Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Worst Server Reseller (Holden Karau pigscanfly.ca)

Hi,

I just wish to let you guys know, i had meet the worst server reseller. I purchased a server from him, he delayed getting my server and given me a AMD XP 1700 1.47GHZ instead of 2.4 ghz. I ignore this and carry on using the server. Before sales, he told me that i could pay him extra money for managed services. I paid him but it always took more than 48 hours before I could locate him.

All i ever asked is not even complicated matters, just like SSL, change of hostnames (which he unreasonably set everything to his own domain hostname) and some small issues regarding whm/cpanel. He only looks into issues after 48 hours and he took 1 week to settle one issue. I have to hire external server admins to settle most of the things.

After a few weeks, I felt cheated, i ask him to return his so call managed services and he did refund.

However this is not the end, i emailed him asking him if i am going to carry on pay him the subscription or i am going to pay nocster myself (which i believe he register everything under his name). How am i going to get additional IPS? Who am I going to support me from today onwards?

I really don't know what to do, i feel i am controlled by this un-trustable guy and my server can be close down anytime he like.

What can I do ? Please help

I think with a business name "Pigs Can Fly" saids it all it self...

www.bizventurer.com is hosted on Hostnoc IP space aka BurstNet. Email support@burst.net for support, it's included with your server...

I'd ask Holden to let you take over payment directly.

Resellering these days is hard - you can get screwed by the customer, or the reseller can screw you.

Thanks, but i was wondering, is there a control panel or support ticket area in BurstNet that i can use to submit request or changes?

Thank You

Originally posted by SpiritAu
    I think with a business name "Pigs Can Fly" saids it all it self...

www.bizventurer.com is hosted on Hostnoc IP space aka BurstNet. Email support@burst.net for support, it's included with your server...

I'd ask Holden to let you take over payment directly.

Resellering these days is hard - you can get screwed by the customer, or the reseller can screw you.

Best thing would be to talk to Nocster and see if they can help. I feel very bad for you and I thank you for sharing as I've seen this guy posting offers. Hopefully you saved some people some headaches

threads merged and cleaned

I also had what I would like to call a "neutral" experience with the fellow. I ordered a server for him to use as a game server to test new builds of VexSecure anti-cheat. I talked with him a bit and he seemed like a decent guy to deal with, I ordered the server, after that was very little communication between him, I sent several emails it took him about 24 hours to respond to each one. I got the server 4 days after I paid, and it was the wrong setup wrong ram, wrong CPU. In the end he straightened things out, however it was a hastle during the process.

Better if you ordered server from reseller, always think to contact the "real man" when you need real support. I had server from nocster from their reseller as well, but I always contact nocster support, and their support quite nice.

Yep definetly agree with u there.. unless you have ordered and paid for extra support.. but even then it is better to go straight to the server provider.. unless you are completely new to managing a server and need something extra burst/nocster support is enough

Originally posted by l0ck_up
    Better if you ordered server from reseller, always think to contact the "real man" when you need real support. I had server from nocster from their reseller as well, but I always contact nocster support, and their support quite nice.
    Thankyou, Lachlan Director Of:
    Hosting2NV - Affordable Hosting you can trust
    ABN (Australian Business #):14 042 709 152
    ACN (Australian Company #): 110 253 024

Re: Worst Server Reseller (Holden Karau pigscanfly.ca)

Originally posted by EricTham
    [B]Hi,

I just wish to let you guys know, i had meet the worst server reseller. I purchased a server from him, he delayed getting my server and given me a AMD XP 1700 1.47GHZ instead of 2.4 ghz. I ignore this and carry on using the server.
    I sincerely apologize for the problem with the server mix up , however the correct server was delivered as soon as it was avaible.

Before sales, he told me that i could pay him extra money for managed services. I paid him but it always took more than 48 hours before I could locate him.
    I dont remember takeing 48 hours to reply to any e-mails , unless they were sent to our support@ e-mail address (which unfortunitly had some problems. We encourage all dedicated customers to e-mail nocster directly for support , however if you chose server management we ask that you please e-mail me personally).
    All i ever asked is not even complicated matters, just like SSL, change of hostnames (which he unreasonably set everything to his own domain hostname) and some small issues regarding whm/cpanel. He only looks into issues after 48 hours and he took 1 week to settle one issue. I have to hire external server admins to settle most of the things.
    For the hostnames , it was set to pcf[something].pigscanfly.ca since we had not yet been provided with the hostname that you wanted it set to . Once it was provided we changed the hostname , however there were some delays moving the name servers (nameservers take some time to be moved).

After a few weeks, I felt cheated, i ask him to return his so call managed services and he did refund.
    Would you rather I not issue you a refund?

However this is not the end, i emailed him asking him if i am going to carry on pay him the subscription or i am going to pay nocster myself (which i believe he register everything under his name). How am i going to get additional IPS? Who am I going to support me from today onwards?
    Greatly sorry about that , I cant seem to find your e-mail regarding that (when did you send it?) . We will send you a bill the next time nocster sends us a bill.As for the additional IPs please e-mail me (holden@pigscanfly.ca) with how many IPs you need.

I really don't know what to do, i feel i am controlled by this un-trustable guy and my server can be close down anytime he like.
    That is the case with any reseller ; we havent "closed down your server" so I'm not completely sure what you are trying to get at.

Re: Re: Worst Server Reseller (Holden Karau pigscanfly.ca)

Originally posted by demonmoo
    I sincerely apologize for the problem with the server mix up , however the correct server was delivered as soon as it was avaible.
    I am still with AMD XP 1700 1.47GHZ, till today you did not even MENTIONED about this change. So don't try to fool anyone.

I dont remember takeing 48 hours to reply to any e-mails , unless they were sent to our support@ e-mail address (which unfortunitly had some problems. We encourage all dedicated customers to e-mail nocster directly for support , however if you chose server management we ask that you please e-mail me personally).
    You encourage? When you are trying to get my sales, you did not even tell me anything about that, all you care is my payment, after payment, what you sent me is just ip and password. Say whatever you want regrading emails reply, all i have to tell people here is you are lieing.

For the hostnames , it was set to pcf[something].pigscanfly.ca since we had not yet been provided with the hostname that you wanted it set to . Once it was provided we changed the hostname , however there were some delays moving the name servers (nameservers take some time to be moved).
    Look, you did not even ask me for the hostname to setup before the purchase of the server. I do understand the nameservers take time to be moved, this is not the issue, don't try to use this to cover the issue, i hired my own server admin to change the hostnames for me, they did it perfectly while i am still sitting here waiting for an email for you to reply.

Would you rather I not issue you a refund?
    Look everyone, this is not the point, if you can't provide such a service, don't even sell it, you wasted my time. Can you refund me time? Refund me time than.

Greatly sorry about that , I cant seem to find your e-mail regarding that (when did you send it?) . We will send you a bill the next time nocster sends us a bill.As for the additional IPs please e-mail me (holden@pigscanfly.ca) with how many IPs you need.
    Guys, this is what resellers tend to say "email lost". So i think i will save my fingers in this.

That is the case with any reseller ; we havent "closed down your server" so I'm not completely sure what you are trying to get at.
    Oh yes ! thank you! you "havent" close down my server.

Look, i don't trust you and you are providing nothing to me, i am asking for advice on how do I get the subscription directly instead of such an irresponsible reseller.

PS: You asked for my root password in msn and you mentioned you will fix the cron problem i am facing, till today nothing has been done, was it msn message lost this time or was it dns problem that makes you do nothing this time?

EricTham, you are entitled to get support or minor server administration directly from nocster via their helpdesk at:
    https://support.burst.net:2382/cgi-bin/pdesk.cgi
    Whenever you have any questions related to your server "Technical" issues, you can always open/submit a ticket there.

Whereby the issue with your current host, I would suggest that you settle whatever issue privately with your current host.

Just my thoughts
    Giam Teck Choon
    :: Join choon.net Community today to share your tips and tricks on server issues please ::
    :: Singapore Dedicated Servers :: Singapore Virtual Private Servers :: Linux/FreeBSD Server Management ::

Nagative,

I had sent a report to nocster regrading this reseller. Still awaiting their reply.

For the issue with the host, my main purpose is to WARN all people about this reseller. In any case the reseller would like to challange my message, i am happy to reply accordingly. I don't see the purpose of settling ourside, if that is a case, the mods should close my treads eailier.

"Is a free speech world"

Thank You
    Eric Tham

I had sent a report to nocster regrading this reseller. Still awaiting their reply.
    I believe you will get replies faster if it is related to technical issue and not related to nocster's reseller though

For the issue with the host, my main purpose is to WARN all people about this reseller. In any case the reseller would like to challange my message, i am happy to reply accordingly. I don't see the purpose of settling ourside, if that is a case, the mods should close my treads eailier.
    This is up to you as long as all parties obey the *Be Polite* rule especially

"Is a free speech world"
    Yes, you can talk anything as you like provided you follow our forum guidelines/rules
    Giam Teck Choon
    :: Join choon.net Community today to share your tips and tricks on server issues please ::
    :: Singapore Dedicated Servers :: Singapore Virtual Private Servers :: Linux/FreeBSD Server Management ::

Re: Re: Re: Worst Server Reseller (Holden Karau pigscanfly.ca)

[B]I am still with AMD XP 1700 1.47GHZ, till today you did not even MENTIONED about this change. So don't try to fool anyone.
    Greatly sorry about that . I was recalling a different customer . After looking at the records again I see that you were indeed provisioned an athalon instead of the celeron , however I didnt receive any complaints about the processor .(as a note we have you down as ordering a celeron 2.0ghz not a 2.4) . If you do want to try and fix the processor related difficulties please contact me off board.
    Look, you did not even ask me for the hostname to setup before the purchase of the server.
    Indeed , and that was an oversite on our part.
    I do understand the nameservers take time to be moved, this is not the issue, don't try to use this to cover the issue,
    The hostname of the system must resolve to the IP address of the machine , otherwise you start getting problems . Without the nameservers being moved over the A records would have pointed to the old server and you would have had a number of problems.

Look everyone, this is not the point, if you can't provide such a service, don't even sell it, you wasted my time. Can you refund me time? Refund me time than.
    We provided the service , although there were delays in provisioning outside of our control mainly due to nocster . Another delay was caused because you orded one of the 512 packages after the packages had been switched to 256 by nocster and I had to get nocster to put 512 in the box.

Guys, this is what resellers tend to say "email lost". So i think i will save my fingers in this.
    It happens unforunitly . If it has been to long for a reply send the e-mail again rather than posting to a board.

Look, i don't trust you and you are providing nothing to me, i am asking for advice on how do I get the subscription directly instead of such an irresponsible reseller.
    If you want to cancel your server you should talk to me rather than a public forum.

PS: You asked for my root password in msn and you mentioned you will fix the cron problem i am facing, till today nothing has been done, was it msn message lost this time or was it dns problem that makes you do nothing this time?
    Some follow up questions (regarding the account to ensure that we deleted the correct cron process , rather than one you wanted to keep) went unanswered and it slipped my mind. As a note : for technical issues it is faster to contact nocster directly for support.

As a note: I will now be leaving this thread [unless there is something of-base posted], if you have any issues (such as whishing to cancel server) please contact me directly.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Worst Server Reseller (Holden Karau pigscanfly.ca)

Greatly sorry about that . I was recalling a different customer . After looking at the records again I see that you were indeed provisioned an athalon instead of the celeron , however I didnt receive any complaints about the processor .(as a note we have you down as ordering a celeron 2.0ghz not a 2.4) . If you do want to try and fix the processor related difficulties please contact me off board.

Indeed , and that was an oversite on our part.

when i ordered an apple, you give me an orange instead of an apple. You wait for me to complian? What kind of excuse is this? This is what i called dishonest.

The hostname of the system must resolve to the IP address of the machine , otherwise you start getting problems . Without the nameservers being moved over the A records would have pointed to the old server and you would have had a number of problems.

Don't try to fool anyone here, it was more than 48 hours, i asked you to change the hostname or restart cpanel. Anyway i don't wish to talk about this as you can say whatever you want.

We provided the service , although there were delays in provisioning outside of our control mainly due to nocster . Another delay was caused because you orded one of the 512 packages after the packages had been switched to 256 by nocster and I had to get nocster to put 512 in the box.

That has nothing to do with delay in your respond of emails and services.

It happens unforunitly . If it has been to long for a reply send the e-mail again rather than posting to a board.

I did not post the board for you, i am posting it to WHT to warn all users on your so call "unforunitly" incident.

If you want to cancel your server you should talk to me rather than a public forum.

You don't seems to understand me, i want to take back control on the server instead of you as my reseller, i want to change reseller, i need advice from wht to see what i can do to deal with resellers like you.

