Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I need a freakin cigarette! Who here smokes?

I'm feeling like I need to get me some of that sweet sweet nicotine in my system. I quit four years ago and never gave it a second thought. Now, all the sudden today i'm craving it like never before! Who here is a smoker?

I am. Here, have one of mine
    Web Hosting since 1999

I gave it up 8 mths ago after smoking it for 10 years....

My father developed lung cancer. He smoked until he was like 35 and now he is 65. So he quit for 30 years ago. but scientists now all say when you are 35 or something and you smoke, your chances of developing something unpleasant is the highest.

I smoke. But will not help you break your non-smoking habit. Sorry.
    Don't you walk thru my words
    You got to show some respect
    Don't you walk thru my words
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet

Smoking is expensive and unhealthy. I tried a cigarette one time many years ago, and decided there were better ways to kill myself.

Quitting smoking is easy. I've done it a thousand times.
    Mark Twain

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Tried to quit, girlfriend keeps driving me back to it. Go figure, she doesn't smoke.

Nullnic

No, do not want a lung cancer.

That is strange. I quit about 22 years ago. The first month was hard. Having a craving out of the blue years later is not something I have had. I have had dreams in which I have relapsed to smoking, however when I'd wake up there was no craving to smoke.
    What to do? Obviously, try to resist it. Maybe exercise will help.
    If you do cave in (which you should try to avoid), if a few puffs take the edge off, quit then. Do not surrender to the thought that you are a smoker again and must therefore smoke the rest of the cigarette or any more cigarettes.

I have been an on again, off again smoker for quite a while - albeit more off than on. The first time I attempted to quit, after having smoked for around 4 years (I'm only 23 now) was the hardest. It took me multiple attempts. I always used the excuse that I have an "addictive personality". It was quite painful to go even a few hours, let alone a few days, without a cigarette. I used to chain smoke and was envious of so-called social smokers, having thought I would never be able to label myself as one.

Now I can give up on a whim. I don't like to smoke, and would prefer not to, and can easily do without. Giving up is a piece of cake. I'm "off" at the moment - the only time I really do smoke is when I have people staying with me that do. But my partner has also now quit so I think we ought to just quit for good now.

Ive tried smoking twice. It just leaves your mouth with a disgusting filthy taste, i dont know how anyone can reguarly smoke them...

The World Governments should take out a class action against smokers and Gigarette companies. In most civilised countries it is against the law to kill people. If we run over somebody or drop a safe on their head, or accidently shoot them with an arrow etc etc we would be charged with murder, or man-slaughter or at the least grevious bodily harm, yet smokers are blowing there poisonous gases over us and we are dying by the hundreds of thousand from all sorts of things like lung cancer etc etc and thses people are getting away with it.

Doc
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    Need help? just ask The Doctor
    House calls a specialty
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy ?

Smoking should only be allowed in the smoker's house/property. That is it. I do not want to offend smokers, but the evidence of how bad secondhand smoke is overwhelming. Smoking should be banned in all public places.

I used to crave dipping in certain situations after I quit (and still do sometimes) but never had nicotine cravings per se since then.
    Rich
    Husband, Father, Retired Marine, Geek

Good ol' Kent is my choice. Smoking 2 packs a day. Nothing beats a good smoke.
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli

As a reformed smoker, I am of course anti-smoking. And some smoke-filled rooms can be terrible. Before former Secretary of Veterans Affairs Ed Derwinski decided that VA hospitals would become smoke-free, the smoke in some ward dayrooms was awful. And yet, I have noticed a lot of hypocrisy by non-smokers. On some ski trips and camping trips, non-smokers would do the dying swan act if someone lit a cigarette, even while acting oblivious to much heavier wood fire smoke.

Originally posted by AceWeb
    No, do not want a lung cancer.
    Smart. My Dad died of lung cancer which metasized to his entire body, brain, neck, liver, spleen, everywhere. He died May 11, 2005. Today would have been his 74th birthday. Jesse, fight the craving and don't pick up the habit again!

Nope, don't smoke, although I've tried a few times and can smoke a cigarette with something approaching aplomb.

I once worked with a guy who had smoked since he was around 13 (or less). He was also a heavy coffee drinker. He tried to quit, and after about three days of raging irritability and hyperactivity he broke down. I don't envy anyone trying to kick the habit.

Well, I didn't smoke. I went to bed and now I don't feel like one

Not to mention... the medical expenses if you dont have insurance, totally drained my family's small wealth..............

If you smoke. Make sure you also buy medical insurance or have a great policy. Or else. When something (touch wood) does happen, your family, parents will not have to sell everything for your puffing pleasure.

I don't smoke either .. I don't mind it, just would rather spend my money on other things. One of my aunts has been smoking for as long as I can remember, probably between 20 - 30 years, I'm pretty certain that she'll get cancer or some type of disease because of her habit.

Originally posted by Jesse_613
    Well, I didn't smoke. I went to bed and now I don't feel like one
    Good job, Jesse_613! I'm glad you got through that temptation to backslide without giving in to it.

Smoking is bad. I see no point in it, it just kills slowly you and wastes money.
    Custom Cloud Solutions - innoix.com

I agree with everyone who is an anti-smoker. There was a time where I was a social smoker, and if someone offered me one I would take one. I never got addicted and I never really liked it but i did it to be social.

I do get the occasion although I dont smoke where I get cravings of something like smoking. Its strange, I just get stressed and sometimes think "I wish i could smoke", But i dont and never will. All my grand parents have died of smoking related cancer and personally I never want to put my wife nor my child through that. So now I reject everything and never get cravings... I refuse to get them.
    Seeksadmin.com Owner: Providing Security, Administration and Optimization since 2001

Now Offering Windows Serivces.

The numbers of smokers in Australia is dropping. It is around 20% at the moment. Unfortunately the bad news is that teenagers and children are still taking up the habit. In Victoria a new law is about to come into being that bands smoking in Hotels, Cafe's, Restaraunts and many other public venues. It is already band in Government buildings.

From my own observations I think there is far more women smoking than men.

It is slowly becoming an anti socail act. I personally have zero tolerance. I won't have anybody smoking on my premises even if they go out side. I don't want my daughter around smokers. I will not visit households where there is a smoker.

Doc
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    Need help? just ask The Doctor
    House calls a specialty
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast