View Poll Results: Which hotel are you going to be staying at?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • W

24 61.54%
  • Sheraton

15 38.46%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hotel Poll - W or the Sheraton ?

Those of you attending or planning to attend - vote which hotel you will be checking into?

With the conference not being at a hotel I dont know how lively the hotels will feel, but would still like to stay where most people are staying!

Personally I want to stay at the W but if most people will be in the Sheraton then thats where the antics will be!
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

BTW I know I should have done an "other" option, but only interested in the official hotels
    Matt Wallis

I will probably go with W unless there is a huge price gap when I book for the hotel since I haven't decided 100% to go or not this year. I'm a last minute type of guy

Last year I booked for hotel and plane ticket to Vegas 3-4 days before the first conference day heh.
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cirtex
    I will probably go with W unless there is a huge price gap when I book for the hotel since I haven't decided 100% to go or not this year. I'm a last minute type of guy

Last year I booked for hotel and plane ticket to Vegas 3-4 days before the first conference day heh.
    Let me recommend you not do that this year... for one thing, you probably won't be able to find an available hotel room in Chicago if you wait that long. It's very busy in Chicago in the summer and hotel rooms are often scarce.

Our group rates at the W and Sheraton end on June 29th.
    George A. Roberts IV ~ President & CEO, Purity Networks

Powerful, easy to use antispam services

Not booked yet, but looking like we will be at the W

- Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Cirtex

The Sheraton is $50/night cheaper with the group rates. We'll probably go with whatever hotel is better (or with whatever hotel accomodates most attendees) - most likely the W I guess.

The sheraton has a lot more rooms reserved for the group rate.
    Matt Wallis

Hm I see. I suppose that could be a reason to stay at the Sheraton then.

I think most people haven't decided yet, but it would indeed be nice to post it here once you've made the decision. Meeting up with other people (particularly people from WHT) was definitely the best part of attending in 2005.

Rooms in the W ran out for shoulder days, they are adding more to the group rate allocation right now.

Apparently the W group rooms we're half sold when I spoke to George earlier so need to get in quick!
    Matt Wallis

We've got our rooms at the W booked for the entire week sat->sat.

See you all there, apparently the W has an amazing bar!
    Matt Wallis

I have also hurd the bar is ment to be cheap and good for a hotel of that quality.

It depends on how much of the diary I can free up either side of HC. Looking at staying a day eitherside and being @ the W, although based on being in NewJersey just before, and needing to be in Austin on the Friday, HC's beginning to look unlikely

However back to the point - W would be my hotel of choice
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Speaking about the hotel itself (not the crowd), I would stay at the W. They're usually always more than a step above from Sheraton, and I think the rooms/atmosphere are going to be a lot more modern and trendy too - if that's what you're going for.

I did a search for hotels within 15 km of the Sheraton...there are tons

http://reservations.hotel-guides.us/...&search=Search
    Hockey is Life

The Sheraton is in a better location than the W. I'm surprised that the rate is so inexpensive. And like George said, Chicago summers make it difficult to find room availability at a hotel. Book very early, especially if HostingCon is expecting 1,500 this year.
    [B]KYLE ARNETT | New York City, N.Y.

Reserved a place at both hotels for now. W seems to be the place to be though
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy

The W is where I would like to stay. We'll see though.
    NEXCESS.NET Internet Solutions
    http://nexcess.net

They both look like really nice places... and fairly close to the pier.
    Rob Moore
    DemoWolf.com - Video Support Tutorials for Web Hosting Providers - since 2005.
    Video Tutorials for cPanel, Plesk, WordPress, Email, DNS, FTP and more!
    Custom Video Factory | Video Tutorial Translations | Branded Video Tutorials

I dutifully investigated the bar at the W in Times Square. It was pretty good so hopefully Chicago will be too
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy

count me in, i will be coming from india.

Got my flights booked for two of us from Halifax (Nova Scotia, Canada), rooms booked at the Sheraton, and exhibit space booked with George. We're good to go, and looking forward to it!
    Rob Moore

i have booked tickets in W. who else i can expect to see there?

$179/night plus taxes, so probably somewhere around $200/night, right?

Is there any reason to stay at these two hotels? Will there be some events or something else going on at them? I don't mind spending the money, but I don't expect to spend much time in the hotel room except at night to sleep.

I was in Chicago this past weekend and paid $55/night for a room with 2 queen size beds at the O'Hare airport Hilton. After taxes, I think it was $70?

One other thing to be careful in Chicago of is parking... the Hilton charges $40/day(night?) for valet, or you can park in the garage across the street at $2/hour with a $26 max (overnight). The rest of the downtown area, even parking during lunch in a garage won't be less than $12 or $14. Street parking is an option, however Monday through Friday, there are a lot of restrictions and many tow zones are in effect, be aware! Navy Pier has its own parking area and is very convenient and easy to use. I don't know if the cost of parking there will be included because this is a conference or not though. Wherever you decide to stay, contact them in advance and know what it will be. There is a $50 price difference in the two hotels listed. If one includes parking and the other doesn't, it's possible that gap will lower to $10, at which point they're going to be very close.

For those wondering how I got the deal at the Hilton, I booked it through Priceline.com. I did it on my way to Chicago from the car. I booked it the same day that I wanted to stay, and still got it for $55. They have a section where you can "name your own price." Basically, when there are left over rooms, hotels will tell them to sell as many as they can, above a minimum price. You can't pick the hotel, but you can choose things like location, rating in stars, etc.

I've been to Chicago many times, I usually make 2-3 trips there every year, and there are members here that live in Chicago, so feel free to ask any questions that you might have.
    Ankit Gupta - Cernax Hosting
    "We're always second in the industry, the customer comes first."

Since we're flying in to Chicago, I thought it would be best to be at a hotel that's very near HostingCon.... as we won't have a car. I'd rather stay close to the show than have to commute from O'Hare. But that's just me
    Rob Moore

Hehe, I hadn't thought about that at all - whenever I go to Chicago, I go to a few different areas and so O'Hare has ended up being fine since I'd have to drive to the other places anyway.

I'll see if I can find alternative hotels in the area closer to Navy Pier, that completely skipped my mind!
    Ankit Gupta - Cernax Hosting
    "We're always second in the industry, the customer comes first."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast