Hey guys I am planning on launching a gaming division for a while now and I am just trying to find out what are the hottest games servers to sell. Please post your favorites games server for games you like the most.
    And also do any body in here no any gaming forums?
    Thanks

One of the biggest games, of course, is Counter-Strike source! There will always be a demand for this game, it's huge.
    Other new/good ones:
    Left4Dead (Source Engine)
    Team Fortress 2 (Source Engine)
    Counter Strike 1.6
    Day of Defeat Source
    Battlefield (2, 2142, 1942)
    You're best off looking for someone who knows stuff about game servers before launching, there are quite alot of things to consider.

Call of Duty 4 / 5

I know how to configure alot of game servers. I just asking opions so I know which ones to start with and which ones I need to buy license for.
    Thanks for the reply

I know how to configure alot of game servers. I just asking opions so I know which ones to start with and which ones I need to buy license for.
    Thanks for the reply
    If you want to host battlefield servers then you need to contact EA to be able to host Ranked servers I believe..

Yes I you are correct. I think all ea games you have to have a license to resell servers.
    Thanks for the reply

Battlefield 2
    Battlefield 2142
    Call of Duty 2
    Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
    Call of Duty World at War
    Counter-Strike
    Counter-Strike: Condition Zero
    Counter-Strike: Source
    Counter-Strike: Source (100 Tic)
    Day of Defeat
    Day of Defeat: Source
    Day of Defeat: Source (100 Tic)
    Half-Life 2 + Mods
    Red Orchestra: OSTFront 41-45
    Team Fortress 2
    Those would be my recommendations. Ranked servers are great but as a new player in the market you will most likely have trouble competing with those that are licensed resellers of Ranked servers.
    As for purchasing 'licenses', buying the game is the first start but many of the ones I listed only require you to download a free dedicated server.

Go for the source games; if you know how to host one type of SRCDS server, you know em all pretty much.

I know how to run cs 1.6 servers

Yeah I just broke down and got css 1.6. But your right as a new comer in the gaming market I am going to have to rely on clan communications and stuff like that in order to get business.

CyberWebHosting Guest
    My friend hostes gamer servers he has big promos going on alot such as like 99cents a 10 slot game server.
    Good games too.

Cod4 is the current "heatwave". many CS players had also moved to COD4 since it was out, its one of the biggest games right now.

one thing I will say is make sure you invest your money in the right servers and the right transit provider. gaming traffic is far more sensative then just your average web hosting provider. heed the warning, otherwise your just loose custom due to lag.

good gaming forum is www.srcds.com

From a ex-professional gamer:
    Counter-Strike 1.6
    Counter-Strike: Source
    Call of Duty 2/4/5
    Battlefield 2/2142/1942
    Team Fortress 2
    America's Army
    Day of Defeat

Sell whatever the competition is selling and more

You can also go for Quake III Arena, many peoples still loves to play it

The most important thing is stick with what you know. Don't go providing every game under the sun because you simply won't be able to support it / monitor the servers well enough. But as many people have said. You can't go wrong with the HL1 / HL2 based games along with Americas Army etc. Battlefield games I only reccomend if you have the capital to purchase your own servers and colocate the machines as they require a fair amount of the server's resources when full and overselling when it comes to gaming servers is a big no no
    Best Wishes,

RJB7266 Guest
    Don't even bother trying to get a license from EA. It's a waste of your time. I have a buddy who owns a medium sized gsp and he was denied a license. Unless your like gameservers.com, you won't get one...

I would also go with Source. Its pretty simple to setup and run and lots of games are on that engine. Also CoD4 seems fairly popular.

CS: Source, CS 1.6, TF2, L4D, COD4 / COD:WaW, Condition Zero, BF2 / BF2142. Those are all the big names floating around these days with niche markets for other games (Earths Special Forces, Garrys Mod, FarCry2, etc..). Some good gaming forums/sites:
    http://gsptruth.com/forum
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/
    http://www.fpsadmin.com/forum/
    Best of luck

Cod4 is the current "heatwave". many CS players had also moved to COD4 since it was out, its one of the biggest games right now.
    Definitely, COD4 servers are in such high demand on my boxes, and their one of the hardest servers to host because of the amount of RAM they use.

HostPear Guest
    xfire.com/
    under the todays top games should help
    forums.clantemplates.com is a nice little community the marketplace is espcially good for promotions