* My websites wont show.

Im not sure what it is, but none of my websites show up. Other users can see my sites, but i cant.

Why is this happening?

Your ISP's DNS problem? Happen whenever I move ip# for web sites.
    Sarcasm, the 6th Ponyman of the Apocalypse.
    Please do not inquire about Tim, the 5th Ponyman.

It can be a lot of reasons. Can you tell us the sites?
    OCEAN HOST
    www.ocean-host.com
    Get Online. Reach Worldwide.
    Check our uptime

my sites would be...

charminglayouts.com
    perfectedprofiles.com
    drift240sx.com

i have more, under the same host.

Have you just moved host? The local ISP cache your DNS settings, some of them don't update all that often. Sometimes it take 20 mins, sometimes it take 48 hours.

I can reach all your site fine.

I can get to your site just fine, are you able to ping the ip address of the server? Maybe there is a firewall ban on you?

(btw, your perfectedprofiles site is awesome =D)

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyTigger
    Have you just moved host? The local ISP cache your DNS settings, some of them don't update all that often. Sometimes it take 20 mins, sometimes it take 48 hours.

I can reach all your site fine.
    Well, come to think of it, i did had change some nameservers like 2 weeks ago though. I know it came back for like a day, then right back to what it was again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailseh
    I can get to your site just fine, are you able to ping the ip address of the server? Maybe there is a firewall ban on you?

(btw, your perfectedprofiles site is awesome =D)
    Yea, everyone else can get to my sites just fine, except me.
    I dont know what it is, and how do i ping the ip of the server?

(and thanks for the comment about my site )

Are yer running any sort of like web server on the local PC that might possibly overrode ye ole localhost file and thus you're getting directed back to your PC when it should of went and gotten a DNS resolution?

2 week's too long, longest I've had ISP DNS cache problem was with AOL for like 5 days. Do a ping charminglayouts.com , it should return the IP number it's pinging, is it the same number as the site is supposed to be on?

Charminglayouts.com A record point to 66.79.186.173

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyTigger
    Are yer running any sort of like web server on the local PC that might possibly overrode ye ole localhost file and thus you're getting directed back to your PC when it should of went and gotten a DNS resolution?

2 week's too long, longest I've had ISP DNS cache problem was with AOL for like 5 days. Do a ping charminglayouts.com , it should return the IP number it's pinging, is it the same number as the site is supposed to be on?

Charminglayouts.com A record point to 66.79.186.173

Well, i dont think im runnin a web server on my pc porsay. I have a webserver to host my sites though.

I did a ping for my charminglayouts -

www.charminglayouts.com ONLINE 35.74 ms

Is what i got.

Any other help on this?

Start -> Run -> cmd -> nslookup www.charminglayouts.com

See if you get 66.79.186.173 - if not, either you or your ISP is caching it.

R. Solutions,

Did you go to the cmd prompt and try nslooup yet? Can you view your sites. What is your status? Who is your ISP?
    Patrick K. HendersonSales Manager
    LiquidWeb.com
    StormOnDemand.com
    Twitter: LW_Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by nocebo
    Start -> Run -> cmd -> nslookup www.charminglayouts.com

See if you get 66.79.186.173 - if not, either you or your ISP is caching it.

I did it, and it does come back as that IP address. But still cant view my site.

Your nameservers appear to be responding fine and you are resolving the IP, can you ping it?

go to start->run->cmd and ping -n 10 charminglayouts.com

If you get timeouts it's possible you are being firewalled a traceroute will show that,

instead of ping -n 10 use tracert charminglayouts.com

-Scott
    Server Management - AdminGeekZ.com
    Infrastructure Management, Web Application Performance, mySQL DBA. System Automation.
    WordPress/Magento Performance, Apache to Nginx Conversion, Varnish Implimentation, DDoS Protection, Custom Nginx Modules
    Check our wordpress varnish plugin. Contact us for quote: sales@admingeekz.com

However, if you can ping your site but cannot browse, you browser may be screwed. I imagine you can get to other sites? Did you say whether you had Norton Internet Security, McAfee Security Center, Zone Alarm, Panda Security, Trend Micro Something? Do you have any other computers in the house?
    LiquidWeb.com
    StormOnDemand.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scott.Mc
    Your nameservers appear to be responding fine and you are resolving the IP, can you ping it?

go to start->run->cmd and ping -n 10 charminglayouts.com

If you get timeouts it's possible you are being firewalled a traceroute will show that,

instead of ping -n 10 use tracert charminglayouts.com

-Scott

Hi,

I did what you said, and yes it was timed out. I did the tracerroute and got this....

http://i13.tinypic.com/2w3ntsk.gif

R. Solutions,

I ran a tracetroute to your domain and after 205.209.190.146 it stopped responding. Your traceroute did the same thing, and your last IP hop was also on this managedsg-inc.com too. It may be that someone is not allowing ICMP traffic to that IP, but I can view your website. Tell me about your desktop configuration: OS, Browser, AV/FW Programs, and I assuming you can view other sites. Do you have a 2nd computer in the house you can use to test with? If we rule out computer problems, you may want to contact your ISP and see if they can view your website.
    Last edited by LiquidWebPatrick; 12-15-2006 at 10:31 AM.
    LiquidWeb.com
    StormOnDemand.com

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidWebPatrick
    R. Solutions,

I ran a tracetroute to your domain and after 205.209.190.146 it stopped responding. Your traceroute did the same thing, and your last IP hop was also on this managedsg-inc.com too. It may be that someone is not allowing ICMP traffic to that IP, but I can view your website. Tell me about your desktop configuration: OS, Browser, AV/FW Programs, and I assuming you can view other sites. Do you have a 2nd computer in the house you can use to test with? If we rule out computer problems, you may want to contact your ISP and see if they can view your website.

Thanks, a second computer is at hand, and its only mine, my dads laptop can view my sites, but not on this cmputer.

R. Solutions,

I believe we isolated the problem to your computer. Are you able to view other sites and do you have any Anti-Virus/FireWall programs on your desktop? Try to disable the XPSP2 FW just for kicks.

Start>Run>

TYPE "firewall.cpl" and hit ENTER on your key board. It should give you an option to turn it off from the General Tab. Do you have any of the above programs installed that I mentioned. Are you using IE or Mozilla FireFox or Netscape?
    LiquidWeb.com
    StormOnDemand.com

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidWebPatrick
    R. Solutions,

I believe we isolated the problem to your computer. Are you able to view other sites and do you have any Anti-Virus/FireWall programs on your desktop? Try to disable the XPSP2 FW just for kicks.

Start>Run>

TYPE "firewall.cpl" and hit ENTER on your key board. It should give you an option to turn it off from the General Tab. Do you have any of the above programs installed that I mentioned. Are you using IE or Mozilla FireFox or Netscape?
    Im able to view other sites but no mine that are under that general hosting that i have. Also, my firewall was already off from the start.

Im using IE, i also tried it in FF, and it wont come up either.

The problem is probably related to your Windows Defender. Two browsers won't display two sites, it has to be a FW issue.
    LiquidWeb.com
    StormOnDemand.com

Open the command line like you did before, then issue the following command
    Code:
    telnet www.charminglayouts.com 80
    This will try to establish a connection and you will see if the connection itself works. If it doesnt you have a local problem, like a firewall or some other "security" application (given your father's notebook is connected via the same network, otherwise it could be an ISP issue too).

If it works type the following lines (dont forget hitting the enter key three times as shown)
    Code:
    GET / HTTP/1.1[HIT ENTER]
    Host: www.charminglayouts.com[HIT ENTER]
    [HIT ENTER]
    and see whether you get the HTML code of your site.

Right now, my sites are up and i can view them. I just wonder how long til i cant see them again.

Quote Originally Posted by zoid
    Open the command line like you did before, then issue the following command
    Code:
    telnet www.charminglayouts.com 80
    This will try to establish a connection and you will see if the connection itself works. If it doesnt you have a local problem, like a firewall or some other "security" application (given your father's notebook is connected via the same network, otherwise it could be an ISP issue too).

If it works type the following lines (dont forget hitting the enter key three times as shown)
    Code:
    GET / HTTP/1.1[HIT ENTER]
    Host: www.charminglayouts.com[HIT ENTER]
    [HIT ENTER]
    and see whether you get the HTML code of your site.

Well, my sites are down once again. But i tried that cmd you sstated and it times out when tryin to connect, so i'll go ahead and see about any firewalls and what not.