• Ensim

6 9.84%
  • Webmin

3 4.92%
  • Other,Please Reply with your Other

1 1.64%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Best Control Panel,

What do you think is the best control panel?

No one sole person can say which control panel is better.

Personally my two favourites are H-Sphere and cPanel. Although I'll be looking a lot of HostGUI when it is released if it is released.

I cannot say one is better over another, nor can you or another person. It is all oppinion. It's up to you and it is your choice.
    Search the forums, you'll find a very MIXED view on this very topic.

I like Cpanel as a control panel better than plesk. I don't like how WHM organizes the domains. Too bad I couldn't run Plesk to manage the domains and cpanel for my clients to change stuff

Aie, that'd be pure heaven now wouldn't it

cPanel:0
    Orlando Magic--> 05-06 CHAMPS

My vote goes to : Cpanel.

~Jonathan
    For Resellers, Designers, Entrepreneurs.
    Featuring Cpanel 6 | WebHost Manager | Online Stats | Pre-Installed Scripts | Unlimited Domain Hosting | *** 24-Hour Support | info@PositiveHost.com | http://www.PositiveHost.com

The majority of people here seem to like cPanel and Plesk. There are also a lot liking Ensim though.

Since RackShack owns WebHostingTalk, it is very understandable that there are a lot of Plesk and Ensim lovers here. Plus since cPanel is such an "old" control panel in the fact it has been around a long time, and by no means old in the way it is bad & needs updating.

Although it seems whenever a debate on this comes out, a lot go for cPanel while a lot of others go for Ensim. It seems PlesK is getting less and less - although I presume that mainly since PlesK only recently recommenced its partnership with RS.

You will find though a lot of people here like cPanel, plus the majority of hosts mulling around here also use cPanel even if they claim their prefer PlesK or Ensim - yet for some reason the majority actually seem to use cPanel.

Maybe try a search if you are looking for recommendations. It's a great tool.

i think it really depends on what platform you use. i use cpanel on linux and h-sphere on windows. they are both great. also i like Ensim being more secure...

Thanks,
    I also notice 2 people voted for Webmin, if you peeps who voted for Webmin view this thread could you post why you voted for Webmin I am taking a look into WEbmin so would be nice,

I don't have any experience with Webmin (nor did I vote for it), but from what I know or heard Webmin is free & is very hard to use. Apparently I read here it is more for managing the server and not that good for hosting and offering it to clients- but remember, I don't have experience but I read that here on these very forums.

Maybe try using the Search tool. It has a wonder of mysterious posts that could help you!

hence we should write a guide "Webmin for dummies ...."

Webmin is one of the easiest ones around. I feel the reason why people are afraid of it is because they see features they have never saw before. So they get the feeling, if it aint broke don't fix it. If an administrator sets up webmin properly and makes an appropriate skin for it, it can be a great control panel

My vote goes to : Cpanel Version 5
    http://www.IRLhost.com
    info@irlhost.com
    Webhosting in Ireland

I think all the extras you get with cPanel / WHM make it easily the best.

Yeah. cPanel has a lot of nice features, and also in the right skin can be really great to use. It's a shame that the skins that come free with cPanel/WHM are not soo good - all my clients are wanting a theme like HostRocket's because it is a great theme, yet at first they did not realise that even HostRocket uses cPanel only they paid mega-bucks for a great theme.

I have never tried WebMin but looked at the screenshots. They look somewhat nice, but if you search on this forum you'd find a lot of people complaining how hard it is. True probably if an admin made a great skin for it and set it up properly it'd be a great control panel - but I've also read here that WebMin is mainly for managing the server and isn't like cPanel for your clients. True or false? (I'm guessing WebMin for the admin like WHM and UserMin for the clients like cPanel - true?)

But there are a lot of other free contorl panels out there. There are a lot of nice ones too. I know a very nice one which I used to use ages back and loved it. It was easy and great. web://cp was its name. If you're really interested CyberSol I can get the URL or you can again use the Search feature made for the forums.

yeh i love cPanel / WHM, its simple for even starters, with a decent skin suiting your hosting biz it would rock and your clients be happy too .

http://webcp.can-host.com if your woundering for web://cp

My personal favourite is Cpanel, but that is personal choice.
    · Shared Hosting - Servers in the US and the UK
    · Reseller Plans - For ultimate reliability
    · WebAttention.net - Hosting made easy

Thanks PebbyCat for the URL to the Web://CP control panel.
    I see they released a new version which is improving them even better.

Yeah. cPanel seems to have one of the best themes to start out with. Ensim does not have a nice theme to start out with, nor does Plesk (but it is nice). Although the majority of clients seem to prefer the cPanel themes due to they are easier to use, but my clients just like the one from HostRocket because they thought it looked cooler, kids these days

But anywho, cPanel does start off with the best themes, and is totally recommend by a lot of people for those newbies since it is so easy to start off with. The new PlesK theme with v5.0.3 is great and very nice and much better than v2.2.5, way better.
    But it is your choice, do you want features? Do you want stability? Do you want ease?

It all relies on those three questions in reality since each control panel has different aspects.

Hi, Thanks for all the great input Could I have the link to Web://CP ?
    I'm going to check that CP out too

Thanks again,
    Sabre-Hosting

Cpanel rocks

I put link to Web://cp in my other post just above but again for you, http://webcp.can-host.com

Oh thanks, And sorry

That web://cp is extremely nice and you should really try it out. Although I thought you had a reseller account with uGroup??

Since you have one, how do you plan on installing that new control panel??!!

because he wants to get a dedicated server ? as hes grown out of his reseller account?

hehe. If he did, then he could get a cheap server without a control panel from say RackShack or somewhere and install web://cp since it is great. Maybe you can try and get their old theme??
    Just tried their new demo with the newest theme but I don't think it is as good. Also I think Potaci mail is great too - your clients would love that.

web://cp would turn out great if it were funded by a proper place and possibly not freeware then they could actually hire a proper team of people instead of having it done as side work, since it could probably catch up with cPanel, PlesK and Ensim in no time - since as it is, it's a great control panel and would definately be worth some $$$.

Originally posted by PebbyCat
    because he wants to get a dedicated server ? as hes grown out of his reseller account?
    Aww, you edited your post meaning my post didn't turn out how it was intended to!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast