Question What is a reasonable amount of time to wait for a response?

My web host has a place where you can open a ticket and a box to check if it is an emergency (site down / email down).
    I am on my second day with no response. The ticket has not been assigned a support person.
    I have left messages on all the available voice mails (billing, support, sales).
    Anyone (customer) who tries to send me an email gets it back "host unknown"
    Should I be concerned? If yes, what would you do next?
    Thank you for your help.

i'd say a good support ticket would be corrected within a few hours max. Maybe there is only one support guy,a nd he's not in front of a computer right now or something

the host unknown issue may be a cpanel issue. I had that on one of my servers. I'd submit another ticket and ask for help again
    Joe
    www.DollarWebHosting.Biz
    |:| Shared |:| Reseller |:| Dedicated |:|

If you are paying your money's worth for a good host you should probably expect responses in 12 hours or less. If you're paying for "unlimited" type of hosting or something extremely cheap (ex. 10 GB space, 100 GB transfer, $1/mo. , i'd wait a few years before they notice your question.

If your host hasn't responded to a support ticket, whether it's an emergency ticket or not, in over a day, then you should be concerned.

How long have you been with them and how long has your domain name been registered?

Originally posted by blue27
    If your host hasn't responded to a support ticket, whether it's an emergency ticket or not, in over a day, then you should be concerned.

How long have you been with them and how long has your domain name been registered?
    They have changed hands a few times. I have had my domain name for 4 years or so. Should I post the domain name?

My domain name expired.
    Should I get an email or something to alert me to this?
    Sorry for the dumb questions.

Depends on your registrar and who the contacts are on your domain. Call your registrar RIGHT NOW and renew it immediately. They will typically give you a grace period before it goes back on the market.

Regards,
    Jason
    http://www.charlottezweb.com
    HOSTING your livelihood

I'd say around 12-24 hours should be the response time or earlier, anymore then that is just crazy.

"is an emergency (site down / email down)" I think reply within 1- 2 hours max

other time's within one day Max

if you did't get reply , then good luck for your host

Originally posted by BuckeyeMCS
    My domain name expired.
    Should I get an email or something to alert me to this?
    Sorry for the dumb questions.

That is why the emails are bouncing.

Did you get the domain through your hosting provider or with a third party provider?

Either way, you should have gotten email alerts.

Hosting Providers Today In my opinions use Telephone Support, Wether there's 1guy or 90000000people. Telephone has gone very cheap, and is pleasent to most Clients,, Won't you agree?

Hosting Providers Today In my opinions use Telephone Support, Wether there's 1guy or 90000000people. Telephone has gone very cheap, and is pleasent to most Clients,, Won't you agree?

Originally posted by blue27
    That is why the emails are bouncing.

Did you get the domain through your hosting provider or with a third party provider?

Either way, you should have gotten email alerts.
    I renewed the domain from my host.
    Bulkregister tried to send me an email to an old email address.
    My host did nothing...
    I think it is time to move on. Service is bad customer support is a voice mail system. Really quite frustrating.