Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Things to do in Vegas.

Hey, anyone want to partake in an ATV adventure in the valley of fire? Its about $150 and would be an awesome adventure if someone wants to go.

Seems like an alright deal for all the rental, lunch, drinks, etc.

http://www.looktours.com/atv.html

Quote Originally Posted by JodoHost(Stephen)
    Hey, anyone want to partake in an ATV adventure in the valley of fire? Its about $150 and would be an awesome adventure if someone wants to go.

Seems like an alright deal for all the rental, lunch, drinks, etc.

http://www.looktours.com/atv.html
    Looks awesome. That would be great.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

http://www.thegunstorelasvegas.com/rental.htm

im thinking I might have to take some guys to shoot some kick but machine guns since that is a hot topic on this board. play the video - looks like a fun time! http://www.thegunstorelasvegas.com/tourvideo.htm

the SAW looks particularly interesting.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

They have another ATV tour that is 6 hours long and over 100 miles in distance(all the way to california). If I can't find anyone else wanting to go, I'll be taking the 6 hr atv extreme tour, as really there is nothing better than being out in nature on a 4 wheeler or dirt bike.

Sailor, I am on my treo and can't check out that video but it sounds like a fun thing.
    I am not going to do any gambling, so I am looking for alternatives, that one sounds like a 'blast'

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bob
    Looks awesome. That would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by JodoHost(Stephen)
    They have another ATV tour that is 6 hours long and over 100 miles in distance(all the way to california). If I can't find anyone else wanting to go, I'll be taking the 6 hr atv extreme tour, as really there is nothing better than being out in nature on a 4 wheeler or dirt bike.
    Looks like an awesome experience. I am seriously considering this.
    I am not going to do any gambling, so I am looking for alternatives, that one sounds like a 'blast'
    Same here. I'm not going to gamble, but just going for the experience.

Sailor - The Gun Store is a definite must-do activity. I personally recommend the Thompson - kind of gives you that whole Al Capone / Eliott Ness theme. The M249 SAW would of course also be great - it's pretty tough to go wrong with anything in that store Bring plenty of cash for ammo, you can launch $100 in lead in literally a few minutes at that place.

Bob - None of this is definite yet, but we are working on light snacks and beverages (adult or otherwise) for the tours. I wouldn't want to see you starve to death or anything

Since I'm local to Las Vegas, I'd be happy to recommend hotels or activities if anyone needs assistance planning their trip. If there is any interest, I'd be happy to start a new topic on "Rob's top 10 cheapo LV hotel List" or something like that - let me know if you'd like to see it, and I'll take a bit of time and do it if there is some interest.
    Rob Tyree
    Versaweb - DDoS Protected Cloud and Dedicated Server Hosting
    Fiberhub - Affordable Colocation Services in Las Vegas, Dallas, Miami, and Seattle

OK sailor, let's go shoot some stuff up. I am in.

I have been to the desert on a ATV with no name,

already done that so I will pass on that trip.

Hmm... shooting stuff up does sound like fun.

Might even do a drive to the grand canyon.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

If you want to do the whole Grand Canyon tour thing, I'd highly recommend spending a bit of extra $$ and do it via airplane or helicopter. The GC is about a 3 hour drive each way, and the scenery is better from the air anyway IMO. Unless you want to spend a day hiking or something like that, I'd do an air tour.
    Rob Tyree
    Fiberhub - Affordable Colocation Services in Las Vegas, Dallas, Miami, and Seattle

I don't want an air tour, it's not at good s ATVing in the desert fun-wise I will be flying over the GC two times from my 757, so I'll get to take a peek.

Edit: I see now you were replying to UH-Matt about driving to the Grand Canyon.

Quote Originally Posted by Techark
    OK sailor, let's go shoot some stuff up. I am in.
    Oh I'm certainly up for it too........
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best. --Oscar Wilde

- Shooting stuff
    - Grand Canyon
    - Blackjack

Are my 3 things to do in Vegas.

Oh... and maybe some networking and hosting type stuff.

EDIT: Also looking to get a nice deal on a large colo contract, so a message to any colo providers attending - treat us well!
    Matt Wallis

Hey Matt - I did mention that we would be giving DC tours in Vegas, right?
    Rob Tyree

Yes but thats the easy bit. You need to win our business over everyone else.

Im not looking for a quick and easy sale, im looking for the best.
    Matt Wallis

I would take you on a trip to Miami, but its on the opposite side of the country

Nap of the Americas in Miami is pretty impressive.

Ok, back to the topic, things to do!

I have 3-4 people that are interested ATVing, I was planning to stay through the 20th, but one of the people wanting to go, it would have to be on the morning on the 19th, so this would cut out the last day of the convention, anyone up for that still?

Quote Originally Posted by UH-Matt
    Yes but thats the easy bit. You need to win our business over everyone else.

Im not looking for a quick and easy sale, im looking for the best.
    "Let us win at the high limit poker table and you got our business"

I'm also interested in the ATVing - we're going with at least 3 people so could be fun with a group.

Quote Originally Posted by UH-Matt
    - Shooting stuff
    Is there anywhere there that we could blow stuff up too?
    Oh... and maybe some networking and hosting type stuff.
    Oh yeah, there's a hosting thingie there too. Almost forgot.
    EDIT: Also looking to get a nice deal on a large colo contract, so a message to any colo providers attending - treat us well!
    I can be bribed with gifts too. I'm easy.

I am still debating on staying in vegas a few extra days or going over to cali after hostingcon for a few days. If I don't go to cali I will be down for the ATV trip with the spare funds sounds like it would be a blast.

For those of you who have not been to vegas before I suggest going downtown to check out the light show which is pretty impressive and I don't think you will ever see anywhere else or at least not now that I know of.

The "Fremont Street Experience" as it is called is pretty cool. They recently completed a bunch of upgrades to it as well, so it's definitely worth checking out. It's a 10 minute trip by car from the Mirage to downtown, so it's very easy to get to. I'd recommend going just a bit after dark.

For the adventure seekers, I'd recommend a stop at the Stratosphere on the way back from Fremont Street, since it's right between Fremont Street and the Mirage. They have rides built on top of the 1000+ foot tower that are lots of fun - my personal favorite is the "Big Shot", which shoots you up like a rocket approx. 150 feet or so. Go at night and get a seat facing south - you will never get a better view of The Strip.
    Rob Tyree

Rob, Thanks for the tips you are giving

The really can be helpful for those of us that have never been to Vegas

You all should visit the Valley of Fire State Park. It's only 15 miles away from Las Vegas. Do some offroading with a AWD or 4WD rental. Here are photos from the last time I went there: http://www.flickr.com/photos/vinayse.../sets/1356661/

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T
    For the adventure seekers, I'd recommend a stop at the Stratosphere on the way back from Fremont Street, since it's right between Fremont Street and the Mirage. They have rides built on top of the 1000+ foot tower that are lots of fun - my personal favorite is the "Big Shot", which shoots you up like a rocket approx. 150 feet or so. Go at night and get a seat facing south - you will never get a better view of The Strip.

ah - yes - I am going to do this as well. for those that are not scaredy cats - we can do a group trip over there.

that is after we get the suntan oil washed off from hanging at the pool and drinking my free beer.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

Salior is giving away free beer? Im in... I am beginning to wonder if we want Salior if we wont have to goto "Glitter Gulch" downtown.... LOL Anyone wanna go break into Area 51??? Its only an 1 1/2 Drive to the main gate... LOL
    Tony Holloway
    Delivering Custom Hosting Solutions Since January 2004
    madRooster.com
    Fun Name ... Serious Solutions

Tony,

I found a place to rent some dirt bikes (aka fast action vehicles)
    Should make getting into Area 51 easier, just build a dirt ramp and jump in

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast