Is psychz.net shared web hosting plans good? they are really low price per month and i might get hosting from them. but i want to know other peoples experience with this web hoster before i get hosting from them.

While I have no direct experience with them, in taking a look at their website, a few things stood out as odd:
    In their "About Us" section:
    "Our internet connection has unlimited bandwidth to suit your hosting application."
    That tends to scream red flag around these parts, as it just simply isn't possible..
    They state that they have their own certified techs, etc, on-site at their data-center, but also say they only monitor to see if their network is running every 10 minutes.. This also tends to put up a red flag as to the validity of the claim that they have anyone employed by -them- that is on-site at all..
    In checking their BBB Online logo on their site, they have had 9 complaints, of which most were resolved, a few not, and their real name is Profusesolutions.com - here is that website:
    http://www.profusesolutions.com/index.html
    It looks like they do business under no less than 5 different names, and all the pages on their main site are basically blank. Another slight red flag..

Ok more info..
    My opinion - Stay away from these guys with a 10 foot pole.. Why?
    Take a look at one of their sites, http://chimehost.com/
    They say you get "Unlimited disk space, Unlimited Traffic, AND Web Design, for $6.95" - As anyone on here that has been around for a while will tell you, that's a -very- bad sign..
    Their about page is a carbon copy of the site you asked about, they just changed the name.. Fishy all the way around..

Alright, Thanks for the heads up

Ok more info..
    They say you get "Unlimited disk space, Unlimited Traffic, AND Web Design, for $6.95" - As anyone on here that has been around for a while will tell you, that's a -very- bad sign..
    Their about page is a carbon copy of the site you asked about, they just changed the name.. Fishy all the way around..
    , the whole group looks fishy... As Mike suggested, I also recommend staying away from company's that offer "unlimited" bandwidth and space.
    All the best,

Ok more info..
    lol web design for $6.95? I wonder what the final thing would look like.

lol web design for $6.95? I wonder what the final thing would look like.
    My guess is a customized templete from somewhere. Anybody going to try it? Just kidding, don't waste your money.
    All the best,

My guess is a customized templete from somewhere. Anybody going to try it? Just kidding, don't waste your money.
    All the best,
    lol..wouldn't be surprised to see like a dozen websites that look like mine but differ slightly lol..
    I'd rather keep my $7 for now, i wouldn't even call it "wasting" money, don't know a better word for that kind of a spending...it'll come to me later

lol..wouldn't be surprised to see like a dozen websites that look like mine but differ slightly lol.. At $7, including hosting, I don't think there's any time left to make even a "slight" difference between the designs.

PropspinMike has done a very good research on them. Thanks for that. Definitely that will help many. Everything unlimited is always suspicious.

At $7, including hosting, I don't think there's any time left to make even a "slight" difference between the designs.
    It should say something that their own "main" website design is mostly blank anyways. All of the sites are easily templatemonster style templates, and haven't even been edited..
    Ahh host that just makes the industry look so good...

PropspinMike has done a very good research on them. Thanks for that. Definitely that will help many. Everything unlimited is always suspicious.
    Comments certainly appreciated - I'm just sick of hosts trying to get one past people.. While all industries have a few bad apples, this one has always proven to have slightly more than its' fair share..

Thank you all for leaving posts but i see you guys are saying its suspicious that the host shows you get unlimited everything when Hostgator.com basically does the same thing.

Thank you all for leaving posts but i see you guys are saying its suspicious that the host shows you get unlimited everything when Hostgator.com basically does the same thing.
    There's a difference between random hosts like this and large real companies such as HG who have the infrastructure to support their claims.

There's a difference between random hosts like this and large real companies such as HG who have the infrastructure to support their claims.
    Oh ok thanx

agreed with above.. Even big hosts that claim unlimited everything usually restrict what you're allowed to host so much in their terms of service, that there is no way you're going to use more than a certain amount of space and bandwidth.
    (i.e. - "We will give you unlimited space, and unlimited bandwidth, but you aren't allowed to host any video files, exe or zip files, image collections, etc. We have the right to suspend or limit the bandwidth of any account that we feel is taking more than their fair share of the services offered"
    That was a quote taken from a fly-by-night host about a year ago. The only reason most hosts say the word "unlimited" is to get your attention. They then limit everything once you've signed up and read the fine print. Legally, they are still giving you unlimited space/bandwidth, but are limiting the items you're allowed to use that with. I've even seen TOS statements that say you can only host text documents. That takes up basically no bandwidth OR space, so they are safe.
    Unlimited space and bandwidth is a gimmick plain and simple.. There is no way a host can literally mean absolutely unlimited.

agreed with above.. Even big hosts that claim unlimited everything usually restrict what you're allowed to host so much in their terms of service, that there is no way you're going to use more than a certain amount of space and bandwidth.
    (i.e. - "We will give you unlimited space, and unlimited bandwidth, but you aren't allowed to host any video files, exe or zip files, image collections, etc. We have the right to suspend or limit the bandwidth of any account that we feel is taking more than their fair share of the services offered"
    That was a quote taken from a fly-by-night host about a year ago. The only reason most hosts say the word "unlimited" is to get your attention. They then limit everything once you've signed up and read the fine print. Legally, they are still giving you unlimited space/bandwidth, but are limiting the items you're allowed to use that with. I've even seen TOS statements that say you can only host text documents. That takes up basically no bandwidth OR space, so they are safe.
    Unlimited space and bandwidth is a gimmick plain and simple.. There is no way a host can literally mean absolutely unlimited.
    Alright thanx for posting. i made my final choice and im going with hostgator. i just bought hosting from them right now and used the 404PAGE coupon code. 1 cent for the first month FTW

Greetings,
    Since we are a subsidiary of Profuse Solutions LLC I will just like to reply to the post.
    Chimehost.com is a new niche market which has not been launched yet but will within 1-2 months. We are preparing for the influx of traffic, as well as support that may require. This market is pointed towards the personal hosting market.
    Gazzin.com is a niche which we concentrate solely on reseller resources only. Many of our resellers opt-in for VPS reselling once they decide that they can sell other services. Usually a discount on dedicated servers + VPS are present once they establish a reseller contract with us on month to month.
    Psychz.net this niche market is pointed towards the corporate hosting. We are only focused on the shared + dedicated + colocation market which the market up is a bit higher compare to the other niche.
    Photonvps - this niche is not online yet but we are still doing further testing before the release.
    Winlintech this is a niche towards the indian market in India. Our support team are present in the India office + USA office which allows us to penetrate their market.
    As a whole psychz.net has been in business since 2001 and here to stay. We are merely targetting each niche allowing us to concentrate on customer needs.
    Being a BBB member since 2004 with a grade of A shows we're simply here to stay.
    If there's any questions or concerns feel free to PM me.

KissaMaFeet Guest
    While I have no direct experience with them, in taking a look at their website, a few things stood out as odd:
    In their "About Us" section:
    "Our internet connection has unlimited bandwidth to suit your hosting application."
    That tends to scream red flag around these parts, as it just simply isn't possible..
    They state that they have their own certified techs, etc, on-site at their data-center, but also say they only monitor to see if their network is running every 10 minutes.. This also tends to put up a red flag as to the validity of the claim that they have anyone employed by -them- that is on-site at all..
    In checking their BBB Online logo on their site, they have had 9 complaints, of which most were resolved, a few not, and their real name is Profusesolutions.com - here is that website:
    It looks like they do business under no less than 5 different names, and all the pages on their main site are basically blank. Another slight red flag..
    Is is a bad sign when one company trys to open business under many differenet names? Do you think it is so when one fails, another one can take its place?

Hi,
    Has nothing to do with that.
    Gazzin - Operating since 2004
    Psychz - Operating since 2001
    Winlintech - Operating @ 1 year
    Chimehost / PhotonVPS = pending.
    These are niche markets we target. We look at no failure which is why the two have not been released until we have the setup properly done.

KissaMaFeet Guest
    Greetings,
    Since we are a subsidiary of Profuse Solutions LLC I will just like to reply to the post.
    Chimehost.com is a new niche market which has not been launched yet but will within 1-2 months. We are preparing for the influx of traffic, as well as support that may require. This market is pointed towards the personal hosting market.
    Gazzin.com is a niche which we concentrate solely on reseller resources only. Many of our resellers opt-in for VPS reselling once they decide that they can sell other services. Usually a discount on dedicated servers + VPS are present once they establish a reseller contract with us on month to month.
    Psychz.net this niche market is pointed towards the corporate hosting. We are only focused on the shared + dedicated + colocation market which the market up is a bit higher compare to the other niche.
    Photonvps - this niche is not online yet but we are still doing further testing before the release.
    Winlintech this is a niche towards the indian market in India. Our support team are present in the India office + USA office which allows us to penetrate their market.
    As a whole psychz.net has been in business since 2001 and here to stay. We are merely targetting each niche allowing us to concentrate on customer needs.
    Being a BBB member since 2004 with a grade of A shows we're simply here to stay.
    If there's any questions or concerns feel free to PM me.
    Profuse hosting shows on their website right now that hosting costs from $00.00 - is that true? hosting is free on this?

Hi,
    Profuse Solutions will not be selling any hosting. That price image will be removed.
    Sorry for the confusion.

KissaMaFeet Guest
    Hi,
    Profuse Solutions will not be selling any hosting. That price image will be removed.
    Sorry for the confusion.
    Oh, okay thanks for the info.
    Aslo, it notes on the subpages that it is Under Contractions. Thats an really odd thing to say on a website. ;-)