Suggest good host please

I'm looking for a decent and not to expensive dedicated server, with atleast 500 GB bandwidth and a decent support. Everything exept resellers is exeptable ... I would really appreciate a good advice from people that have experience with dedicated servers, becouse i'm switching from shared one for the first time. So what companies offer decent uptime and support for a good price ? What should I be careful about ?

There are plenty of companies that could offer you what you seek. I would suggest going with something managed as this is your first time on a dedicated server.

There are alot of things to be careful of in this business. Besides the usual security and technical issues the most important thing for you to look at right now when choosing a company is things like how long have they been in business, Are they an actual 'company' and not just some kids playing around? Do they have good reviews here on WHT and other places? Just doing a simple google search usually yields plenty of info.. But the point is don't choose the first host you come across. Make sure you do your homework now to avoid problems later. If they are a good host it will show by the way they have conducted themselves over the course of time, And if they are a bad host this will show even more..

The next biggest mistake I see new server owners make is choosing a host based on price as the main concern. Sure price is always a factor but what is the point of saving a few bucks if your server is constantly down or you have to wait for your 'host' to get home from school to answer your support ticket? Either one of those is not a good scenario and is an ever growing problem in this business..

So good luck and choose wisely!

A managed server would be your best solution.
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 10-15-2005 at 06:32 AM.

What are you hosting exactly? It sounds like besides the bandwith requirement you would be better off on a managed VPS.
    Regards,
    datruesurfer

My current host sais that my website used more then 30% of cpu on shared server and that I would have to go. I have a website thats based on wordpress and coppermine gallery (both with ~ 2MB mysql db). It has 4500-5000 visitors per day (with avarage 12 pageviews per visit) and 7-9 GB bandwidth daily. Is that for VPS or dedicated ?

Thats dedicated. I don't see anything wrong with resellers, especially ones of LayeredTech. They usually add in management with the boxes they sell while getting a discount from LT on the boxes.

A low-end p4 or a celeron would probably suit you just fine.
    GeeksGather - Undergoing redevelopment. Stand by.