Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kayako Nightmare..

Just a heads up - If they haven't deleted it yet...

http://forums.kayako.com/showthread....&threadid=1346

What a freakin' nightmare - the back-up feature doesn't even work, so we can't even get our data.

Thats to bad, strange that so many people rely on this company and don't have issues. Sounds like you were let through the cracks, they should offer phone support.

I'm sure there is an "excuse".

Strange. I've purchased twice from them and both times I had a response and was able to be up and running in about a day. I'm pretty sure that they're based out of India (I could be wrong about this), so a response during the day in the USA (if that's where you are at) shouldn't be expected. However, 5 days is still a long time.

Appreciate the sentiment..

But now its the weekend....

We won't hear from them until next week (if then).

That is one big damn crack to slip through.

Amazing..

- 7 days later
    - No replies or product

Now that's what I call customer service...

I've had problems with Kayako's support in the past. Paying for things and them not providing the service.

Usually when you annoy them enough on their support e-mail they take care of your problem.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

Yes I have heard of this. I frequent the Kayako forums, and have seen this happen as they said. I see that Barko is not a fraudulent customer clearly, and they definitly dropped the ball with this one. My Kayako was setup within 24 hours when I purchased it. The software is excellent, and I have had no problems with support personally.

Still no help desk.

Amazing - purchased on the 21st and its the 28th.

No one knows what is going on over there and it seems like its a one man show - everyone is waiting on Varun.

I got this last Monday when I first inquired as to why our account had not been created:

---------------
    Hiren said:

I am waiting for Varun to update me on the issue. He is currently out of office and is expected to return back on Thursday morning. I will try to contact him well before that and update you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Hiren Mehta
    ----------------------
    Kayako Web Solutions
    http://www.kayako.com
    eSupport - Feature Packed & Robust Support System
    LiveResponse - The Ultimate Live Support Package
    ---------------

Needless to say, I never did hear from him until I posted a thread over there and here. But...he has just closed my help desk tickets and asked me questions like: "please provide us with your payment details", etc. The payment details were in the tickets that he closed, which were obviously not read.

What a circus. Too bad its our peanuts that they are feeding the elephant.

Probably going to dump it at this point - its kind of like poking yourself with a sharp stick. At some point you simply ask yourself "why am I doing this?"

Buyer beware.

We move far away from Kayako ourselfs, due to the fact that there is zero support now a days. Their sofware is coded badly and could not cope with our increased ticket support load. It went so far that it took 5 minutes to just answer a ticket.

We switched to deskPRO and oh my God what a difference. Not only does it work wonderfully, it is fast, and the support is great.
    I like to help

I was just about to purchase that helpdesk, for my next hosting company that I'm setting up now. But after reading this thread, no way hozay!

barko, thanks for the heads up. Sorry you're having troubles.

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    I was just about to purchase that helpdesk, for my next hosting company that I'm setting up now. But after reading this thread, no way hozay!

barko, thanks for the heads up. Sorry you're having troubles.
    Hmm...Does Mrs. Bob know about this new hosting company??

Anyhoo...

just setup Deskpro - fast response (over the weekend too)
    Looks like a much better option.

Adios, Kayako

Mine came in like 20 hrs.

Odd, how many people that have had probs. w/this company,

Maybe they are short on people who knows.

I haven't had any problems with it and I had my license in a few hours. However, it's not exactally high volume for me yet.

people impressed by kayako's nice color other than features.
    and truth is far better products are in market.

I feel sorry for you barko, I hope you got your refund back, good thing it wasn't a yearly license. True, there may be better products in feature then Kayako, but kayako is also easy to use for clients that don't know much about websites.
    - xFluro WebHosting
    cPanel/WHM with Rvskin & Fantastico De Luxe.

Oh well...

No resolution still - and they just closed my thread.

Stating: "Hello, Kayako isn't a one man show. Varun does the programming and others do the techincal support. However, I'm going to close this thread before it gets out of hand."

Hmmm...gets out of hand?? For who?? Its been out of hand for us since they charged our bank account.

What a screwed up ordeal. All they had to do is simply answer my email and provide the product that I paid for - over 8 days ago.

I just checked my original receipt for payment and it was on the 20th.

Again...

Buyer be VERY aware.

And...just received this email..

"As I suggested in the previous ticket, complte account information was sent to the registered email address, wierd you didn't receive it." - From Hiren Mehta / Additional instructions were included for how to cancel the agreement (as per my request).

Yep - I agree, very weird - also weird that the account was never created or accessible. Weird that no one knew WTH was going on. Weird that I was accused of being a fraud. Weird that no one returned my emails or answered help desk tickets until I created a stink on the forums. etc., etc., etc.

Anyway, I have canceled the "account that never was" and am awaiting a refund from World Pay.

End of story.

Check your mail logs, maybe they are sending email that is getting caught as spam or something, try to get their from email or something and check your log files to see if it tried to get to you. HTH

I was looking into Kayako, but this is not the first time I hear negative things about their support (not product)...

It should be kept in perspective that the complaints to praise ratio with Kayako is *EXTREMELY* low. From what I can tell, you'd be statistically worse off with any other vendor.

I guess I should not jump to any comclusions yet...

I have heard great things about the product.

... all complaints I have read so far are about unresponsive support, though they are not many, they are similar in tone. I want to get it, as it looks nice, but I hesiteate. Iwould hate to have invested all this time and having all this info and run into problems with it and not get help... That is my fear.

You know, there are other systems you can use besides eSupport. Cerberus is just one of them.

Or you can look at getting a custom made one. They might cost a little more, but you usually get a highly customized version that fits your needs exactly.
    ·· Repeat after me... ProSupport is the best... Prosupport is... ··
    ProSupport Host Support System - OUT NOW! Grab a copy yourself and see what the hype is about!
    VertiHost Inc. - We run a quality business. Do you?

I have to say I had some problems with the order process. I think mine took about 3-4 days. That was in January, and I had the same problems with emails "not arriving"
    I finally got help from Hiren. I know at that time they were pretty backed up with orders. I hope their OWN support will improve. I havent had to contact them for anything and the program is great, so I hope they are able to work through these current (persistent?) problems.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

Kayako use Worldpay you are covered by their shopper guarantee which is quite extensive so if you dont have luck with Kayako go directly to Worldpay

Robbie
    Robbie Wallis
    Sales Director
    http://www.4web-space.com

Cerberus support is non-existent as well. I paid my license and before it I asked if they could install it for me at additional price because I'm not capable to do it myself.

Before purchase they agreed and aswered all my question quickly. After purchase situation has changed and now they dont reply me at all. 28.3. I made installation request (there reads they would reply quickly, but on heavy load 1-2 days). I have emailed them nearly every day. By now I still havent got any reply from them. Seems that after they get the money they dont care customer at all.

But still hoping if I would get working helpdesk-system some day...

Switched to Deskpro. http://www.deskpro.com

Night and day difference. Full-features and highly configurable. (so far) One little SQL issue that was fixed immediately.

To be fair...
    haven't had to try out the support much though - time will tell.

The best app in the World stinks if there is no support behind it.

And..a help desk is not just a cute little app to sit on our server and increase sales. We beat the heck out of it daily.

So far, so good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast