Question need a free host with sub-domain, no ads

I need a free sub-domain hosting service with no ads, space atleast more than 10 MB, and max file size limit more than atleast 1.5 MB with support for zip files
    Thanks

Have you checked www.freewebspace.net

Free webspace, especially without ads, is becoming a thing of the past. You may want to head over to the Advertising Forums to see if you can find a good deal on paid hosting and maybe get your own domain name? (as low as $8.95 nowadays )

Do post this in 'Web Hosting Requests' forum in advertising. The web hosts are not allowed to advertise or respond to your posting in other places apart from the advertising.

To allow them to determine if they were to provide the space, you might want to paint a description of what you want the web space for and how it would benefit the web host which offers you the free space.
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

I am not particular in the file size limit, if they will allow hot file linking...
    I have signed up in http://www.fateback.com
    and am going to use it if I do not get any other hosting service that offers both sub-domain and also without ads...
    Do you recommend fateback?

You aren't going to find a free host that offers that. At least I don't think you will.

What are you going to host?
    ••• Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts! •••
    ••• http://www.sprintserve.net •••
    ••• Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting | •••
    ••• Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management | •••

another person who wants something for nothing...and is picky even...
    "I am laying down a rubber road to freedom!" Night Rider
    "Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?" Seinfeld
    "FA SHIZZLE MY NIZZLE" Snoop

Question

Originally posted by sprintserve
    What are you going to host?
    My personal website with some of my articles, programs, photos, and some cool stuff to download. I do not want to use a redirection service and so I need a sub-domain hosting service, so that my friends can remember my homepage URL easily. I will probably use HTML and Java Scripts now in my web pages and may use other scripting languages in due course.

Well, if I cannot afford to have so many choices, then I just need a free hosting service that offers sub-domain with no banners and popups.

would you ask a doctor to perform surgery for free?

would you ask a lawyer to repersent you for free?

would you ask a taxi driver to give you a drive for free?

no you wouldn't so why come here and ask that we host you for free?

sorry I have absolutly nothing aganist you what so ever...this is just becoming a very disturbing trend in our industry...

I have a life I need to support. I need to place food on my table. I need to pay for medication I may need. I can not do any of these things by provideing free hosting to everyone.

when someone provides you with free hosting that person sets a very bad example for the rest of the people looking for free hosting..it lowers the standards of our industry. if one host lowers their prices. all hosts end up haveing to lower their prices. our industry seems to be in chaos at the moment due to this effect...

(I hope this makes sense and i do apoligise and have nothing aginast you personally.)

but go to the request thread..I am sure you will find someone there looking to ruin our industry a little bit more [lol]
    Brian Larter

would you ask a doctor to perform surgery for free?

would you ask a lawyer to repersent you for free?

would you ask a taxi driver to give you a drive for free?
    If i couldn't afford it...I would. Sorry but bad analogies...

here's a better one: would you ask for your cell phone to be free? no, because that's a luxury, you don't need it- same with webhosting...

If i couldn't afford it...I would. Sorry but bad analogies...
    that is a good anology..what I mean though is you just don't do that. you are infringing on their industry.

I will use your anology next time I go off on a rant [lol]
    Brian Larter

sorry if I have irritated you by my post. I think I have come to the wrong place. I do understand that this affects your business. But, the fact is, I'm a full-time student and cannot afford to spend money on web hosting presently.

Free Host

Try using Portland

You will get every thing that you want.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

But, the fact is, I'm a full-time student and cannot afford to spend money on web hosting presently.
    I've been in that position, and simplest solution would be to request free hosting for a little bit and offer to put up an ad for the host.

Originally posted by akash
    Have you checked www.freewebspace.net
    Yes he (?) has, about 5 minutes before posting here

yuvaraj, free hosts that don't have ads usually die in a few days/weeks and then you are left asking again and again. Unless they are hosting you on their cable connection (which could also die if it is against the ISP TOS), they are actually paying out something to host others, if you can't help out with their costs by accepting ads, then there are no reliable hosts for you.

Originally posted by yuvaraj
    sorry if I have irritated you by my post. I think I have come to the wrong place. I do understand that this affects your business. But, the fact is, I'm a full-time student and cannot afford to spend money on web hosting presently.
    Yuvaraj,

I believe all of us been full-time students some time in our lives and I know that being a student you do not have the luxury of working for your income. However, if things have not changed during the last 15 years, I believe there are such things as allowance and I believe as a teen or young adult, you do go out with your friends, enjoy a day at the cinema, at the arcade or doing what students do today to relax.

Here's a tip. When I was a student, I do have needs too and well coming from a poor family, I was only given $10 a week for expenses but when I wanted something that I want, I always find a way to save a couple of dollars each week until I have enough to get what I want. I find that just skipping a packet of fries or playing less at the arcade, I was able to save enough pretty fast.

During my time, the internet wasn't available for the massive but now with prices so super low like it is possible to get it for under $7 a month, it works to saving just about 25cents a days, you should be able to get what you want and yes, without banners.

