Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LxLabs Piss Poor Support

Hello all,

I must say, I am rather surprised. I have a client (consulting work) who wanted to get into selling VPS. A simple email to LxLabs regarding their licenses promotion as quoted below:

"Hello,

I just want to confirm a few things, as I am new to this service. When I enter my HyperVM Licenses It says for the master machine how many do I plan to use.

If I simply say 2 can that be updated at any time? I have 2 vps that need to be setup tomorrow, however I am also actively selling VPS but do not want to pay unless they are being used.

Any insight would be great! "

And the response I got was outta this world:

"Pricing is the same for everyone, either one night with your underage sister, or a dead cow."

Has anyone ever had this issue?

That's interesting.
    Last edited by eclouds; 04-01-2009 at 05:49 PM.
    Website Design and Marketing in France
    www.SagaNET.fr

Hello,

Just to be fair, below is the screen shot of the conversation from their "helpdesk".

Also elcouds, please don’t discredit myself. I have been around the industry as long as you. Or at least on FreeWebSpace and the "Temporarily Suspended" tag on my name is due to an glitch issue with the latest hacking which Bear is aware of and will be fixing.
    Last edited by Josh-D; 04-01-2009 at 05:46 PM.

Therse another thread from VN-Ken with a similar report but he thinks hacking, which would make a lot more sence.. (and its someone I would trust to post the truth)
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com

I had considered that a possibility, as it took a few days for a response and then that’s what I get. I have emailed and posted on their forums for an update.

None the less, that’s very distasteful.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh-D View Post
    Hello,

Just to be fair, below is the screen shot of the conversation from their "helpdesk".

Also elcouds, please don’t discredit myself. I have been around the industry as long as you. Or at least on FreeWebSpace and the "Temporarily Suspended" tag on my name is due to an glitch issue with the latest hacking which Bear is aware of and will be fixing.
    That explains it I thought you got suspended for posting this.
    Website Design and Marketing in France
    www.SagaNET.fr

Interesting lol i wish there was a glitch for Preminuim Membership haha jk :p
    〓〓 RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    〓〓 Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting
    〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/
    〓〓 My fancy email dustin@racknerd.com

I think they got hacked.. again..

They do make one hell of a product though. In defense of lx I must say they are geared solely for the mass of "no support needed" admins. I know your question was simple and to the point but they probably have documentation (if you search hard enough) which would fully explain 99.9% of issues. I had an issue with there latest update and rdiff but instead of trying to fix an issue which will self-heal on the next update I just decided to do rdiff manually and bypass their built in option. Lx is a great company in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by bigks View Post
    Lx is a great company in my opinion.
    Great company!? Don't you mean product?

Maybe if they invoiced customers they could hire support...
    -- Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Adam H View Post

Oops, yeah meant product. I guess we found the anal one in the group.

Well I'm shutting down our HyperVM installs just to be safe...

http://forum.lxlabs.com/index.php?t=...833&#msg_60833

"Actually, the problem was that our admin password was the same as the one we used for our password at webhostingtalk.com, and so somebody figured out our admin password.

There is no other issue here.

thanks."

Quote Originally Posted by a2b2 View Post
    I would say thats quite a big issue.
    -- Adam

Great job reusing passwords, when will people learn.
    VPSnoc.com offers high quality Xen® OpenVZ & Windows® Virtual Private Servers at affordable prices.
    99.95% Uptime | 24/7/365 Support | Unmetered bandwidth.
    Follow us: twitter.com/VPSnoc

Quote Originally Posted by a2b2 View Post
    http://forum.lxlabs.com/index.php?t=...833&#msg_60833

"Actually, the problem was that our admin password was the same as the one we used for our password at webhostingtalk.com, and so somebody figured out our admin password.

There is no other issue here.

thanks."
    WOW. They must have had a dictionary password or something, md5 + salt isn't that easy to brute force when you have a good password.

I am puzzled by the phrase 'figured it out'
    ColoInSeattle - From 1U to cage space colocation in Seattle
    ServerStadium - Affordable Dedicated Servers
    Come visit our 18k sq ft. facility in Seattle!
    Managed Private Cloud | Colocation | Disaster Recovery | Dedicated Servers

Quote Originally Posted by bigks View Post
    They do make one hell of a product though. In defense of lx I must say they are geared solely for the mass of "no support needed" admins. I know your question was simple and to the point but they probably have documentation (if you search hard enough) which would fully explain 99.9% of issues. I had an issue with there latest update and rdiff but instead of trying to fix an issue which will self-heal on the next update I just decided to do rdiff manually and bypass their built in option. Lx is a great company in my opinion.
    I had always heard good stuff about the product, thats why I recommended it as their start as they do not have as much money as I would like to see them have when starting in the industry.

But that kind of response, is very scary.

They should at least email everyone and notify/apologize for the rude replies and update on the current situation. Someone replied to my ticket saying that they "worked my mother" my mother is a saint !
    VPSnoc.com offers high quality Xen® OpenVZ & Windows® Virtual Private Servers at affordable prices.
    99.95% Uptime | 24/7/365 Support | Unmetered bandwidth.
    Follow us: twitter.com/VPSnoc

Agreed,

Well I don’t really see a point carrying on this conversation. It is apparent that LxLabs is to a degree unprofessional with their attitude of this happening.

It is also apparent they did not do this intentionally. However this is harmful if they do not contact me now to apologize etc. As the quote they sent is what my client will see. Even with a note, that will turn them away for sure.

Invoices

Quote Originally Posted by Adam H View Post

I totally agree. I have been trying to pay them for about 6 months and get nothing back from there support regarding monthly invoices. I never would have thought it was be so hard to pay a company.

I figured something was wrong when I received a reply to an old ticket today with this:

"Boy you really suck donkey c***s."

I guess you shouldn't post any server information in their tickets from now on. If you can't use their support ticket system for security reasons, then I'm not sure how you can get support from them.
    Last edited by DMEHosting; 04-01-2009 at 10:13 PM.
    www.opticip.com - Optic IP LLC

At least you got a reply. I've had MULTIPLE tickets opened on LxLabs for many months that have gone unanswered. I have never gotten a single reply (tried from many different email providers). Support is non-existent. Since we couldn't get any support we built our own infrastructure. Even the forums go unanswered.

I guess I can't complain about the hacker, at least he gives some customer service. (replying to support tickets)
    www.opticip.com - Optic IP LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy059 View Post
    I guess I can't complain about the hacker, at least he gives some customer service. (replying to support tickets)
    Nice.

What about the passwords people put in support tickets when they asked for help? This could get ugly.
    VPSVille.com
    Toronto, London, Dallas, Los Angeles
    Quality VPS hosting on Premium bandwidth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast