Anybody running ModernBILL on a Cobalt Raq4

Has anybody successfully installed the Zend Version of ModernBILL on a Cobalt Raq4r ?

I am having a TON of problems !

ditto
    i just gave up.
    What a rip

raq4less,

Have you submitted the question to ModernBill? www.modernbill.com/contact.php

justsilly, what's a rip?
    ModernBill
    Web Host Billing Software
    www.ModernBill.com

> raq4less

Please make sure you also install zend optimzer, which is a requirement for the zend version.

It is a free download from here:

http://www.zend.com/store/products/zend-optimizer.php

> justsilly

I think the name says it all. No pun intended.
    ModernBill .:. Client Billing System
    http://www.modernbill.com

We installed Modern Bill on a RaQ4 without any problems. If you need help pm me.

Mike

Originally posted by MBill Admin
    raq4less,

Have you submitted the question to ModernBill? www.modernbill.com/contact.php
    Yes, and they have been very helpful. I was Just trying to find somebody that had experience with the Raq4 & Modernbill together.

I found "My" mistake... I Didn't RTFM like I should have!

It's up now, and "slicker then snot on a hand rail".

Now, I'll get it configured to suit my needs and start saving myself hours of time once a month doing Billing.
    Last edited by raq4less; 08-14-2002 at 05:19 PM.

raq4less

Is ModernBill still working OK for you? - I'm hoping to be able to put it on my RaQ 550, what do you think?

Hello,

Modernbill does work with all raq servers that have php,apache and either zend optimizer, ioncube or sonn coming sourceforge support.

I run it on a raq4r with a problem. Things that did to enhance it was compile a seperate version of curl and a new seperate version of openssl.

Workswell.

regards

Jjma

Forgot to mention mysql.

jjma

Originally posted by Nology
    raq4less

Is ModernBill still working OK for you? - I'm hoping to be able to put it on my RaQ 550, what do you think?
    Yes, We have it installed "Finally" and it is operational. We have only about 10% of our customer base in it and we are still doing things within mb manually. Everything appears to be running as planned, and by April or May, we'll have 100% of current and new customer in it.

I have it on a Raq4r machine myself, I have not installed it on a Raq550. I don't see why it would be a problem on a Raq550 though.

Well I finally got ModernBill going on our RaQ 550 and I must say after a bit of perseverance with the install we are very happy with it. Pretty slick piece of S/W for the price!

I'm trying to install modernbill on my RAQ 550. I followed the instruction in the Manual (installed zend optimezer etc.) but it's not working yet.

When I try to access the /modernbill/install_v4/ through my browser I get this errror:

Internal Sever error.

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Your administrator may not have enabled CGI access for this directory.

Is this a .htaccess problem?

Nology, does this sound familiar to you? How did you solve it?

John

You could try and delete the .htaccess file in the install_v4 directory - I think I did and it seemed to install okay.

Jon

jjma & capricornnl that does sound correct from memory. Delete .htaccess files on the RaQ, I'm sure it worked fine after that.

Don't give up on it... it's worth it, ModernBill is great and has become an integral part of our business now.

de leting the .htaccess did the trick.

Thanks

Originally posted by capricornnl
    de leting the .htaccess did the trick.

Thanks
    Good news..

Jjma

I seem to have a curl problem; when trying to install Modernbill the install hangs on the point where it checks the curl installation.

Anyone had this problem as well and knows how to solve it?

Did ou put the absolute path to curl?

Jjma

Can you please tell me where to put this?

Ps. I think that curl is found; when I run top on the cobalt I see that it is running, but uses 98% of the systems capacity so I think the problem isn't the path?!

Hello

You need to tell it exactly where curl is in the ssystem config panel (i think). If you want you can install the latest curl into a different location and point MB at that.

Jjma

Ah. Yes the curl problem. I can't remember how we got around it. We either deleted the Curl test script and it worked, or we copied the html form from the screen right before the curl test, and then we forged the form data and pressed submit so that it would skip the curl test. I can't remember which one.

But IT WILL install on a RaQ4.
    Paradox Web Hosting - codyw@paradox-group.com
    - Shared and Dedicated Hosting Solutions: www.paradoxwebhosting.com
    - Auto Sales Manager 2004 now available!: www.autosalesmanager.com

I got it working!

What you need to do is while running the curl test just kill curl on the command line. You'll get an error from the modernbill install script then, but just press continue and it will continue and even better: it will work

Thanks guys

Hi Guys,

I want to know does modernbill work with the RAQ550?
    I want to install this on one of the servers. If anyone has done an install on this server please let me know.

Si