Cheating on certification exams

I gotta say this, does anyone have any idea how many people cheat on these things. Its not even funny. SO MANY people asking for brain dumps, which are answers to questions on the tests. People not just asking a lot, but getting pissed off when you tell them its wrong. Its just down right cheating, and they say "well I am studing also". I dont know, I just think these people deserve to fail and loose their money. Not only does it lower the prestige of the certification, but it also will leave a bad taste in employeers mouths if they hire someone who cheated that doesnt know their stuff, and they preform badly. Your thoughts?
    Chicago Electronic Cigarettes: Tobacco Free, Smoke Free. 3 E-Cig Models, 11 flavors, and accessories.
    http://www.chicago-ecigs.com

I once got caught cheating in 5th grade, and I will never do it again.
    hostVentura
    adam.ferree@gmail.com
    AIM: windsofnihility

I don't cheat. I just look off of other people's stuff to remind me of things.

Those certification exams don't prove anything btw, but that's something for another thread. In any case, cheating = bad karma. Helps in the short term, but ultimately screws you over.
    -Mooneer
    Thoughtbug Software: Hosting shouldn't require any thought.
    Legitimate host? Support the Code of Ethical Conduct

mind, tell that to a ccie
    Chicago Electronic Cigarettes: Tobacco Free, Smoke Free. 3 E-Cig Models, 11 flavors, and accessories.

brain dumps kick arse! I know I know I know.. It's kinda in a funny way sorta cheating but hey I got too much more inportant stuff to do like learn more *nix.. Windows is pretty simple when they is an issue just reboot

Don't worry about it... it's you against you. In the end, if you know your stuff and perform well without cheating, you will be the one who succeeds in the end.

You can cheat in the exams but not your employers/customers. You will get a great kick in your ass if you try to make shortcut methods.

I agree with floppy. People will know if you've cheeted in the end.

Cheating is bad.

I am a person that likes to learn and explore new things - cheating may help you pass something, but gets you no where.
    - Andy
    Free browser based game:
    http://www.critticage.com
    Play in your spare time!

cheat all you want but your only cheating yourself in the long run

Why cheat... what have you got to prove. Cheating doesn't benefit anybody, and certainly not yourself.

I'd rather get a lower mark knowing that I have got it honestly and have it be a true indication of my capabilities then to cheat and get a higher mark.

--Shaun
    Shaun Ewing
    shaun.net

heh, I had to reread my orig post, when people say "you" I keep thinking they are refering to me, so when someone says, you cheat you lose, fells like they talkin to me

LOL, those certification exams don't mean a thing, hardly worth the paper they are printed on...can't even wipe your azz with them.

All those people have cheated to get the magic MCSE letters.

Blame on the test takes, the cetification/diploma mills or Bill Gates himself, it's all a racket.

Originally posted by OKIHost
    brain dumps kick arse! I know I know I know.. It's kinda in a funny way sorta cheating but hey I got too much more inportant stuff to do like learn more *nix.. Windows is pretty simple when they is an issue just reboot
    If getting all of the correct answers to a test from someone else is "kinda in a funny way sorta cheating." what would someone have to do before they are really cheating?

I'm just trying to get handle on the current moral climate.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

Originally posted by JayC
    If getting all of the correct answers to a test from someone else is "kinda in a funny way sorta cheating." what would someone have to do before they are really cheating?

I'm just trying to get handle on the current moral climate.
    The Josephston Institute of Ethics did a survey not too long ago and found out that the majority of kids lie, cheat and steal. Not too comforting to know.
    -Mooneer

Originally posted by mind21_98

found out that the majority of kids lie, cheat and steal.
    Not to mention the majority of adults, especially if they are a politician or a major company's CEO

Originally posted by MilkMan

Not to mention the majority of adults, especially if they are a politician or a major company's CEO
    So what do we do?
    -Mooneer

LOL

The Josephston Institute of Ethics did a survey not too long ago and found out that the majority of kids lie, cheat and steal. Not too comforting to know.
    Shhh! Don't tell Ned

Anyway, I think it's not so much the majority of kids, but probably the majority of people.

We've all told a lie sometime in our life.
    I'm sure we've all taken a quick glance at somebody else's quiz paper.

I'm guilty of doing the first two at some stage in my life. As for the third - I've never stolen a thing in my life (and no, I'm not lying about it )

--Shaun
    Shaun Ewing
    shaun.net

Originally posted by shaunewing
    As for the third - I've never stolen a thing in my life (and no, I'm not lying about it )
    Willing to take a lie detector test then?
    -Mooneer

Willing to take a lie detector test then?
    They're not to be taken as evidence in court because they're inacurrate. People can register a false reading, etc.

But, if you are willing to fly me over to the USA to have one - sure

--Shaun
    Shaun Ewing
    shaun.net

They're not to be taken as evidence in court because they're inacurrate. People can register a false reading, etc.
    I didnt know that.

People who cheat must be taken to the court. Web hosting business is not for salesmen who can sell refrigerators to Eskimos. You have to be practical.

Originally posted by shaunewing
    People seem to use em way too often then.
    -Mooneer