What's wrong with this banner?

Hello. For marketers, can you tell me what's wrong with this banner? (please see attached file). I have run a promo using this banner for one month and I did not get any positive result. I had 8,776 impressions and only 35 click-troughs. What seems to be the problem. Be honest, be frank and be brutal if you may.

Thank you.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mascot special_Imagodev.gif  
    I help entrepreneurs develop online branding. I value my clients and build relationships. I am a friend.
    Let me assist you with your website design, logo design and other graphics needs.
    Ganah Solutions, a brand creation agency. Solidify your brand. Connect your business.

It's difficult to say, they ad looks fine, it's a bit fast in that it took me a couple of attempts to catch the coupon code.

Was the ad only placed on one site and was it in different locations on that site?

Banner looks good and very interesting.

Maybe people in the site you are advertising on were just not too interested with mascots?

I hope these suggestions make sense for you. They're just my opinions about what I feel isn't quite right or might help improve it.
    • It runs too fast; you need to give viewers more time to take in what it's saying, especially when it shows the coupon.
    • It could probably benefit from a few more frames in the animation also, to make the transitions a bit more smooth.
    • In addition, the company name is semi-transparent/gray, but the message is a very strong black and kind of large, so it looks added on instead of being part of the flow of the ad. I'd consider making the text a little less black, a slightly different and less "blocky" font (hand drawn looking, slowly changing to that one might be interesting), and a little smaller.
    • The colored thumbtacks at the side are distracting, and the shadows are odd on them, not all following the same directionality. They probably shouldn't be just three colors, but either all one, two "pairs" or all different, and toned down some so they aren't drawing attention away from the ad itself.
    • The background might have benefited from having less clean edges and possibly a a bit more "wrinkling" to look more like used paper, which is what I think you might have been going for. It looks oddly perfect at the edge for something that's supposed to be papery. It needs something to give it "dimension", I feel.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

It is hard to read complete text or catch the coupon bcoz banner is too fast!
    ☆☆ RoyalNode Web Hosting☆☆ In Business Since 2018 (3 Years)
    ►►Los Angeles CA USA, Oregon Seattle USA, Canada, Amsterdam NL EU based Shared and Reseller Web Hosting◄◄
    ►►
    Affordable Managed SSD VPS and Managed Dedicated Server Provider◄◄

Main thing is too quick as people suggested.

Perhaps something with some different mascot examples, if the one you have doesn't appeal to people, the probably wont click through.

Thank you for the comment. The ad was placed in the forum side bar (upper right corner). The site is a webmaster's forum. It is only placed in that location with other banners. There were 4 rotating banners and one was ours.

Quote Originally Posted by wisenerl View Post
    It's difficult to say, they ad looks fine, it's a bit fast in that it took me a couple of attempts to catch the coupon code.

Was the ad only placed on one site and was it in different locations on that site?
    I help entrepreneurs develop online branding. I value my clients and build relationships. I am a friend.
    Let me assist you with your website design, logo design and other graphics needs.
    Ganah Solutions, a brand creation agency. Solidify your brand. Connect your business.

Might be true. I will have to re-assess this one. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by gvirtucio View Post
    Banner looks good and very interesting.

Maybe people in the site you are advertising on were just not too interested with mascots?

Thank you for these insights. I will review these and try to make necessary changes and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    I hope these suggestions make sense for you. They're just my opinions about what I feel isn't quite right or might help improve it.
    • It runs too fast; you need to give viewers more time to take in what it's saying, especially when it shows the coupon.
    • It could probably benefit from a few more frames in the animation also, to make the transitions a bit more smooth.
    • In addition, the company name is semi-transparent/gray, but the message is a very strong black and kind of large, so it looks added on instead of being part of the flow of the ad. I'd consider making the text a little less black, a slightly different and less "blocky" font (hand drawn looking, slowly changing to that one might be interesting), and a little smaller.
    • The colored thumbtacks at the side are distracting, and the shadows are odd on them, not all following the same directionality. They probably shouldn't be just three colors, but either all one, two "pairs" or all different, and toned down some so they aren't drawing attention away from the ad itself.
    • The background might have benefited from having less clean edges and possibly a a bit more "wrinkling" to look more like used paper, which is what I think you might have been going for. It looks oddly perfect at the edge for something that's supposed to be papery. It needs something to give it "dimension", I feel.

Thank you for your suggestion. I will consider this too.

Quote Originally Posted by Loon View Post
    Main thing is too quick as people suggested.

Perhaps something with some different mascot examples, if the one you have doesn't appeal to people, the probably wont click through.

Ok. Thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Askforhost Hosting View Post
    It is hard to read complete text or catch the coupon bcoz banner is too fast!

Not sure if you're still looking for feedback, but personally, the bold black text just seemed to be out of place with the rest of the banner. Could you not have it in the same shade and font as your logo?

I know that everyone says banners should be attention grabbing, but a little more subtlety will add a lot more professionalism, and as I'm sure you're not offering a bargain-basement end product, you'll want to give a more professional image that inspires confidence and trust in buyers, especially if they're paying for - and getting - a premium product.

Hope that's helpful
    Exit3 Creative - UK Based Web Development, Graphic Design & Brand Identity
    Extensive Portfolio | Experienced Team | Competitive Rates | Fully UK Based
    RAR Accredited Agency | Designers Accord Members | UKWDA Accredited Agency
    UK: 0141 846 0020 | US: 866-338-EXIT | AU: 03-9013-EXIT | Check Out Our Portfolio