Any host have FFmpeg installed for shared account

Is it possible to find a hosting company that has FFmpeg install on your server for a shared account? If you know any company, please let me know. Thanks.

Hello Baxao

With the proliferation of youtube clones ffmpeg and that kind of software is very comon this days.
    What are your hosting needs other than ffmpeg? space? bandwidth? Any control panel of preference?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito
    Hello Baxao

With the proliferation of youtube clones ffmpeg and that kind of software is very comon this days.
    What are your hosting needs other than ffmpeg? space? bandwidth? Any control panel of preference?
    I forgot. Thanks I also need the following:
    * Apache version 1.3.36 (Unix)
    * PHP version 4.4.4 (at least)
    * MySQL version 4.1.21-standa (at least)
    * "open_basedir" turned "OFF". As for the following:
    - safe mode
    - register_globals
    - magic_quotes_runtime
    * I am using Hostgator with 100G space & 1000G bandwidth for $10.
    * At least 5 domain names hosting
    * The host will have both VSP & dedicate because I will need to upgrade soon.
    * I have not used any control panel beside Cpanel. I guess I can try other control panel if I have to. It is very important.
    Last edited by baxao; 12-22-2006 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baxao
    * I am using Hostgator with 100G space & 1000G bandwidth for $10.
    What are your actual needs for space/bandwidth? 100G/1TB for $10 is simply unrealistic, even if some companies do claim to offer it.

Quote Originally Posted by YetiHost-Wullie
    What are your actual needs for space/bandwidth? 100G/1TB for $10 is simply unrealistic, even if some companies do claim to offer it.
    You're right about that. I just wrote down what gatorhost lists on their site for my account (see the link below of baby account). Hostgator has shut me down in the past for cpu usage so 100G/1TB is unrealistic. However my site was shutdown for 6 months so I don't that much of traffic now. That's the reason I indicate that I need the hosting that has VSP and dedicate server so I can upgrade later.

http://www.hostgator.com/shared.shtml
    Last edited by baxao; 12-22-2006 at 05:18 PM.

Last time i checked out hostgator. They had good plans. Now they are overselling there asses off. But guess what most people of sign up for webhosting are just ignorant. They want more of everything.

www.cirtexhosting.com has ffmpeg shared accounts as well.
    Dave

* "open_basedir" turned "OFF". As for the following:
    I'd be very careful with hosts who don't have openbasedir protection disabled on any of their shared hosting accounts. However, would will be able to enable access to the directory your require, without compromising much security.

Mini

Quote Originally Posted by Mini
    I'd be very careful with hosts who don't have openbasedir protection disabled on any of their shared hosting accounts. However, would will be able to enable access to the directory your require, without compromising much security.

Mini
    By default most hosts do have it on but users who require it to be turned off can simply use .htaccess to do so.

Cheers
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Boostboards,
    I am kinda new at the ffmpeg thing. How can I tell if a host has ffmpeg? If they list "Real Streaming Media Support"? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostBoards
    www.cirtexhosting.com has ffmpeg shared accounts as well.

Boostboards,
    I am kinda new at the ffmpeg thing. How can I tell if a host has ffmpeg? If they list "Real Streaming Media Support"? Thanks.
    You could always ask.

Hi

LucnetSolutions.com do ffmpeg shared hosting

Benji

Boostboards,
    Just take a look on their feature list, if they offer ffmpeg, it should be noted, for example, ffmpeg and ffmpeg-php both to be offered and so on.

Also note to use ffmpeg you will need shell access, but if host also offers ffmpeg-php, then you can access ffmpeg by running commands to convert videos so on via a php file.

Cheers
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

I think you can install it by yourself, if the host doesn't have it.
    I've made one click ffmpeg installation script for someone using FreeBSD based host.
    It wasn't difficult at all compared to LaTex package for MediaWiki.
    (That host didn't have ssh. So, everything was done via simple shell script.)

Note:

You can use lots of resources with video and sound processing,
    and you should be careful using ffmpeg or other scripts handling big data.