Some follow up questions (regarding the account to ensure that we deleted the correct cron process , rather than one you wanted to keep) went unanswered and it slipped my mind. As a note : for technical issues it is faster to contact nocster directly for support.

Why would you ask for my root password and tell me you wil fix it and now you are pushing the thing to nocster? You did not even tell me that support should go to nocster directly or even how to do that in the start.

As a note: I will now be leaving this thread [unless there is something of-base posted], if you have any issues (such as whishing to cancel server) please contact me directly.
    Contact you directly ? No thanks, i can imagine the excuse:" email lost , IM not installed, IM busy to respond, missed IM message and ect ... "

when i ordered an apple, you give me an orange instead of an apple. You wait for me to complian? What kind of excuse is this? This is what i called dishonest.
    Whenever I order a dedicated server, I always check the CPU, memory and hard drive configurations (space, partitions etc) and if I have any issues with what I received, I always contact management. Do you also wait for your cable/satellite provider to call you up and say “hey, you got some issues on your line” or for your car repair shop to call and say “time for an oil change”. If you have a problem with a server, it’s your responsibility to inform the provider. I don’t call this dishonest, I call this a lazy customer, why, and I quote “I purchased a server from him, he delayed getting my server and given me a AMD XP 1700 1.47GHZ instead of 2.4 ghz. I ignore this and carry on using the server.”

I also don’t think you’ll be able to “transfer” from the reseller (directly to Nocster or another reseller) as you’re the reseller’s customer not Nocster’s and since they wont release servers to customers due to non-payment (i.e. customer pays reseller, reseller skips town and the server gets disconnected), I find it hard to believe they’ll transfer due to the fact the resellers customer is unhappy. You’ll have to cancel with the current reseller and find another reseller, or deal directly with Nocster (what you should have done in the first place anyway) unless, from what I understand the reseller transfers the client over however, personally this is not something I would do if you were a customer of mine since your not even willing to contact the reseller on basic server configuration issues and would rather post in a public forum and expect the reseller to contact you. Geez.

As to the hostname issue, that’s completely the reseller’s fault. Not asking the customer what hostname they wish to use is like not asking a shared hosting customer what domain they would like to use. I also don’t see any AUP/TOS on this reseller sites, and they’ve had a few problems with other unhappy customer(s). This should have set off alarm bells before you placed your order. Next time don’t order from a company that doesn’t even list the service/product your purchasing on there website, and has no AUP/TOS listed on the site.

Good luck.

Originally posted by Tim01
    Whenever I order a dedicated server, I always check the CPU, memory and hard drive configurations (space, partitions etc) and if I have any issues with what I received, I always contact management. Do you also wait for your cable/satellite provider to call you up and say “hey, you got some issues on your line” or for your car repair shop to call and say “time for an oil change”. If you have a problem with a server, it’s your responsibility to inform the provider. I don’t call this dishonest, I call this a lazy customer, why, and I quote “I purchased a server from him, he delayed getting my server and given me a AMD XP 1700 1.47GHZ instead of 2.4 ghz. I ignore this and carry on using the server.”
    You are comparing on different situation. If you order an ADSL modem to your house via your provider and they give you a modem which runs as a normal 56k modem? They even write this in the invoice is a 56k modem that you had ordered. They don't even care if you care. Dis honest is dishonest, if the reseller notifies me himself regarding this before sending me the login (bringing the server up), i would not talk about it today, but He keep quiet?@?@??

I also don’t think you’ll be able to “transfer” from the reseller (directly to Nocster or another reseller) as you’re the reseller’s customer not Nocster’s and since they wont release servers to customers due to non-payment (i.e. customer pays reseller, reseller skips town and the server gets disconnected), I find it hard to believe they’ll transfer due to the fact the resellers customer is unhappy. You’ll have to cancel with the current reseller and find another reseller, or deal directly with Nocster (what you should have done in the first place anyway) unless, from what I understand the reseller transfers the client over however, personally this is not something I would do if you were a customer of mine since your not even willing to contact the reseller on basic server configuration issues and would rather post in a public forum and expect the reseller to contact you. Geez.
    You are wrong on this, i had send too much emails and msn message that i can even count to him regarding basic support, he REFUSE to reply, he is saying the email is lost or “slip of mind” until i post a message in this forum. And i am not expecting the reseller to contact me, my main purpose in this post is to warn people on him and get some advice how should i deal with him.

As to the hostname issue, that’s completely the reseller’s fault. Not asking the customer what hostname they wish to use is like not asking a shared hosting customer what domain they would like to use. I also don’t see any AUP/TOS on this reseller sites, and they’ve had a few problems with other unhappy customer(s). This should have set off alarm bells before you placed your order. Next time don’t order from a company that doesn’t even list the service/product your purchasing on there website, and has no AUP/TOS listed on the site.

Good luck.

Re: Worst Server Reseller (Holden Karau pigscanfly.ca)

What can I do ? Please help
    Unfortunately.. not much.

because you purchased your nocster/burstnet server through a reseller, essentially the RESELLER owns the server and your renting it from them..

due to this arrangement you can not contact Nocster/Burstnet directly and have the server transfered to your ownership..

this would only be possible if the owner where to transfer the ownership to you, which seems very unlikely.. as the whole reason I assume he is reselling is to make a profit.. and letting you pay Nocster/Burstnet directly would make the whole transaction for him worthless, and thus not worth his waste of time.

It seems your not getting the services you believed you would be when signing up

my suggestion is to purchase another server, and do some better research this time, prior to the purchase..

then once you've established you've made the right choice, you can transfer all your data via Cpanel.

i even paid 2 months in advance. i had to life with it for 3 months now.

i even paid 2 months in advance. i had to life with it for 3 months now.
    I can feel your pain

The transfer of the server ownership can be done provided your host agreed and allowed nocster to do so which is why I mentioned that it is better for you to settle this privately with your host

Hope your host will allow the transfer though... ...
    Giam Teck Choon

You are comparing on different situation. If you order an ADSL modem to your house via your provider and they give you a modem which runs as a normal 56k modem? They even write this in the invoice is a 56k modem that you had ordered. They don't even care if you care. Dis honest is dishonest, if the reseller notifies me himself regarding this before sending me the login (bringing the server up), i would not talk about it today, but He keep quiet?@?@??
    Why would you not contact the provider and say, hey, you guys sent me a 56K modem and not the ADSL modem I ordered. I can sum it up like this, you go to a car dealer, lay 1 million down for a nice Ferrari, the dealer says here is your car, a Ford and you not only accept it, you drive it off the lot and drive it daily (knowing it’s a ford). The point I’m trying to make is, regardless of what server configuration he provided (mistake or otherwise), you never informed him of the error, which you knew about and rather then speak up about it, just left it alone like it was OK and then posted what you did on this forum and on top of that, called him dishonest.

Anyway, does this reseller not have a helpdesk? I can’t see why any provider would not have some sort of helpdesk, since you can find many reasonable ones for free.

Well basically, if you will to say it this way, is my fault to found out that he make mistake in giving me a ford? Is my fault to be not informed earlier that he is giving me a ford?

The reason i did not bring it up is that i did not notice the cpu changes, i transfer all the domains and files over until later part i relies, i don't even want to email him and verify with him as i know 1: he don't respond on emails 2: is not that i am lazy in migrating everything to a new server, is too troublesome and not worth the risk/downtime.

Thank You
    Eric Tham

Hai~~ .. wrong investment

Originally posted by choon
    I can feel your pain

The transfer of the server ownership can be done provided your host agreed and allowed nocster to do so which is why I mentioned that it is better for you to settle this privately with your host

Hope your host will allow the transfer though... ...

Is my fault to be not informed earlier that he is giving me a ford?
    Well, the first thing I do to dedicated servers is verify the actual hardware received (well, after doing some speed tests), something you should of done before transferring websites and something I’m sure you’ll do on your next dedicated server before moving sites.

Hopefully the reseller will simply credit the account that you pre-paid at Nocster and transfer the account over to Nocster as there’s no point having an unhappy customer. If you really wanted to get out of it, you could offer to pay him the profits lost from the sale (i.e. 2 months of his profits, if any).

I really think Nocster needs to review who they approve as resellers. Minimum requirements should be a listed AUP/TOS that adheres to there policy, services listed on the reseller’s site (i.e. dedicated servers), some form of support in addition to email and ensuring the end user that technical support can also be provided by Nocster including all URL’s for support systems etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast