Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by devsys22 View Post
    It must be a full-time job doing all your damage control.

What about these threads:

http://hosting-reviews-exposed.com/m.../burstnet.html

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=481280

*shrug*

We've got 10,000 active clients. The WHT thread is prior to 2008 when we upgraded our network.

As far as the other site (and all other complaints since we upgraded in 2008): We have 10,000 active clients right now. if you add up EVERY bad thread here since November 2008, and every bad thread from that website (which speaks of issues in 2003), it still accounts for less than 1% of our entire client base.

I'm phenomenally happy with that percentage! You will never please everyone, and there are 100% accurate complaints from time to time (We're only human), but to have less than 1% of your entire base complaining (And even less than .05% if I include the ENTIRE CLIENT BASE since 2008)? Wel, let me just say Thank you to you, devsys22 for helping show that a large company can help make 99.5% of its clients happy.
    Last edited by BurstNET_CSM; 03-25-2011 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemer View Post
    I understand.. Sorry for sounding like an *******. I'ma dumbie, and I'll go back to my cave! I think it's great that you guys even actually respond to all these threads, and posts.. Even by dumbies like me..

nah. you're no dummy. You brought up a valid question.

If you want to get email through to yahoo, then might be an option to just use an external smtp server for mail, on another network. There's loads of smtp providers who provide this service, and even some that work closely with yahoo.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by devsys22 View Post
    It must be a full-time job doing all your damage control.

What about these threads:

http://hosting-reviews-exposed.com/m.../burstnet.html

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=481280
    I like Burst.net. Only issues I have had is the yahoo mail issue. For the my customers on that server it works for me. I will move more customers to them as soon as the yahoo mail issue get figured out by me, yahoo, or burst.net.

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET_CSM View Post
    *shrug*

We've got 10,000 active clients. The WHT thread is prior to 2008 when we upgraded our network.

As far as the other site (and all other complaints since we upgraded in 2008): We have 10,000 active clients right now. if you add up EVERY bad thread here since November 2008, and every bad thread from that website (which speaks of issues in 2003), it still accounts for less than 1% of our entire client base.

I'm phenomenally happy with that percentage! You will never please everyone, and there are 100% accurate complaints from time to time (We're only human), but to have less than 1% of your entire base complaining (And even less than .05% if I include the ENTIRE CLIENT BASE since 2008)? Wel, let me just say Thank you to you, devsys22 for helping show that a large company can help make 99.5% of its clients happy.

I see my help is not needed here!
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

We've been fighting this battle for over 6 years. It's just that yahoo is "too big to care" and recently exploded with fun-ness and blockings. Trust me, at the VERY least, three managers and two programmers at BurstNET have spent (Collectively) 6 months trying to get this resolved. I, personally, called their main switchboard and had an outright fight with the two ladies that answer the phone, because all they would do is transfer me to the customer service black hole recordings. I have spent weeks trying to speak with a human who actually has anything to do with this mess they've made.
    Calling Yahoo and having 'an outright fight' with 2 ladies that work for yahoo, probably in tier 1 pick up the phone dept (not that it matters their position) isn't going to be the best solution ever.

I've had to get loads of ip's added to their trusted networks, when a large isp over here decided to use yahoo for their isp customers email.

Don't you have any contacts in the industry, either directly or indirectly that will give you access to a person in the know or in the noc? That's what I used.

I do appreciate that Burst does not condone spamming at all, and that it's customers who use your network to spam, who cause grief. Just a matter of dealing with it in a way that is professional and represents your customers is all you can do. Fighting over the phone, isn't that pro tbh.

Hi. I'd like to introduce you to my friend. His name is libel and you're standing about 5 feet deep in him.
    I would also like to introduce devsys22 to my friend doc (Short for defamation of character). As devsys22 is also calling me a spammer, would you care to share attorney?

Again, the problem is yahoo's, not ours. We work with blocked and blacklisted IP's all the time and get them cleared with little issue EXCEPT for yahoo, because, quite frankly, they're being dicks about it...
    That about sums it up in a nutshell. Yahoo has gone down the pan since a few years back when Google started up GMail and GoogleGroups and stole the cream of Yahoo's staff to run them. Yahoo are driven by advertising revenue, not customer care, and could give less than a damn for people using free email accounts as long as they can tell their advertisers how many million ad impressions they had last month.

Heck, Yahoo can't even get it right with their own partners and regularly block mail from SBCGlobal

The fact remains that until recently we had a customer on a DirectAdmin box with BurstNET who's sole purpose in life seemed to be to email their Yahoo buddies and flood YahooGroups with mail night in, night out. We never had a problem with Yahoo rejecting mail because anything unsavoury that came in from an (alleged) Yahoo address was simply sent to /dev/nul and not bounced back to Yahoo. And that on a DirectAdmin setup so just a valid SPF record and no domain keys, DKIM etc (Nice to see that DA have just added DKIM support in the latest version )

The one time we got it wrong we ended up doing the "Yahoo hokey-pokey form dance". I can't remember if it was 3 sets of forms 4 times over or 4 3 times over but it took about 5 weeks of patience, and we didn't need to involve support or come here throwing a hissy-fit at our provider who would be less able to fix it than we were.

Hi guys, i am sorry for replying old thread, since this problem still not solved yet

i've got temporary solution from other burstnet member, nkukard, in burstnet forum http://forums.burst.net/showthread.p...5450#post25450 by using SMTP relay service that in another server

I already try it, i can use it with outlook express, its works sended to yahoo mail

Now can i set it inside the whm/cpanel? since half email are sended from the script using PHP mail() (for example vbulletin, phpbb, and others popular php script), not only in outlook express via my computer

if you can show me how to do this, or there is tutorial url please let me know

bursnet staff if you read please help too if you can, how to set it in whm/cpanel/php, this is the solution for yahoo mail

nb.
    - I am using dedicated server, but i think its same with the vps
    - I already created a thread too about this here http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1054650 , but still no one replied yet

I have some experience in this area as I was once given an IP blocked by Yahoo...and I can tell you all that it has nothing to do with the hosting company (Burst). Burst is a company with integrity and reliability. They have been in business for a long time.

The same thing has happened in the past with Yahoo and another popular hosting company:
    http://forums.hostgator.com/cant-sen...t-t28577.html?

The real problem lies with Yahoo. They are the ones doing the blocking. I suggest contacting higher ups within Yahoo. Contact the corporate execs and pressure them. Point out this thread and others as the last thing they want is this kind of bad press.

Yahoo is notorious for doing this and they have a pending lawsuit against them (though its from a bulk marketer):
    http://blog.internetcases.com/about/...march-11-2011/

Good luck!
    Last edited by holyearth; 07-07-2011 at 04:50 PM.

Thought I'd just chime in since this thread seems to have degraded into a Burstnet / Yahoo blame war. We don't host with Burstnet, but had the same problem with Yahoo email to the point that we were going to block all registrations to our site from Yahoo email addresses.

We were given the same excuse (posted earlier) that we were sending spam to Yahoo email addresses, I was able to prove we weren't, but it still took a lot of emails, DKIM setup etc. to finally clear our mail server to send emails to Yahoo email addresses.

IMHO the only party at fault here is Yahoo for making it impossible to *easily* liaise with a *human* Yahoo employee and get this problem resolved

The only way I've found to get around this is to use your ISP's SMTP server and it will deliver to Yahoo.

I have been dealing with this issue since January. Right now I'm not blaming BurstNet as much as I am Yahoo. They're the only service that's won't allow VPS IP addresses to be delivered. Unless you have SPF, DK, and DKIM signatures, the Yahoos will automatically reject your message because of the fact that the physical server has a different IP than what was delegated to you.

Also, what I think is funny, is that as of late, I've been getting a bunch of SPAM mails that originate from Yahoo's mail servers.

I wish I could sue them. Will post more tomorrow.

Also, this only seems to happen with my Scranton VPS containers. The two I have in LA/HE don't have the problem .... yet.

Couldn't go through the 5 pages to see if anyone has suggested Google Apps. I suggest Google Apps.

This is not an isolated problem with Burst.net.

I have seen it happen in several places.

Exclamation Don't Blame BurstNET

I couldn't sleep, so I decided to address this in more detail.

As a BurstNET multi-VPS customer in both the Scranton and LA datacenters, this is what I've been able to put together about this situation.

So far, this has only occurred in my three VPS containers in Scranton. So far, no issues with my containers in the LA DC.

The physical server has it's own dedicated IP. The VPS containers within have different IP addresses for the VPS customer. This is what Yahoo doesn't seem to like, and why we're getting this error.

I even went so far as to change the sending IP in the exim.conf, and then modify /etc/mailhelo and /etc/mailips to reflect the sending IP, no change. Same stupid error.

Like many of you, I filled out Yahoo's stupid forms, and received the same lame response that there was nothing that the Yahoos could do to help me. Frustrating, because some of my customers are none too happy with the situation.

I'm not sure if it's possible to easily switch IP addresses on a VPS, and, even so, I don't know that I'd want to, truthfully. Too many reconfigs on already highly modified VPS systems.

Seriously, blame the Yahoos. My customers and I can send email to Gmail, Hotmail/Live, Lycos, AOL, Mail.com, Inbox.com, and other free email providers, without any issues whatsoever. The emails deliver directly to the recipients' inboxes without issues. But Yahoo? No go. Error 421 immediately, like everyone else here.

I suppose if it comes down to it, you could order a new VPS from BurstNET, but who's to say that this issue wouldn't rear it's ugly face again after a month or so.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I was able to get around the problem by changing my SMTP server to that of my ISP, but if you're using webmail, you're pretty much screwed until Yahoo decides to finally take action and resolve the problem.

Maybe someone from Yahoo will stumble upon this thread and see they are causing issues and attempt to rectify this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by kipper01 View Post
    Maybe someone from Yahoo will stumble upon this thread and see they are causing issues and attempt to rectify this issue.

Doubtful. I don't think they care at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by nwtg View Post
    Right now I'm not blaming BurstNet as much as I am Yahoo. They're the only service that's won't allow VPS IP addresses to be delivered. Unless you have SPF, DK, and DKIM signatures, the Yahoos will automatically reject your message because of the fact that the physical server has a different IP than what was delegated to you.
    Utter nonsense. Mail sent from your VPS is sent from your VPS IP address, not the IP of the host node.

You do NOT need DK or DKIM set to be able to successfully send email to Yahoo. We're sending hundreds, if not thousands, of emails to Yahoo each week, from BurstNET and elsewhere, and not one of them is being bounced back.

Quote Originally Posted by F-DNS View Post
    Utter nonsense. Mail sent from your VPS is sent from your VPS IP address, not the IP of the host node.

You do NOT need DK or DKIM set to be able to successfully send email to Yahoo. We're sending hundreds, if not thousands, of emails to Yahoo each week, from BurstNET and elsewhere, and not one of them is being bounced back.
    Consider yourself one of the lucky ones, took me weeks to get the problem resolved

Quote Originally Posted by RandomLittleHost View Post
    Consider yourself one of the lucky ones, took me weeks to get the problem resolved
    It's nothing to do with luck. Somewhere back in this thread I posted how we screwed up a setup and got screwed by Yahoo as a result. I'm not denying for a second that they can be total planks (English slang) when it comes to dealing with inbound mail. But blaming BurstNET or any other provider, or the fact that it's a VPS IP and the hostnode's IP is somehow to blame (that one actually made me laugh), is just any easy route to take.

And I don't consider myself one of the lucky ones if that implies that we're in a minority. Rather, you're one of the unfortunate few who's fallen foul of Yahoo's madness. It's entirely of their making, but there's ways to set a server up first, before you ever send a single mail to Yahoo, to give yourself a good chance of getting into the lucky majority

I hope they can solve the problem for you.
    I think Yahoo has a problem with Burst.net

It's nothing to do with luck.
    to give yourself a good chance of getting into the lucky majority
    nice one

Thumbs down The new Yahoo! reads! your! emails!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/07...hoo_email_read

Apparently the 'new' Yahoo Mail rolling out now will be reading email for marketing purposes!! (As bad as gmail)

Yahoo! suggests it is the users' job to warn anyone who emails them that their messages will also be scanned.

I will be notifying my friends who use YAHOO as i dont really want to email anyone on a system that does this!!

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

We're sending hundreds, if not thousands, of emails to Yahoo each week, from BurstNET and elsewhere, and not one of them is being bounced back.
    So you're the reason the rest of us have problems )) [kidding]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast