Enabling Frontpage Extensions on RaQ550

I've just tried to enable Frontpage Extensions on a brand-new virtual site on a [fully patched] RaQ550.
    The CP won't let me. I get the following error message:

A FrontPage web could not be created for this site. FrontPage may not be enabled if the existing web site contains files that conflict with FrontPage webs, such as .htaccess files.
    When I look at the site, despite this error message it now contains the following files/directories in addition to index.html and error and stats directories which were there before:

Code:
    -rw-rw-r--    1 nobody   site8         360 Mar 13 11:16 .htaccess
    -rw-r--r--    1 nobody   site8        2453 Mar 13 11:16 postinfo.html
    drwxrwsr-x    2 nobody   site8          22 Mar 13 11:16 _vti_log 
    drwxrwsr-x    2 nobody   site8         111 Mar 13 11:16 _vti_pvt
    If the 'Frontpage web' has not been created, then what is missing?

Any ideas how I can get Frontpage Extensions working?

Regards
    Tony.

I believe with a RAQ, the Frontpage extensions are enabled by the site administrator for the site. Once activated, it creates several directories, some visible, some invisible. It appears you haven't listed the invisible directories which actually contain the components that run the site. Some of these probably won't be visible within Frontpage, but should appear if you ftp'd to the site.

You could have the site administrator remove and reinstall extensions. It's best if the site is empty when installing extensions so there's less chance of conflicts.

Alex042 - thanks for the response.

I attempted to enable Frontpage Extensions for the site using the CP, logged in as Server Admin.
    I am looking at the directory content having SSH'd into the server, so I can see everything that is there.

I haven't actually got Frontpage myself, and I've never used it - but I don't think my ignorance here is part of the problem. All I'm trying to do is use the RaQ CP to enable Fontpage Extensions on a new site.

Cheers,
    Tony.