Credit card processing with 85% chargeback rate

Are there any credit card processors that will accept an 85% chargeback rate? 60 day hold on the funds is fine.
      0 Not allowed!

I doubt it, that type of percentage seems like it would get the processor into as much trouble as whoever is getting those charge backs. The fees alone seem like it would toss someone under water =\
    hostingcove.com | Tennessee Based Hosting Provider.
    cPanel Shared & Reseller Hosting - Domain Names
    Join thousands of happy customers. Secure & Stable
    HeroicVPS Premium KVM VPS. Ashburn / Phoenix
      0 Not allowed!

My service is targetted at children, who often buy with their parent's credit card without their permission, with a chargeback rate of 70-90%. Is there no one that can process this?
      0 Not allowed!

I often wondered what the charge back is like to a large mobile game provider.. so easy for kids to buy virtual items from a mobile phone and then leave the parents in shock.

Perhaps use someone like Maxmind who will verify via phone for 0.20 cents. That could eliminate alot of the problems without having to pay a huge premium on fees.
    hostingcove.com | Tennessee Based Hosting Provider.
    cPanel Shared & Reseller Hosting - Domain Names
    Join thousands of happy customers. Secure & Stable
    HeroicVPS Premium KVM VPS. Ashburn / Phoenix
      0 Not allowed!

You can check Jumio.com - they claim to prevent chargebacks by turning the transaction to a "card present" type - the customer has to show their card to a webcam to complete the payment, and they are shooting video of the card and then analyzing it. I haven't tried them myself, but maybe it is worth checking them.
    What is your average transaction amount actually? If it is something small you can also try "pay by sms" services, but they take very very high commission.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by rds100 View Post
    You can check Jumio.com - they claim to prevent chargebacks by turning the transaction to a "card present" type - the customer has to show their card to a webcam to complete the payment, and they are shooting video of the card and then analyzing it. I haven't tried them myself, but maybe it is worth checking them.
    What is your average transaction amount actually? If it is something small you can also try "pay by sms" services, but they take very very high commission.
    Average amount $200, volume $50,000 - $80,000 per month. I'll look at jumio.What if the customer doesn't have a cam though?
      0 Not allowed!

What is the average transaction amount?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by n!ghtmare View Post
    Average amount $200, volume $50,000 - $80,000 per month. I'll look at jumio.What if the customer doesn't have a cam though?
    $200 is a lot, no wonder the parents don't like it.

Everyone has a cam these days, especially kids AFAIK jumio still offers the option to pay the old fashioned way (i.e. by typing the credit card information), not sure if you can disable this or not.
      0 Not allowed!

Key problem with that big chargeback precentage is that issuers do not allow it, so I doubt you will find any processor who will say ok to that number.
    NMSERVERS - managed hosting, administration, performance analysis and system security services
      0 Not allowed!

Short answer: No. Chargebacks above 2-3% throw up all sorts of red flags and fines for everyone involved.

If you have a legitimate business and have an 85% chargeback rate, you're doing something wrong -- be it marketing to the wrong audience or insufficient controls during the payment process. Maybe you need to incorporate some ID verification functionality from one or more credit bureaus -- somewhat costly but cheaper than your 85% chargeback rate. Maybe use a card registration process with a lengthy "we got you by the short hairs" contract acceptance -- similar to Paypal (which BTW is very cardholder unfriendly -- but people accept it anyway).
    --Steve (blog)

Shift4 Corporation -- Secure payment processing
      0 Not allowed!

Can you enable Verify by Visa or Mastercard Securecode? Using that and phone verification should stop a majority of your chargebacks. Like others have said, getting that many chargebacks means your doing something wrong.

Isn't it costing you a lot in fees? You would think you would want to reduce the chargebacks, not change the merchant.
      0 Not allowed!

One additional note -- at an 85% chargeback rate, I'm really surprised the merchant is still in business. The fees for the 85% is probably almost entirely eating up any profits from the remaining 15%. If the average ticket is $200, and your discount rate is 3% (which I would not be surprised if it were higher), that means the average ticket is costing you $6 and some change. These fees you don't get back when the chargeback occurs. In fact, you're probably getting more fees tacked on. I've seen several MSP's charge $20 per chargeback request -- win or lose.
      0 Not allowed!

It's ridiculous to even be talking about a merchant account for a merchant with an 85% chargeback rate. Not going to happen. Ever. Anywhere. Period.
      0 Not allowed!

Should probably do a Verified by Visa and/or combined with a phone call to the buyer to verify their age. That way you can void the charge if done without parental permission.
    John Rasri
    Private Label Live Chat Provider For Resellers
    GotLiveChat.com
    White Label/Brand-able live chat software solutions
      0 Not allowed!

My service is targetted at children, who often buy with their parent's credit card without their permission, with a chargeback rate of 70-90%. Is there no one that can process this?
    This is illegal and you are required to give such money back.Childeren cannot buy anything online unless with permission from there parents or legal guardian.By the way you are also not permitted to ask or store any private information about minagers and you must follow coppa(Childeren online privacy protection act. http://www.coppa.org
      0 Not allowed!

When I read this, my first thoughts were - Yipes, I can't believe he's telling the world he's doing this. You won't find anyone that will do this legally.
    ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On-site Engineers
      0 Not allowed!

This has to be a troll / fake post. Was that posted on April's fools day by any chance?
    David Goodale
    Merchant Accounts.ca
    Canada's merchant account provider.
    Toll free: (888) 414-7111 ext. 5 | Direct: (905) 901-2254
      0 Not allowed!

I think perhaps he used the wrong wording there. Probably what he is getting at is that his service by nature is more attractive to the younger generation who use their parents cards and of course it ends up getting charged back in a significant number of cases.

Could be wrong though
      0 Not allowed!