Gotta love Rush!

I don't know how many of you are classic rock fans, but I absolutely love Rush. I'm an absolutely huge fan! That's why I was psyched to receive the following in my mailbox this week:

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/7...tographzb4.jpg

I sent an insert from their latest CD to a venue a few days before they played there (along with a nice note thanking them for their music and a SASE) and there it was, a week later: signed and addressed to me! I'm pumped!

Hi mate...I've been into Rush for 30 years now and there's never been one day in my life that I've ever been bored with listening to them.

I get a buzz jamming along to all their music cause I'm pretty nifty on the guitar and can rip off Alex's guitar solos almost to note perfect give or take a few.

In my opinion they are the best rock band since time began and certinly the best 3 piece group that's ever been formed regardless of musical genre.

Rush is my god in life.

owm
    ‹(¿)›
    Life's what you make it.

Been a Rush fan since 1975 (after hearing "Fly By Night"), and I've seen them live in concert dozens of times. For one tour, I had front row center for three consecutive nights at the Meadowlands arena in NJ (was the Brendan Byrne arena then). The show was incredible all three nights...
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Gotta love Rush! Great musicians and more importantly, great guys!

A brilliant group from a better, vanished time...

mmm. Good music man. Not to mention I love getting autographs

Did you guys seem them on the Colbert Report this week?

That was reeeeeaaaaly cool.
    Jen Lepp
    “Customer service represents the heart of a brand in the hearts of its customers.” – Kate Nasser

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Been a Rush fan since 1975 (after hearing "Fly By Night"), and I've seen them live in concert dozens of times. For one tour, I had front row center for three consecutive nights at the Meadowlands arena in NJ (was the Brendan Byrne arena then). The show was incredible all three nights...
    I can see that arena from my desk at work here right now.

Provided you mean it's the one next to Giant Stadium.
    AS395558

Rush is amazing! Actually the password on my iPhone is 2112 haha, and the Colbert Report was great this week I'll agree!
    DILIGENThost.com, Canadian hosting based on high-availability w/ 24/7 bilingual (French) support & 100% uptime -> Toll free phone support
    cPanel/WHM 11 + Fantastico, PHP4&5, Private nameservers, Unlimited domains & features, Self Serve DNS...Shared / Reseller / VPS / Dedicated | Webmasters-Inside.com - Come join our new webmaster forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Lhiannon View Post
    Did you guys seem them on the Colbert Report this week?

That was reeeeeaaaaly cool.
    I saw that... Was very funny, and the next episode where it started with rush "still" playing.
    SOA/SaaS/Cloud & Hosting Technology Evangelist
    Note: Any opinions expressed are my own and not of anyone else or my companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougy View Post
    I can see that arena from my desk at work here right now. Provided you mean it's the one next to Giant Stadium.
    Yup, that's the one. I grew up about 10 minutes from there, and still remember when Sportland was where the western end of the football stadium parking lot now stands. My dad had a chance years before the stadium went up to buy the land it and the racetrack sits on for $.25 an acre from a tomato farmer he knew there. His response to the offer was "what the h*ll will I do with 250 acres of swamp land"?.

What indeed.
    *sigh*
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Yup, that's the one. I grew up about 10 minutes from there, and still remember when Sportland was where the western end of the football stadium parking lot now stands. My dad had a chance years before the stadium went up to buy the land it and the racetrack sits on for $.25 an acre from a tomato farmer he knew there. His response to the offer was "what the h*ll will I do with 250 acres of swamp land"?.

What indeed.
    *sigh*
    Don't feel bad.. my family could have owned half of Hellman's mayonnaise back when it first started for something like a $5,000 investment.
    AS395558