Internap DataCenters

Hello WHT,

I'm in search of internap datacenters to colocate in, I contacted internap but they require you to have a full cabinet which I don't need, can anyone list some hosts currently in the internap dc using pure internap bandwidth not a reseller or mixed bgp. I could either colocate or rent dedicated servers.

Locations and how many servers I would be colocating are; Dallas, Chicago, LA, Seattle, New York, Atlanta, preferably 1-2 servers in each location.

Internap has POPs in other data center's where you may not necessarily have to buy a full rack. Ideally, you procure less than half rack from the primary colo, unless a sub-tenant relationship allows access to Internap IP independently, and get an XC to Internap.

http://www.internap.com/business-int...ervice-points/

Right so I looked at one of their POPs for Chicago, here it is

350 E. Cermak Road, 5th Floor
    Chicago, IL 60616

1905 Lunt Ave
    Elk Grove Village, IL 60007

427 S. LaSalle, Suite 125
    Chicago, IL 60605

111 N. Canal, Suite 200
    Chicago, IL 60606

Who would I contact to get in one of those DCs, will cross connects be involved. Are they resellers, providers I would need to speak with?

You probably want to state how much bandwidth, and how much power, and what you will be using the servers for

350 E. Cermak is Equinix.

You could try these providers at 427 S. LaSalle:

Managed/Hosted:
    WiredTree
    Layered Technologies

Colo:
    Co-location.com

Not sure if they give you the choice for connectivity to Internap or not. They may have have their own flavor of BGP blend.

I'm not as familiar with the Chicago market so that's all I've got for insight. Hope it helps.

Oh, and yes, it's highly likely an XC would apply. You might be able to get away w/o XC if you just use their bandwidth but I realize the premise if your thread to to access INAP.

Steadfast is in 350 E Cermak, they should be able to get a cross-connect for you. Talk to Karl about that.
    Jason Canady • Unlimited Net, LLC
    812.669.0551 • sales [at] unlimitednet.us
    Midwest Hosting Solutions • AS11990
    Dedicated Server Hosting

Internap should be able to refer you to some customers of theirs that do offer colo by the U.

Actually they were quite unhelpful to give me references to hosts in their dc's "We don't have any references to give you" one of their reps replied during the live chat, they also require to have a 42u minimum, and expensive managed hosting, which I'm starting to guess going directly to Internap for services is out of the question.

Why not just go with a provider that can cross connect you directly to Internap?
    LionLink Networks
    Ashburn Data Center Colocation, Infrastructure Solutions, and Premium Optimized Connectivity
    Infrastructure and Colocation Solutions For All Sizes - Managed Services - Dedicated Servers - Data Center Consulting - Now POP'd @ RagingWire! | www.lionlink.net | sales@lionlink.net | (844) DATA-CENTER | Ashburn Colocation

Try talking to Nuclearfallout last I heard they use pure Internap and have all those locations. They also do dedicated servers not sure if they could do something custom or not for you.
    Guess it's worth a shot.

PoPs
    CHICAGO - 111 N. Canal St, 2nd Floor, Connectivity Multiple OC192 (10 Gigabit Ethernet), expandable to 480Gb/s

CHICAGO - 350 E. Cermak, 5th Floor, Equinix, Connectivity Multiple OC192 (10 Gigabit Ethernet), expandable to 480Gb/s

CHICAGO - Connectivity Between 350 E. Cermak and 111 N. Canal, Dark Fiber (10 Gigabit Ethernet), expandable to 80Gb/s

LA - 600 West 7th Street, 5th Floor, TelX, Connectivity Multiple OC192 (10 Gigabit Ethernet), expandable to 480Gb/s

There are several Inap resellers across the US unfortunately there is not one reseller for all of your requested locations. In Atlanta, try Bud Ducey at Zconnect....
    http://www.QuoteColo.com - Colocation, Miner Hosting, Dedicated and Cloud Hosting Quotes

Judging by your location and demanding Internap. I would say you want to use these services for some sort of game hosting.

While I personally don't like Internap as much as I did a few years ago, it's safe to say it'll be easier for you to work out a deal with NFO.

They have large pipes with internap, as well as some decent custom routes. John's a great guy to work with, so I would give him a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by ibnet View Post
    Actually they were quite unhelpful to give me references to hosts in their dc's "We don't have any references to give you" one of their reps replied during the live chat, they also require to have a 42u minimum, and expensive managed hosting, which I'm starting to guess going directly to Internap for services is out of the question.
    Disclaimer: I work for Internap, so I'm answering in a dual-capacity as an individual and an employee.

Speaking as an Internap employee:
    For hosting a small number of servers, you can classify colo providers into two categories: those who offer racks and cages, and those who offer smaller colo-by-the-unit (for 1 or 2 servers, up to a rack). Internap is the former, which is why the smallest unit offered is a 42u rack. Frequently, the smaller per-unit colo providers will buy space in a larger facility..

As to why you didn't get a referral, we generally can't refer you to specific customers without a prior partnership agreement. Otherwise, we'd be playing favorites which would be unfair to other customers. There are also some cases where a non-disclosure agreement may be in place, so we generally avoid official referrals like that.

If you PM me the name of the person you talked to and the date you chatted, I can help them better answer that question in future chats :-)

Finally, managed hosting at Internap usually involves very customized solutions, which is why you may find the price to be a little higher. If you have a specific goal you're trying to achieve, I can put you directly in touch with a sales rep or sales engineer who might be better suited to look at your specific needs and figure out a proper solution. We do have other solutions outside of the traditional managed hosting/colo that may better serve your requirements.

Speaking as an individual:
    There are a lot of facilities that buy Internap bandwidth that also sell colo by the unit. I can refer you to one in Atlanta that buys Internap bandwideth that I also personally used in the past if you PM me. I don't want to mention them in the same post where I reveal I'm a lurking Internap employee I don't know what other locations they have, though.

Note that my needs (hosting personal sites) certainly won't match your needs. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

In general you're narrowing down the list of available colo providers by specifying 1 or 2 servers.

Trying to colocate 1U or 2U of space and obtaining internap bandwidth is going to take some rigorous searching, if you're expecting 50 to 100 dollars per U.

Your odds of getting on pure internap bandwidth would increase dramatically if you just paid for more space (1/3rd or half rack) or paid more for the same amount of space.

Do you have to have Internap exclusively? Since you are using it for game servers and you probably are looking for the best routes/ping time, you might want to try steadfast.

My ping to my server at steadfast chicago is ~3ms lower than to NFO's chicago server. its always been like this for me. I use to run a GSP and when I lived in WV just south of pittsburg using TW, Steadfast was still a couple of MS quicker.

This is my actual collocated server inside Steadfast:
    5 packets transmitted, 5 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
    round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 31.746/33.223/34.890/1.240 ms
    new-host-5:arctic XX$ ping -c 5 eveXXX.com
    PING evenXX.com (50.31.2.XXX): 56 data bytes
    64 bytes from 50.31.2.XXX: icmp_seq=0 ttl=53 time=56.150 ms
    64 bytes from 50.31.2.XXX: icmp_seq=1 ttl=53 time=60.353 ms
    64 bytes from 50.31.2.XXX: icmp_seq=2 ttl=53 time=59.948 ms
    64 bytes from 50.31.2.XXX: icmp_seq=3 ttl=53 time=61.450 ms
    64 bytes from 50.31.2.XXX: icmp_seq=4 ttl=53 time=64.489 ms

--- eveXXX.com ping statistics ---

This is the CSource server from NFO listed on their website
    5 packets transmitted, 5 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
    round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 56.150/60.478/64.489/2.686 ms
    new-host-5:arctic XXX$ ping -c 5 74.91.115.74
    PING 74.91.115.74 (74.91.115.74): 56 data bytes
    64 bytes from 74.91.115.74: icmp_seq=0 ttl=54 time=63.126 ms
    64 bytes from 74.91.115.74: icmp_seq=1 ttl=54 time=61.029 ms
    64 bytes from 74.91.115.74: icmp_seq=2 ttl=54 time=65.212 ms
    64 bytes from 74.91.115.74: icmp_seq=3 ttl=54 time=61.623 ms
    64 bytes from 74.91.115.74: icmp_seq=4 ttl=54 time=62.853 ms

Also my server is currently under a sizable load

No this is not for game servers, we only do exclusive vps and dedicated deals. My team and I are ready to deploy 20-25 servers, we choose Internap for it's best latency while streaming videos, downloading/uploading content to their sites. Anyone know what the minimum commit for Internap is, how much they charge per one mbps.

Andrew I cannot seem to PM you due to your post count.
    Last edited by ibnet; 04-07-2012 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ibnet View Post
    Andrew I cannot seem to PM you due to your post count.
    I guess this means I need to post more :-)
    Shoot me an email at aboring at internap dot com.