want to change maxfile size in nginx

hi,

after installing NGINX and moving my big site to it... i found that there is new settings occured in the web, for example i couldnt upload over than 1 MB more or less to my website .. etc

any one could help me in change NGINX confgrations ?

thanks in Advance

keyman

i need urgent help please

From the directives listed here: http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxHttpCoreModule, this does not seem to be an option that is configured in Nginx. What is your max upload size set to in your php.ini?

Please note that I am shooting in the dark here as i have never worked with this product. Just trying to help as you seem desperate.

[theBleeber@wht01] ~ $ cat .signature
    cat: .signature: No such file or directory

thank you very much CariTech04 for trying help me

the maxfile size in php.ini was 2M and i have changed to be 1000MB but still i couldnt upload more than 1 M.

Apparently, client_max_body_size, is the directive you need to change. Doesn't exactly scream upload_size to me but on another foruma a user suggested this.

I am curious. Why are you using this product? What made you feel it was better than a more mainstream package like Apache? What benefits are you seeing? Just wondering...

where could i find that?

Should be in your main configuration file or perhaps your proxy.conf.

Quote Originally Posted by CaroTech04
    I am curious. Why are you using this product? What made you feel it was better than a more mainstream package like Apache? What benefits are you seeing? Just wondering...

i have one big site, which has connections over than 1000 users... , according to server's optimizer, apachie cannot handel over than 1000 connections and it going to ovarload the server ..

he suggested to install NGINX, to reduce server overload, after he did that i noticed the diffrence in the site speed and server overload, his solution was like a magek.

but i faced these new issues in my server.... i am trying by best to solve it

Glad to hear it is running better for you. Did you find that directive? Perhaps just go to the nginx directory and grep for the string in all files.

Should be in your main configuration file or perhaps your proxy.conf.

where is this file loaction?

Glad to hear it is running better for you. Did you find that directive? Perhaps just go to the nginx directory and grep for the string in all files.

i tried my best with no result , this is first time to deal with nginx anyway

Quote Originally Posted by keyman
    where is this file loaction?
    Where is nginx installed to? Usually the main configuration file would be in

/usr/local/nginx/conf/nginx.conf

if you don't have any special configuration when it was installed. You should be able to find something like this in your configuration file:

Code:
    http {
        include conf/mime.types;
        default_type application/octet-stream;
    }
    Put the client_max_body_size there somewhere, for example

Code:
    http {
        include conf/mime.types;
        default_type application/octet-stream;
        client_max_body_size 10m;
    }
    It will allow maximum 10m upload.

Is your site a PHP or a Ruby on Rails site? I have also recently tested nginx, and found it much faster than Apache and more configurable than lighttpd.

Scott

ylsy

thank you very much, i think your modification is working fine.

but i still have another problem relating to uploading file, it is toooooo slow when trying to upload files in all sites in the server whether are in apachie or nginx ...

before i doing this modifction the php site in nginx just give white page with no any message, on the other hand, the php site in apachie trying to upload file but take too long time and if file over than 2 MB it fails to upload file.

after nginx's modification same behavior i am facing now in all sites ... which mean there is another problem but not nginx side ...

i tried to do some change in /etc/php.ini
    so, i made this change

upload_max_filesize 1000M

but no result

any one could help?
    Last edited by keyman; 12-20-2006 at 12:26 PM.

thank you guys ....

all my problems have be solved

thank you again and again

your
    keyman