Instabill not activating accountsfrom Malaysia

Hi just received an email from Instabill support

------

Hello,

Thanks for contacting Instabill Support Team.

We would like to inform you that we are not activating Merchants from Malaysia at the moment.

Feel free to contact us and we will be glad to assist.

Regards,
    Victoria Gibson,
    Support Team Member,
    Support Team,
    www.instabill.com

------
    support@instabill.com

Any ideas for a monthly-fee free CC processor for Malaysians?

Jonathan
      0 Not allowed!

damn!! malaysia getting black balled everywhere eh?
    The Php Support Desk
    http://www.phpsupportdesk.com
    Custom programming - kunal @ e-phoria.com
    http://www.pingzine.com - Ping!Zine. the FREE, FRESH and EXCITING Web Hosting Magazine...
      0 Not allowed!

I am also from Malaysia and also received the same thing when I email them to activate my account.

Looks like we all Malaysians are bad and get blacklisted for something that wasn't our fault.

Anyway, I am not blaming anybody, just sad that this has to happen to us Malaysians, I spent approximately $150.00 monthly to pay my hosts as I am a reseller and also purchase books from Amazon online all using my credit card and my card is good as any cash and never had any problems for the last 3 years.

If we can't get the service from other countries, then we have no alternative but to use our local Host providers although there are very few of them and slightly expensive but al least we don't have to worry of being branded thieves and cheaters by others.

Just my views.
      0 Not allowed!

Credit History

Problem with Malaysia is that there's no credit history system like the US. In Malaysia you can do all kinds of fraud no one would keep track of your history. That's why people are more likely to commit fraud or bad credit practices. And also the reason American creditors are nervous about doing business with countries without proper credit tracking system (not just Malaysia)

In US however, everyone behaves when it comes to money because your credit activity is being monitored. Have a friend who forgot to pay his university tuition and when he returned to US from Malaysia, found that his bank account frozed and not allowed to open a bank account ANYWHERE in US! He can forget about buying a car for a while or even getting a credit card.

If I were a creditor I would have more confidence dealing with Americans than Malaysian (despite being a Malaysian myself - no offence).
      0 Not allowed!

I just signed up with 2checkout.com and was activated.
      0 Not allowed!

* :( from Russia too

Hello,

Thanks for your message.

This is to inform you that we are not activating Merchants from Russia at
    the moment.

Pls. Feel free to contact us and we will be glad to assist.

Regards,
    Victoria Gibson,
    Support Team Member,
    Support Team,
    www.instabill.com
    support@instabill.com
      0 Not allowed!

Try 2checkout.com.... same price as ravecom but the fee is 5.5% + USD0.45 per transaction.

At least they are accepting International Users.
      0 Not allowed!

I agree maybe other countries(including Malaysia) may not be as sophisticated as the U.S. in keeping records and history of its peoples' activities.

In this case, in particular Istabill.com stated that they accept international merchants. So to add salt to the wound, they mislead you to sign-up and later tell you that they don't accept merchants from certain countries.

Anyway, it's their business and they can do whatever they like but to me, it's plain stupid and very unprofessional of them to mislead people, we have better things to do and can look elsewhere if we only were warned about their restrictions in the first place before we sign-up.

Any comments or am I facing a brickwall???
    Last edited by cactus; 07-06-2001 at 12:46 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Real frustrating esp. when InstaBill.com's tech ppl was helping me to set up the CGI scripts, and then the sales dept says they are not activating Malaysian accounts.
      0 Not allowed!

Is 2checkout.com reliable ? Their rate is cheaper than revecom.com and I am interested.

By the way, I am from Malaysia as well. I have an account at Instabill.com and Revecom.com . I registered before they decided not to accept Malaysia merchants anymore. So, I have no problems.
      0 Not allowed!

I thought ravecom's fee is USD1.00 + 3.95% per transaction
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Donavan
    By the way, I am from Malaysia as well. I have an account at Instabill.com and Revecom.com . I registered before they decided not to accept Malaysia merchants anymore. So, I have no problems
    Thank God, they do have some common sense and not discriminate against existing merchant accounts from Malaysia.
      0 Not allowed!

Thumbs down

revecom is the same as instabill it take too long to seattle an order
      0 Not allowed!

zbco:
    True, but for small transactions, $1 is killing me.

cactus:
    If they do so, they will be losing a lot of money. Many international merchants use them.

SuperSim:
    Is it? It usually takes me only 1 day to capture the payment.
      0 Not allowed!

2checkout.com

Originally posted by zbco
    I just signed up with 2checkout.com and was activated.
    Hi,

Good for you! At least you could signed up with 2checkout.com!

As an Iranian company, I can't sign up anywhere! The only company that Iraian companies have to work with is CCNow.com for handling credit card proccesing, but CCNow.com is for tangible products only.

I've searched WHT completely and I've found many companies like revecom and ... . But none of them accept Iranian companies.

I think, I may be able to work with 2checkout.com through one of my friends in US, but can I trust them? has anybody worked with them?

Thanks,
    Payam Moin Afshari
      0 Not allowed!

Maybe you need cybercash.net or authorize.net
      0 Not allowed!

Malaysian...

Anyone tried ipayment by lelong.com.my?

I don't have things to lelong there... so I don't think I can even get to apply for it.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by zbco
    Malaysian...

Anyone tried ipayment by lelong.com.my?

I don't have things to lelong there... so I don't think I can even get to apply for
    Haha, good point zbco but I think for the benefit of members here, I better explain...

lelong means auction in English ... Hehe we sometimes speak Chinese, Malay, English when we converse with each other so please excuse the Greek if you get confused.
      0 Not allowed!

Hello ppl over there,

We are using Revecom at the moment, and recently they become more and more strict to ASIA merchant.

And we are looking for a real merchant account (still looking and looking).

Why not take a look at this merchant www.billcc.com, I found this at another thread at this board. I have sign up with them this morning and it is instant activation. Their rate is low compare to Revecom.

billCC.com's standard* commission rate is 7.9%, plus 60 cents per transaction. The commission rate is only applied to those transactions that have been completed successfully.

If you are Malaysia merchant and selling tangible products, you may also take a look at this merchant: www.securecom.com.my

******** - ASP, ASP.NET. Windows 2008 Hosting - Windows Reseller Plans

1 Exabyte = two to the sixtieth power byte, 1,152,921,504,606,846,976 bytes
      0 Not allowed!

Pricing of billCC... did you see this KSStudion?

International (non US Clients) pay 8.90% commission .

unless of course you are getting discounts for begin a high volume merchant.
      0 Not allowed!