How many hits per day is considered "good traffic"

My website gets an average of 60,000 to 65,000 hits a day(and servers about 12,000 page views) . What I would like to know is, is this considered "good" traffic. This is just a one person non commercial website and I have done zero advertising except word of mouth. Could you please give me ideas as to where I stand?

Shiferaw

Yea thats not bad is it unique hits?
    Like you are seeing 60 000 different IPs in the logs?

Re: How many hits per day is considered "good traffic"

Originally posted by shiferaw
    My website gets an average of 60,000 to 65,000 hits a day(and servers about 12,000 page views) . What I would like to know is, is this considered "good" traffic. This is just a one person non commercial website and I have done zero advertising except word of mouth. Could you please give me ideas as to where I stand?

Shiferaw
    I'm a bit confused you talk about your website getting 60,00 to 65,000 hit's a day however you haven't included your website in your profile, that strikes in as odd.
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    Need help? just ask The Doctor
    House calls a specialty
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy ?

hits counts graphics and everything

the best way to quote a site is uniques and page views

but it depends a lot on the type of site it is - certain sites can be profitable with only a few hundred uniques per day
    Kevin Muldoon - Blogging, WordPress, Internet Marketing
    Rise Forums - Internet Marketing Discussion Forum

60,000 daily hits? Doesn't your refresh key wear out?
    You'll get fewer complaints from over performing than from over promising.

Originally posted by Gordo
    60,000 daily hits? Doesn't your refresh key wear out?
    Behave your self Gordo. He's probably got one of susannad special scripts that automatically refreshes every few minutes.

Doc

btw ..
    (you may have notice my migration. as I said I probably would)
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    Need help? just ask The Doctor
    House calls a specialty
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy ?

As fonzerelli79 pointed out, "hits" mean very little. A hit is registered for every file transferred. So one page with one image on it will register 2 hits, while one page with 200 images on it will register 201 hits.

Your page views are a better stat to go by, but still not ideal. If you have access to site stats program, check the number of "unique" visitors.

Where are you getting 12,000 page views per day? At http://www.zarayacob.org/ ? Since there is no site in your profile, I can only assume that your site is the one for which you recently asked a review. If you're getting that many p.v. without any advertising/promotion, that's quite an accomplishment. Seemingly, the site caters to a niche market, so that's an awful lot of page views.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials