Lightbulb jimrepairs.com ?

Hi all,

I've recently registered this domain by mistake for one of my customers..I mistyped it into jim instead of jm..
    so now I wanna sell this one..how much could this get?

Thanks
    Caro.Net: Support is everything
    Offering High Quality Dedicated Servers.

That used to be a large fear of mine when domains were $35/yr, but now at 7-9$, it's a lot easier to eat the loss.

Might want to try on ebay and see - but I doubt it would sell.

-WC-

Unless you find a company named jmrepairs

Nothing.

You might search for such a company and offer it to them. For instance, there is a JM Sewing Machine Repairs located in Malta.

JM or Jim

Incognito, I guess nightscream is looking more for a Jim instead of a J.M.

WildCard, jimrepairs.com was probably registered at some $35 a year.

nightscream, either JMrepairs.com or JMRepair.com is NOT yet registered?!
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

well, dotregistrar charges $20 for a 1 domain value pack. So I guess that's the max he paid. Cheaper if he bought in bulk.

Register that domain for your customer before some unscrupulous person here does!

-WC-

Find Jim

WildCard, you're right. jimrepairs.com is registered with dotregistrar, so
    nightscream probably won't need to be exploited by the registrars which charge the highest price in the industry and yet provide the worst services on earth.

nightscream, for some $20, I guess my suggestion would be to find a friend called Jim (hey, it's a common name; remember the blockhead who lived a block down the road and went to the same high school as you?), persuade him to quit his accountant job and work as a handyman instead, then give him the name.

Okay, let's get down to business. Jim is a common name (as said), so it won't be VERY difficult to find. Do a search on Google with "Jim Repairs" or "Jim's Repairs".
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

If the $20 isn't that big a deal, I would just put a 'for sale' page on the domain and just let it expire in a year. If someone contacts you, great - if not, oh well. Then you aren't wasting time that would be better used to make money your normal way.

-WC-

(next time, get your domain from someplace that sells them for under $10. No reason to pay more than that, seems you get much worse service the more you pay..)

Hi All

The domain wasn't expensive, it's just that it's my first mistake of the kind..no one blamed me for it..it was ok..

I guess I'll be searching my address book for the Jims I know! hope I get lucky..

hehe...can't I put an ad in the hosting requests for a Jim?

hey Nightscream, did you register the right domain yet? Someone mentioned that the domain was still available- the one that your customer really wanted.

Check into it man!
    -WC-

Friends don't let friends drink and register

Originally posted by WildCard
    hey Nightscream, did you register the right domain yet? Someone mentioned that the domain was still available- the one that your customer really wanted.

Check into it man!
    -WC-

Thanks WildCard, the guy has already chosen another domain

TC, your me7.com really sold high, eh? Did you even think it would break 50$.

Domain market is a funny one...
    -WC-

Let's just say eBay sales do not represent the true potential of 3-char domains.

yeah, I figured. You make it up somewhat with the s/h fee I imagine - and you get exposure to your website. You get a lot of newbs complaining about the extra fee?

-WC-

Lot's of Jims

Lot's of Jims out there repairing and most have considerably poorer domain names.

I agree, but it sounds like a typo.

Maybe if you got jimsrepair.com and sold them as a combo - make it look like you meant to get both incase end-user makes a typo - might get more cash for being smart and planning ahead.

But then again, most mechanics aren't going to have one idea what you are talking about, since they know mechanics and don't know computers.

Worth thinking about though.

-WC-

see? plenty of Jim's repairs. Might go out on a limb and register jimsrepairs.com if you are going to try to sell the one you have too. Go thru a cheaper registrar though, $20/year/domain is so ancient.

-WC-