Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

need some comments on these webhosts...

net-expressions dot net

they have really really very cheap prices, but are they for real?

jc-host dot com

another dirt cheap webhost, comments?

x1services dot com

seems normal, quite cheap prices. comments?

reyox dot net

this one looks fine? comments?

thank you guys

there's one more,

ixwebhosting dot com

how is it?

what is bad about net-expressions? i mean any like specific events? because for their pricing, i don't expect them to be that good either.

and any good ones to recommend?

Do a search in WHT, and see what you get.
    Good luck

one more webby, sorry

fastom dot net

how is it?

ok, just exceeded 5 post, fastom

net-expressions.net
    jc-host.com
    x1services.com
    reyox.net
    ixwebhsoting.com

Hi hafio,

I had a look at the 5 web hosts your interested in and have a few points about them you might want to know.

net-expressions.net
    They are hosted on theplanet servers and offer high bandwidth for extremely cheap. Although they are on a decent network I think they would probably oversell alot on their servers. Their website isn't too attractive at first look and their dedicated servers are just reselling of layeredtech.com servers, 3 times the price with little extra features.

jc-host.com
    These guys seem to have just recently merged with lnhost.com and given their customers little notice but on their website. This leaves little in my mind that they are very small and under manned. lnhost.com's TOS leaves alot to be desired also. They say they can delete your account without any notice and they do not offer any refunds at anytime even on pre-paid in advance solutions. They run on a small network which I have heard nothing about before but their providers website contains many broken links, never a good sign.

x1services.com
    Are on the ev1.net network. My first impression was, where are the prices? They force you to enter domain and payment details before showing you their prices, this sounds quite odd to me and I wouldn't touch them.

reyox.net
    Offer some very high bandwidth plans, obvious overselling. Their servers seem pretty good and unlike the others listed above, their website is set out nicely. Their prices beat LunarPages (don't know how). The only other thing that concerned me is their service provider is not easily tracked. I never like that personally.

ixwebhosting.com
    Nice site, have a toll-free number which is always promising. Live chat, lots of gaurentees, too good to be true for the prices? Thats up to you. Services seem impressive, they are on ev1servers.net network and offer alot lower bandwidth than the other hosts listed. They seem like the largest company out of the 5 and have what seems to be a good track record! The only thing I found strange was they they said they host their own datacenter in Hopkinsville, KY, while their website is on ev1servers.net network, would want to ask them about that also.

Overall I would suggest you email each website with the same message asking the same questions and send it at the same time. Test the respones times and their detail in response. Try out the toll free numbers but prepare specific questions before you start.

Don't rush into it, make sure you get a flexible host that can cater for your needs now, and for the future. Good luck!

Regards,

Alex Clifford
    Chewy Network Admin
    Chewy Network Web Hosting
    Very affordable, high bandwidth web hosting, 24/7 Support included.

sales@chewynetwork.com for enquires about our services!

ah, thank you very much for the information. help alot. thanks

Welcome, come back in 2 months or so and give us a review of your newly chosen host

Regards,
    <<Signature to be setup in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 08-09-2004 at 06:47 AM.
    Chewy Network Web Hosting
    Very affordable, high bandwidth web hosting, 24/7 Support included.

sales@chewynetwork.com for enquires about our services!

a few more sites i found interesting with good values, i guess

http://www.ebghosting.eclipse-business.com

http://www.nbmultimedia.com

both of them seems great with value for price.
    thanks alot guys

sorry, one more website to add,

www.riothost.com

how is it?

can't any much good host so far.

Your best bet is to find one you are interested in then search these forums first. If it is reliable host that has been around for a while you will most likely find reviews here as well as information needed for you to make your choice.

We can give you all the feedback but its your choice. Also most of them I have never heard of ,so where do you find all these hosts?

host search, most of them from there and some from search engines. but i realise that search engines often give bad webhost eh

Hello,
    Thank you for taking interest in our site.

I'm not going to spout off any propoganda here in risk of some calling it advertising, but I did want to clear up that we dont actually require you to enter you domain to get the prices. You actually have to select a plan (which lists the price) before even getting the chance to enter the domain.

Thank you greatly for your time.
    Very Respectfully,
    Darin
    Virtuozzo/OpenVZ VPS Management | Reseller | VPS | Dedicated Service Provider
    http://www.x1services.com/ Contact Us: sales@x1services.com
    Comming Soon: CircaControl! The Virtuozzo/OpenVZ Control Panel

settled

ok guys, time for my reply. i settled with ebghosting.com

they are ok so far, support gets answered within 6 hours. the only thing i see so far is the small bug they claim in cpanel. i am not so sure about it but the actual disk space usage and free disk space is not displayed accurately. they said that they are trying to solve it. not sure about it. other than that, they offer good support etc. can say that i am happy with them.

6 hours? heh thats an entire school day

what i meant was max 6 hours. and i don't live in the states, so there's a huge difference in time zone. 6 hours might seems alot to some of you guys, but i am satisfied with it.

Relax

As long as you are impressed with the service, and it meets your needs that is all that matters.

Originally posted by CWSO

x1services.com
    Are on the ev1.net network. My first impression was, where are the prices? They force you to enter domain and payment details before showing you their prices, this sounds quite odd to me and I wouldn't touch them.

their price list can be found here (for cpanel) http://www.x1services.com/reseller.shtml

And no it does not require you to enter any kind of domains etc

Hmmm....

Net-expressions.net offers Unlimited bandwidth/space reseller accounts.

Goodbye $100/month server fees!!! I'm moving all of my resource-hogging clients over to their unlimited reseller plan. If Net-expressions.net is for-real before I move my clients over, it won't be for-real for long!!!

Seriously, don't trust hosts that offer unlimited reseller accounts. It just takes one client to shut them down.
    If the bigger hosts are fancy French restaurants, consider my service the friendly small-town diner.
    HostMidwest.com- you deserve honest, helpful, and reliable service!

Originally posted by HostMidwest
    Hmmm....

Seriously, don't trust hosts that offer unlimited reseller accounts. It just takes one client to shut them down.
    Good advice! Thanks for the reality check. I'm currently shopping and am suffering from greed (wanting everything for nothing) syndrom. As my papa always said, "if it seems too good to be true, then they're lying!" He also said that "if at first you don't suceed, use a larger hammer!"

Agreed. Unlimited can always be loosely translated as 'limited'.
    nativespace
    Award Winning UK Hosting Since 2001
    64-bit 8-Core HP Servers, UK cPanel Hosting - Awards & Customer Testimonials >>>

reyox.net
    Offer some very high bandwidth plans, obvious overselling. Their servers seem pretty good and unlike the others listed above, their website is set out nicely. Their prices beat LunarPages (don't know how). The only other thing that concerned me is their service provider is not easily tracked. I never like that personally.
    Actually, it was very easy discover that the IP block they use is owned by FDN Communications. That seems like a rather arbitrary qualifier though.

ixwebhosting.com
    The only thing I found strange was they they said they host their own datacenter in Hopkinsville, KY, while their website is on ev1servers.net network, would want to ask them about that also.

Lots of possible reasons for that, one that comes to mind immediately is redundancy.

What if the datacenter loses all connectivity (rare but does happen). At least they would still have their main site up for support and info. And if ev1 goes down? Simply reroute NS to their center.

IXWEBHOSTING -- BEWARE

We run a web development company that also manages about 30 of our clients through our host. We recently moved over to IXWEBHOSTING when our previous host went out of business. IXWEBHOSTING was very helpful at first, answering any questions we had promptly.

That was then...

Now, two months later we've noticed certain patterns. The host seems to go down (either mail, web or sometimes both) without notice in the middle of the day (it's happened 6 times in two months). The problem really comes in when when we are trying to find out what's going on, since we have to answer to our clients who are running their business (just like us) off the IXWEBHOSTING servers. When you contact IXWEBHOSTING through Live Chat you get a different name every single time, we're thinking that they're randomly generating the name or that the "Live Chat" isn't in any way affiliated with IXWEBHOSTING, and that it's a call center type organization supplied by LivePerson. Whatever the case, they have never had anything but a canned response to any question we've had. For example... Yesterday when the mail went down for 5 hours in the middle of the afternoon (from 12pm - 5pm on a Thursday) I needed to find out when the mail was going to be repaired and whether mail was bouncing or they were caching it and it would be delivered later, simple request right? Here's the LiveChat response (by the way this was the second time we'd contacted them, the time prior was 3 hours before this one):

START CHAT
    Please wait for a site operator to respond.
    All operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.
    All operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.
    (10 minutes later)
    You are now chatting with 'Doug Kanter'
    Doug Kanter: Hello, how may I help you today?
    you: Hi, What's going on with the email?
    Doug Kanter: Please provide me your domain name
    you: ---------------- (cannot post domain)
    Doug Kanter: Please hold on let me check
    Doug Kanter: Our System administrators are working on the problem
    Doug Kanter: Sorry for the inconvienece
    you: Thats great, but it's been down for several hours now... I'd like to know if the mail that i'm supposed to be receiving is getting cached, and when it will be fixed?
    Doug Kanter: It will be resolved soon
    you: what about the mail?
    Doug Kanter: Will fix it as soon as possible
    you: Do I need to call in to get an answer?
    Doug Kanter: Please check after one hour
    you: This is us checking... Do you actually work at IX or are you a 3rd party service?
    Doug Kanter: We work for ixwebhosting.
    you: so you're not actually at IX...ok... which means that you really don't have any answers.
    Doug Kanter: I am at IX and i am the employee of IX
    you: I'm not trying to be rude, but we are running a business and just would like a few simple honest answers. We have waited patiently all afternoon for our email to come back. Now who can give me an honest answer?
    Doug Kanter: Your problem will be fixed with in an hour
    Doug Kanter: Our Administrators are working on the problem.
    Doug Kanter: We are really sorry for the incoveinece caused
    you: Ok, so since you're there and talking to the administrators i'm going to take your word for it. However, I'm logging our chat and will be extremely angry if this is not the case. I just want a truthful answer.
    you: thank you for apologizing, but that doesn't do anything for my business.
    END CHAT

The good thing is: The mail was back up within an hour...
    The bad thing is: It wasn't cached, all the mail for us and all of our clients was lost for all of Thursday afternoon.

So on Friday I called up to find out what happened so I can tell all of our clients.

I spoke with a representative in support who told me there was no problem. I asked him if all of the mail that was supposed to be delivered the previous day had been cached or if it was bounced. He said he couldn't tell us that because if there was a problem it was with the senders mail host that was sending the mail and "he couldn't go and look at every single mail host" (obviously this is ridiculous) so I asked to speak with his manager.

He put me on hold and came back and said his manager was busy and he'd have to take my number. I told him I would wait, he refused and said he needed to get my number. So I gave him my number and he hung up on me. So I called back, he answered again (how is it they have an unlimited number of LiveChat support but only 1 phone support person?). I told him that I would hold until a manager would speak with me...

so I held... and held... and held. Finally he came back on and said he'd transfer me to the manager. So I held... and held... Finally... the "manager" came on. I asked his name, he said Dustin... I asked his last name, he said he doesn't give out that information. So I told him about the mail outtage and that I needed to know what happened and if the mail was cached or not. He told me there was not problem the prior day and it must have been a problem with my connection. I told him we spoke with them yesterday and they told us there was a problem (but not what) and they were fixing it. He assured me that nothing happend the prior day and the mail host was only down for 2 minutes (???). So I asked to speak to his Manager because I wasn't getting a straight answer. He told me he was THE manager. So I asked who HIS boss was. He said HE was his boss. So I asked who was the owner/president of the company. He said he didn't know since they were a privately held company. After that I said that we would have to move our account elsewhere if I couldn't get a straight answer and his reply was "GOOD".

Now, we're running about 30 domains off of IXWEBHOSTING... and if they don't care if we have a problem, what about all those people just running 1 domain?

Right now we are in the process of trying to locate another host that cares about their clients. We understand that there will be problems, and that they can't control every possible situation... But don't treat us badly when there is. WE PAY FOR A SERVICE, WE DON'T PAY TO BE BELITTLED AND LIED TO.

When you really start to look into IXWEBHOSTING you'll find a lot of suspicious inconsistencies. Noteably: There's no names anywhere about who owns, runs, or supports this company. Which means no one is liable when a problem occurs. They claim to be an "Award winning" hosting company (they also claim 99.9% uptime), and you'll find sites that claim them as the #1 host, all of these sites were likely put up by IXWEBHOSTING. If you look at the site you'll find nothing but stock photos of their building and data centers. You dig a little deeper and find they are a subsidary of the Ecommerce Corporation (first name dot com)... if you look there you will find that they are a company based in Austria. And all roads lead to a dead end at that point, except for a snail mail address.

So here's what it comes down to...

It's your money, you've heard the stories... spend it wisely with someone who's going to value you as a customer. If you want to risk your business to a company who doesn't actually take any responsibility for their actions: This is the hosting company for you... Otherwise, I would recommend against hosting with IXWEBHOSTING.

back from the dead

hello. the last post was like in 2004, just wanna do a update on my status now. currently hosted with www.pxtek.com . so far so good. they gave me great support, and matches my request every single time (like changing to a faster server, adding scripts, updating softwares etc.) it might not be the best in the market but i will recommend them. i am very satisfied with what they provided me so far. (prices are abit high though) every penny's worthed i guess. could take a look if you guys are into quality hosting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast