Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

* cPanel VPS Licence for $15?

https://ordernow.serverorders.net/se...tail.php?id=28

I just came across this on another forum. Do you think its legit?

As its for vps only, it would seem legit.
    Three out of four people make up 75 percent of the population

Yup thats in line with what people pay for External C-Panel VPS licenes

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com

Pretty insane ain't it?

It is very much legit..

Why wouldn't it be? There's nothing unusual with it.
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Including an RSS feed that you can syndicate!
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Unlimited vs. Unmetered bandwidth

What diddnt make sense, is how do they know whether the licence will be used on a VDS/VPS or a dedicated server? Is there somthing built into latest.sh to check?

Yea, shouldn't it be able to be used on any server?

They restrict the license to a single IP address. I think it can be used on a server.

cPanel VPS license costs $7/month actually So those guys are making a decent profit on each of those VPS licenses. Those rates are from the cPanel NOC agreement we have signed.

cPanel for servers is more expensive. between $15/month to $35/month depending on your volume.
    init.me - Build, Share & Embed

JodoHost.com - Windows VPS Hosting, ASP.NET and SQL Server Hosting
    8th year in Business, 200+ Servers. Microsoft Gold Certified Partner

There are several things that can be used on a Virtuozzo server to 'fingerprint' and determine that it is actually a VPS. It would be my guess that cPanel has added code to check some of these, I'm unsure of how this might work on UML/Xen though. We definitely have VPS accounts with more than one active IP that are using cPanel though.
    Spry Virtual Server/VPS Hosting
    Linux Dedicated Resource Virtual Servers, Virtual Private Servers, WHM / cPanel Licensing
    VPSLink Cheap VPS XEN and OpenVZ
    CentOS, Fedora, Gentoo, Debian, Ubuntu, Slackware, cPanel, DirectAdmin, HostInABox, LAMP, Ruby pre-installed

cPanel VPS license costs $6/month actually

Big guys don't air their costs in public places.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

Well, the information I stated is something freely available and can be known if you request information on cPanel's NOC agreement.

I believe its good for consumers to know what licensing fees hosts pay for the software they get. The more information consumers have, the better decisions they can make and the better it is for the industry.

Originally posted by Yash (JodoHost)
    Well, the information I stated is something freely available and can be known if you request information on cPanel's NOC agreement.
    I don't believe CPanel licesing cost is freely available. Let those who need to know contact CPanel and fill out the NOC agreement to get the pricing.

I believe its good for consumers to know what licensing fees hosts pay for the software they get. The more information consumers have, the better decisions they can make and the better it is for the industry.
    Yes, and perhaps you can also disclose what you pay to your upstream provider, your colo provider, etc to assist customer in making their decision.

Again, big guys don't air their costs to the public. I can understand it if somebody else mentione their CPanel licensing cost, but from you? That one did surprise me.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

Dave, your concern is unjustified.

cPanel will give you this information without signing anything. Microsoft will give you licensing information on their products without signing anything.

I come here to share my knowledge with other WHT members. I have frequently stated what prices are paid under the SPLA for SQL Server or Windows which is something you can freely obtain from Microsoft as well. I have frequently helped hosts or people out here with queries related to MS licensing or with even windows server related issues.

cPanel licensing is something you can freely obtain from cPanel, whether you are a consumer or host. FYI, we do not sell cPanel nor have any cPanel servers.

My motive for stating the cPanel price for VPS was because the original poster asked whether it was possible for them to offer cPanel VPS at $15/month. Yes it is indeed possible was what I wanted to say.

I was not referring to upstream rates or colo rates. But yes, knowing what servers cost, what licensing rates host pay, a general idea on bandwidth rates, etc. allow a consumer to know what a host can offer profitably and what a host cannot offer without overselling.
    Last edited by Yash-JH; 03-24-2005 at 05:01 AM.

Since prices are already stated in public, just so customers do not think providers are ripping them off...

$15/mo is the cPanel external price
    $7/mo is if you are a partner NOC and you must purchase at least 20 licenses
    $6/mo is if you are a partner NOC and you have over 200 licenses
    Matt Ayres - togglebox.com
    Linux and Windows Cloud Virtual Datacenters powered by Onapp / Xen
    Instant Setup, Instant Scalability, Full Lifecycle Hosting Solutions

www.togglebox.com

Hello:

Wanted to jump in the conversation since this post generated some new business and orders for us. When ordering a license from FastServers.net, be prepared to allow us to login to your server to verify VPS software is running. The exception to this rule is if your IP address traces back to a company offering VPS hosting solutions.

We have had a few licenses coming through that are not VPS servers, and this is direct violation of our contract with Darkorb.
    Aaron Phillips
    Chief Marketing Officer
    www.monarx.com

I believe some people have access to them at $5/mo...

Dan
    █ Dan Kitchen | Technical Director | Razorblue
    █ ddi: (+44) (0)1748 900 680 | e: dkitchen@razorblue.com
    █ UK Intensive Managed Hosting, Clusters and Colocation.
    █ HP Servers, Cisco/Juniper Powered BGP Network (AS15692).

Originally posted by ap_surge
    Hello:

Wanted to jump in the conversation since this post generated some new business and orders for us. When ordering a license from FastServers.net, be prepared to allow us to login to your server to verify VPS software is running. The exception to this rule is if your IP address traces back to a company offering VPS hosting solutions.

We have had a few licenses coming through that are not VPS servers, and this is direct violation of our contract with Darkorb.
    Thanks for clearing that up

CPANEL External

Im looking for an External CPANEL License, so if you got a good deal for a Single license non VPS please quote me a price.
    Tim

Re: CPANEL External

Originally posted by wowtim
    Im looking for an External CPANEL License, so if you got a good deal for a Single license non VPS please quote me a price.
    Tim
    Externally they cost about $50/mth or $400/yr from cpanel.net

Originally posted by FHDave
    I don't believe CPanel licesing cost is freely available. Let those who need to know contact CPanel and fill out the NOC agreement to get the pricing.

Yes, and perhaps you can also disclose what you pay to your upstream provider, your colo provider, etc to assist customer in making their decision.

Again, big guys don't air their costs to the public. I can understand it if somebody else mentione their CPanel licensing cost, but from you? That one did surprise me.
    whats teh big deal? it isnt a trademarked secret.

the thing is, try getting decent support from cpanel. you usually end up getting it from the noc. for the extra 5 dollars it is worth it.
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

My server is at Liquidweb, where can i get a cheap cpanel vps license for it? Im putting a a vps on a dedicated server of mine so i can get a cheap cpanel license for the 3 sites im going to run on it. LW will only lease me a regular license and that would be an extra $35 per month. Do you know of any good places that do the external cpanel vps licenses for as cheap as you guys keep talking about. There are a lot of $ amounts being thrown around in this thread, but no links to actually get them.

The link right at the beginning of this thread will take you to a cPanel VPS license for $15.

Liam
    BritHostNetwork.com
    Very competitive Shared and Reseller Hosting!

Offsite daily backups | cPanel/WHM/Fantastico
    Now offering VPS!

LOL, i guess i am blind. Any chance on any of those sub $10 ones? =P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast