Thumbs down After Paypal ... it is now Plimus gone :(

Just got the following mail from Plimus Credit Card Gateway:
    As per this mail, we CANNOT ACCEPT order from clients using Credit Card. What the hell???

~~~~~~~~~~~~

February 16, 2011

Real Value Hosting
    Vendor ID: xxxxxx

As a Plimus vendor based in India, we are informing you that the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) recently outlined new requirements for governing the processing and settlement of export-related receipts facilitated by online payment gateways. In order to comply with the RBI guidelines, effective immediately Plimus is forced to take the following actions on your account:

1. For purchases – the only purchase options your shoppers will now have are PayPal Wallet, Money Bookers, wire transfer, checks or European alternative payment methods
    2. For existing ongoing subscriptions – no effect – these will continue
    3. For new subscriptions – PayPal Wallet is now the only choice for purchase

Because these requirements are mandated by the government of India and the RBI, the changes have already been made to your order pages by our engineering team. We suggest you check them out and validate everything is working as described.

If you have been mistakenly identified as a solely India based vendor, please contact Vendor Support immediately so we can correct the error. Thank you for your continued use of Plimus as your e-Commerce platform.

Regards,
    The Plimus Team.
    RVH Cloud - Every day hosting solutions since 2003
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting VPS Dedicated Servers True 24 x 7 x 365 Support

As Plimus is forced by RBI to apply such rules to all the Indian Vendors, I think this will be applied to all the Credit Card Gateway providers such as 2checkout etc. sooner or later.

Since the payments in hosting industries (in shared / reseller hosting), are very small, Wire transfer etc. are not the options at all. I think it is going to affect all the companies like us

ofcourse, initially business will be affected because of new policies from government of India. But no need to worry about this sooner or later any alternative will come, because business is not going to stop. This time we can use Alertpay.

Quote Originally Posted by realvaluehosting View Post
    As Plimus is forced by RBI to apply such rules to all the Indian Vendors, I think this will be applied to all the Credit Card Gateway providers such as 2checkout etc. sooner or later.

Since the payments in hosting industries (in shared / reseller hosting), are very small, Wire transfer etc. are not the options at all. I think it is going to affect all the companies like us
    Well, being an Indian company, maybe you should check what the governmental policy really is about. It may well be that some possibilities still exist and you could use the services of another processor.

What is the current solution which is tested? We are also one among them who are affected with the Plimus mail it landed with a bang in our head, we are really cool with that guys now dont know what to do? We also have Alertpay as processor, shall we change it to Alertpay? Will it process Indian debit cards? I tried with Indian Overseas Bank card it processed the same many times but dont know about other cards.

why don't you set up company outside of India and get processing for this company?
    Offshore incorporation and bank accounts
    @offshoreoffer - offshore services, tax optimization info

Any and every such vendor will have to comply with RBI guidelines if they want to do business with Indians.

Issue is not with paypal, plimus etc. Issue is most of us want the easy way out.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

RBI can be more SME friendly rather than these stupid rules..I guess 2checkout and moneybookers will be the next targets.

Alternative

Got similar update for plimus as well. Even they stopped transactions for Indian merchant. Don’t know whats next with international gateway providers. It seems in such scenario Indian gateways would be the most reliable one. EBS seems a reliable & affordable alternative. Now we will have to be cautious for selecting appropriate solution for our payment processing.

Quote Originally Posted by chennaihomie View Post
    RBI can be more SME friendly rather than these stupid rules..I guess 2checkout and moneybookers will be the next targets.
    Yep. I am 100% sure about this. Most probably, we will receive a mail from 2co before next financial year.

> It seems in such scenario Indian gateways would be the most reliable one. EBS seems a reliable & affordable alternative

# Sorry but the terms & conditions of Indian Gateways sucks big time and and they are not as reliable as 2Co and Plimus etc. are. and they are costly as well.

I contacted Axis Bank several times but no replies recd. Contacted ICICI but they were too costly. CCAvenue not reliable. There are not many CC gateways in India

We don't have much options available in India.

Dont shrug unless u've tried

Can't genralize pal, Unsure about others but have got a good deal from EBS n have found it reliable so don't knock it unless uve tried it. Cud be coz its an Indian PG following Indian rules which is why its still up and running but as long as it works for me, who cares y

i think you guys in india MUST begin the revolution over your goverment just like in egypt!
    please cmiiw always

Quote Originally Posted by craig joe View Post
    i think you guys in india MUST begin the revolution over your goverment just like in egypt!
    It's the policy makers (not politicians) here who have saved us from many adversaries over decades.

Revolution is required but against corruption and bad governance not against the rules, law and policies.

Quote Originally Posted by realvaluehosting View Post

I contacted Axis Bank several times but no replies recd. Contacted ICICI but they were too costly. CCAvenue not reliable. There are not many CC gateways in India

We don't have much options available in India.
    How about HDFC?
    If you steal from one author, it’s plagiarism; if you steal from many, it’s research

Quote Originally Posted by Vinayak_Sharma View Post
    It's the policy makers (not politicians) here who have saved us from many adversaries over decades.

Revolution is required but against corruption and bad governance not against the rules, law and policies.
    the policy makes a barrier and or limitting you guys to expand your business and help you each other there, imho.
    please cmiiw always

Quote Originally Posted by craig joe View Post
    the policy makes a barrier and or limitting you guys to expand your business and help you each other there, imho.
    It depends on how you think.

The policy/guideline that paypal, plimus and others have been asked to follow makes our money safer, they won't be able to block funds now, and that is one reason why plimus stopped accepting CC for us.

It's the Indian policies and guidelines that sailed us smoothly and safely through the recession.

Quote Originally Posted by subhash View Post
    How about HDFC?
    Any bank to deal directly is going to be quite costly for small transactions and volume. Also to integrate a bank's system you will have to get the module developed yourself as I don't think any cart support them out of the box.

2. For existing ongoing subscriptions – no effect – these will continue
    They way Plimus has handled this is pathetic. First of all, there was no notification about this and now while they said that they will continue to process the current subscriptions, all of sudden they CANCELLED all the subscriptions giving this reason:

"Due to Indian bank law changes, we cannot process this order and must cancel this subscription"

This really sucks. You people MUST have informed about these things to all the Indian vendors so that they can make alternate arrangements.

PLIMUS.. I HATE YOU. NOT RECOMMENDED TO ANYBODY FOR ANY THING. THIS IS HIGHLY UN-PROFESSIONAL WAY OF DOING BUSINESS.

p.s to our clients, we are already in process of migrating you to our new billing system.

Smile CASH IS KING

Seems to be a worldwide Goverment Thing to ween us away from Cash and push us towards Cards. They can trace Card Transactions forever and tax us accordingly. Not so easy with Cash Transactions where they do not have control over nor know about it.
    CASH is KING (unfortunately not very practical to use when paying for Hosting Services or anything else online)
    Age Old Barter System was not bad either (I repair your Roof- your provide Webhosting) NO income Tax involved there.

Been using CCAVENUE since 2007, no problem so far though it is costly compared to other providers.
    LoopByte
    India Based Dedicated Servers, VPS & Hosting Services

RBI

On behalf of Plimus, we regret any issues the implementation of these RBI regulations may have caused for our vendors, but we can only act according to the laws. If you would like us to work with you on alternatives, please contact Vendor Support at Plimus and identify the issue as RBI / Master Card and Visa support and we will have one of our account managers work with you on determining some alternatives.