Shashi Kant Singh Guest
    I have been a godaddy.com customer since 2006 , but their service and support is worst i have ever seen.
    Need opinion on vpslink.com link-1 plan (64mb ram) or any other vps host
    I have 18 websites with only static contents, simple html pages, small zip files, images etc. no need for mysql databases
    my sites used to take an average 10-20 seconds to load, this i really don't like.
    so i canceled my hosting a/c with godaddy.com
    now i wanna try a vps for a fresh start.
    need help from you guys.
    Please, suggest some good cheap vps hosts to start with.
    Please don't suggest high priced.
    I'm still a college student (i pay my bills from my pocket money LOL)
    Thanx

Well, if you were to go with a control panel like webmin you'd certainly cut your costs. You get what you pay for, so bare in mind that you'll pay more for dedicated resources than shared. What's your desired monthly budget?

I would suggest you to go at least with their LXadmin Plan 2 , you can also get lifetime 10% discount with coupon available around the net.
    LXAdmin is so easy.

I do not believe you can host 18 websites on 64MB of RAM. I'd bump that up to atleast 128 or 256.

Shashi Kant Singh Guest
    Well, if you were to go with a control panel like webmin you'd certainly cut your costs. You get what you pay for, so bare in mind that you'll pay more for dedicated resources than shared. What's your desired monthly budget?
    My budget is very low (under $16 - $20)
    I can manage more fund but then I'll have to sell shared hosting space on my vps to pay my hosting bills
    I need a unmanaged vps so i can learn linux commands and its environment
    Thanx

You can get both the LXAdmin level 2 AND level 3 packages.
    http://vpslink.com/hostinabox-lxadmin-vps/
    There are also a coupon which give you 10% lifetime discount. So the level 3 would be 18$ instead of 20$.
    BTW: Just signed few hours ago with their level 2 plan, i'll make review soon.

Shashi Kant Singh Guest
    I do not believe you can host 18 websites on 64MB of RAM. I'd bump that up to atleast 128 or 256.
    I really needed that info that can i host my 18 static websites with 64 mb ram?
    thanks for the info bro, really appreciate it

No Way! Find a host that can offer you LxAdmin on 64mb of RAM. LxAdmin host-in-a-box only uses 18mb of ram, so i can assure you that 64mb would be plenty!

I really needed that info that can i host my 18 static websites with 64 mb ram?
    Short answer, no. vpslink doesn't provide burst memory (at least they didn't, perhaps that's changed) so when you hit the 64 MB memory barrier things will die quickly. And you will hit it
    I'd suggest 256 MB minimum. 128 MB might suffice if you really know what your doing (for memory optimization) but you may encounter problems getting things installed without burst memory or swap.

Shashi Kant Singh Guest
    Short answer, no. vpslink doesn't provide burst memory (at least they didn't, perhaps that's changed) so when you hit the 64 MB memory barrier things will die quickly. And you will hit it
    I'd suggest 256 MB minimum. 128 MB might suffice if you really know what your doing (for memory optimization) but you may encounter problems getting things installed without burst memory or swap.
    for swap memory i'll go with the xen platform
    any pros or cons about vpslink.com hosting?

for swap memory i'll go with the xen platform
    any pros or cons about vpslink.com hosting?
    I have no experience with vpslink Xen so cannot comment.
    I do have first-hand knowledge of Linode (http://www.linode.com) Xen and recommend them as an experienced and reliable provider.

Shashi Kant Singh Guest
    I have no experience with vpslink Xen so cannot comment.
    I do have first-hand knowledge of Linode Xen and recommend them as an experienced and reliable provider.
    can't use linode.com because i don't have credit card (only paypal)
    checked their prices seems good to me
    thanks bro

Go with A2b2 brand, fsckvps.com, it is within budget and awesome and you get lots of space, bandwidth and space

Go with A2b2 brand, fsckvps.com, it is within budget and awesome and you get lots of space, bandwidth and space
    Yes, but not Xen, which Shashi seems to be looking for.

SamCD Guest
    Are you sure you wouldn't do well on some different shared hosting? It may be that the server you were on was overloaded or their settings did not agree with your site.
    I'd suggest at looking at some different shared hosting solutions, since they will probably still suite since you said your sites are pretty static.
    I wouldn't suggest a 64mb VPS package even for a few sites, I'd go for 128mb, probably 256mb for comfort.
    Check out the the offers section .

RikeMedia|Rick Guest
    I really wouldn't advise anything lower than 265MB RAM for website hosting. Seriously, even if you do use LXAdmin with Lighttpd and any other optimization, it'll still not be enough.
    Even VPSLink will tell you not to use their Link-1 plan to host anything other than some html pages.
    You can still get a decent 256MB plan for $10 - $20 /month though.