Web Hosting do cost money no banner if you want domain names or not and for those offering it for free, they have to find alternative means to at least recover part of the cost and the way to do that was to place banners on your pages.

I guess if you cannot afford 25cents a day, you could still opt for the free web hosting but you would have to accept the web host's terms and restrictions even if it means hosting banners. Just be happy that they provide you the host.

Do not take what the rest say negatively. In this world, there is nothing that is free. Someone has to pay for it.
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

Edwin - I couldn't agree with ya more mate

I think that it is all very well and good that people go around asking for free hosting - and they always will, so there is no point trying to stop them - but I find it amazing that on every post where someone is asking for free hosting, you then get the "you could try suchandsuch" posters, then a flurry of people saying what they think, and then the "common sense" posters.

I find that as soon as the common sense posters post just plain common sense threads- the whole direction of the thread changes, or even ends, because the original person has taken their advice.

It will be interesting to see if the course of this thread does the same... - now that I have mentioned it, probably not - but I thought it would be interesting...

my overall point is - if people thought before they posted requests of the "can I have something for nothing" type (or similar) then WHT would be less cluttered, the board would be faster, space would be saved on the WHT server, and posters like you and me would not waste so much time saying the same things, and answer posters that really needed help, or made more of our own!

Just a thought

Cheers

Al
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    www.4sites.com|| cPanel, php & mySQL hosting

I want, I want, I want. I want it for free to!
    Lets see, people come here asking for free hosting.
    Over the last few weeks I have seen people want free hosting for this and that.
    Then here they come back in a short time:
    I cannot get support.
    My host is down.
    So and so is a scam.
    With hosting plans so cheap, you could sell a pint of blood to pay for it.
    Kind of reminds of people on welfare driving new cars, shopping cart full of steaks and using food stamps.
    Yep, it makes you guys who are trying to make a living selling web hosting in a bad spot.
    Of course I wonder every day why I work when I see people get free food, new cars, free medical, free housing and us hard working people even pay for them to have more free babies for us to support.
    Guess I am fed up with people looking for hand outs.
    Sorry to go off track some, but I feel better!
    A Hard working American for over 40 years!
    Be Happy!

In reply to fateback, I wouldn't recommend them. You said you wanted to host a personal site with cool stuff to download, programs, etc. You have read the rules, correct?

5. Single file on a given site shoud not exceed 200k in size. No movie (AVI, MPG, MOV, etc.) files are permitted. No scripts or audio files are permitted.

6. In exchange for having your site hosted with Fate Back, you agree to have our HTML code automatically inserted on your pages. Any attempt to circumvent or hide this (including blank or otherwise useless layers at the bottom of the pages) will result in the immediate termination of your account.

I have a feeling you won't be able to put much of what you want up there and I also have a feeling number 6 states that they WILL want some advertising in return. Plus, they advertise unlimited bandwidth. Both of us know there's no such thing as unlimited.
    I'm a web designer: HIRE ME

Yes - I don't like free hosts- they give a bad name to the rest of the hosts out there.

But in light of their policy - I even more wouldn't go with them!

Cheers

Al

Since we're building our Christmas list, let's add a domain name,unlimited bandwidth, 24/7 support and 100% uptime.

Hey, if it's costing us nothing, we might as well go all the way.
    You'll get fewer complaints from over performing than from over promising.

Lightbulb decided to host my site in ICQ

Thank you Vinsar for your suggestion of http://www.portland.co.uk
    The site really offers much for free..

Initially, I was interested to go for an advertisement free web hosting service as the banner occupies 1/4 th of the screen and popups tend to irritate viewers. Also, as fateback did not have ads in their web pages and they support 200 KB file size limit, (just sufficient to load photos, MS Word Documents and my C programs with of course HTML files and Java Scripts) I thought of selecting fateback. But now, I realized that those free services without ads cannot be predicted to stay for long without ads, as most of the free web hosting services depend on advertisements for their revenue. So, I have decided to go for a reliable provider that is sure to stay for long even though it may contain advertisements. I was thinking to choose tripod as my free web host as it provided more than what I needed, but as I did not get my preferred user name, I'm going to host my site on ICQ homepages

I once again apologise to all of you for coming here and asking for a free service... I must have gone to
    http://www.freewebspace.net/forums
    as that forum is created specially for discussing about free webspace providers....
    Last edited by netleaf; 03-01-2003 at 03:28 PM.

yuvaraj - I do apoligise for using your thread to release my fustrations and as i said it nothing personal what so ever aginast you. its just I see so many threads like this popping up everywhere...

I don't think its the customer that angers me so much as the host that acctually agrees to abide by these terms...

if one host lowers his standards then all hosts end up having to lower their standards
    Brian Larter

hmm - I suppose so...

Mind you - if there weren't people looking for the free hosting, then there wouldn't be the hosts offering the free services...

Al