Can someone deposit a check for you with no signature?

The check is from the same bank and they know my friend already. It's not a check from the bank itself it's a check from a company that uses the same bank as me.

Someone told me this can be done if you put all the money in the bank but i i don't think so.

Without the signature on the check, it is not legally binding at all.
    Follow me on Twitter: @talkgamer
    Checkout my new gaming blllaaauugghhh...
    http://www.talkgamer.com

Unless it is for a very large sum of money, you can usually deposit it with other checks and the bank will not usually notice. However, if the issuer contests, you don't have a leg to stand on. Your bank will charge the amount back against your account. If it was an honest mistake, they should not contest it.
    Brad @ Xiolink
    XIOLINK. Your data...always within reach.®
    http://www.xiolink.com
    1-877-4-XIOLINK [+01 314 621 5500]

They will keep the check for reference, so if someone complains and they check it and see no siganture at all ... it'll probably be refunded
    Alexander

If you are asking if a check to you or your company can be deposited into (your) account by a person other than you or a representative of your company with out being endorsed by yourself or your company, the answer is yes.

The person depositing the check into your account needs to fill out a deposit slip with the correct account info. endorse the back of the check as " For deposit only " and deposit it.

I used to own a property management company in Nevada had to make deposit's like these into my client accounts on a daily basis.

-Mj.
    Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know... - Lewis Carroll

Call your bank and ask them! There may be a way to transfer funds electronically.
    Usually if all the money is deposited in the account and a personalized deposit slip is used it will be accepted.
    Laura K.
    http://www.madmousergraphics.com
    graphic design for grownups

depending on who's depositing in which account, you can also have someone sign the back with their signature stating 'signing for xxxxxxxxx' Check your bank's policies, but I've done this in the past.
    Learn survival/prepper information from a combat veteran at Graywolf Survival

"FOR DEPOSIT ONLY" will work. My wife does it all the time for me, at three different financial institutions...
    I thank my Lord for all His wonderful blessings.

Often your contract with your bank (the one nobody reads) explicitly gives them permission to collect on your behalf for items made payable to you.

This is why most of the time they will accept an unendorsed check in a deposit.

Originally posted by Rebel
    Without the signature on the check, it is not legally binding at all.
    If you are asking if you can accept and deposit a check without a signature, yes you can

So im not sure if Im on the same level as Brad & Rebel

After (1996) i think it was, they passed an act (cant remember the name) which allows you to deposit a check without a signature, and a bank is required to accept it (as long as its legit)

All thats required on the signature area is this statement

SIGNATURE NOT REQUIRED
    Your Depositor has authorized this payment to payee. Payee to hold you harmless for payment of this document. This document shall be deposited only to the credit of payee, and absence of endorcement is guaretted by payee's bank.
    We have been processing payments from customers in this manner for quite a few years now.

"common checks" also - I learned about them when I was in Illinois. I sent a monthly check for electricity, forgot to sign - it was cashed and the bank sent it to me with (Signiture On File) stamped on it. - I later learned from a banker friend that "common" here stands for idiots who forget to sign their checks

Yep or heck just have your buddy sign your name, it's only forgery if you complain.

Post dating checks is worthless too, had a dentist a few years ago cash a check 3 weeks before the post dating on it, and the bank gladly bounced it, 3 times.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

Post dating checks is worthless too, had a dentist a few years ago cash a check 3 weeks before the post dating on it, and the bank gladly bounced it, 3 times.
    We were going to be out of state for three months and post dated checks for our lease, contrary to instructions the proporty management cashed all three checks within the first week of our departure ( ) thankfully we had the money to cover them.

So yea I would have to agree post dating doesn't work.