofpage
    -Mark Adams
    www.bitserve.com - Secure Michigan web hosting for your business.
    Only host still offering a full money back uptime guarantee and prorated refunds.
    Offering advanced server management and security incident response!

I agree with Pavenet

Its microsofts way of getting some control of hosting companies

A static or dynamic state in which all forces or processes are in balance and there is no resultant change.

Originally posted by bahres
    I agree with Pavenet

You can agree with their thinking. But would you agree with the way they talk to their customers?
    The original poster said he had nothing against them not liking Front Page; but rather the way they stated it.

[edit]
    Whoo hooo
    I got here before the spelling police.
    Whew!
    [/edit]
    Last edited by SoftWareRevue; 02-22-2002 at 01:11 AM.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

FrontPage was acquired when Microsoft bought out Vermeer Technologies a long while back. That's why the directories all start with "_vti". To their credit, they have continued to maintain the somewhat dodgy Unix extension versions, rather than just going "Windows only" with them.

Kevin

I agree with Pavenet

The issue here is not whether Frontpage is good or not, the issue is the way this Pavenet employee communicates with his clients.

In one email I saw the word Yeah (yes), I saw damn and I saw pissed (upset)

I saw sarcasm: "client"
    I saw an insult: I will advise the client to find a real webtech
    I saw another insult: everyone knows...
    I saw plain rudeness: Grow up!

In fact the whole email is one big rude insulting piece of art. It made my jaw drop to the ground while reading it.

I'ld strongly suggest to Pavenet to take this guy away from their clients...