Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thumbs down EZPZ Resller is it time to change company? bad experience after long time

In december its down 4th time.
    1st downtime 3-4 hour
    2nd downtime 10-12 hour
    3rd downtime 5-6 hour=Litespeed failed to connect to their licensing servers
    4th downtime now=they reply in ticket=>(Fscks do not give an ETA thus we are unable to provide one. Thank you for your patience. )i dont know whats this,can anyone tell me?

They open network issue ticket for simple rebooting...but still not open any ticket or notificaton for large downtime.

In they are page:
    Our Uptime Promise
    At EZPZ Hosting, we stand behind our services and back them up with our 99.9% Uptime Promise. We promise that if our uptime, which is monitored remotely, falls below 99.9% we will credit your account to cover the downtime.
    Server Uptime Screenshot:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uptime.png 
Views:	318 
Size:	8.1 KB 
ID:	21045

Server Uptime Screenshot in 3rd party site:
    http://i.imgur.com/9dKij.png

really disappoint with EZPZ reseller account.what about other user? other user may not facing problem cause all are not in same server.

anyone please suggest other reputated master reseller?
      0 Not allowed!

Hi,

The majority of the issues we've been having have been due to poor hardware from Softlayer, with drives being installed that already have errors and extremely poor support when something goes wrong.

Investigations on this server are also showing a drive issue. Needless to say we are not going to be using Softlayer for future servers and will be seeking another provider in Dallas.

Anyone affected by this will be credited as per our SLA.
      0 Not allowed!

I am on us7 and have been for about 2 months. I am extremely disappointed with the uptime and am starting a search for a new host. After reading so many great reviews about them I am shocked. This is my fist time doin a reseller so imagine my horror after only 2 months and having this much down time. I also had other downtime when my Name servers where installed wrong (I don't control that) and when my ssl was mis configured. I ended up trouble shooting both and informing them. I do agree support is pretty fast but that can only go so far.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_EZPZ View Post
    Hi,

The majority of the issues we've been having have been due to poor hardware from Softlayer, with drives being installed that already have errors and extremely poor support when something goes wrong.

Investigations on this server are also showing a drive issue. Needless to say we are not going to be using Softlayer for future servers and will be seeking another provider in Dallas.

if the problems have been due to poor hardware from Softlayer and support is poor, I think it's best to transfer accounts to another server in another datacenter, it is important that the problem is solved permanently.
      0 Not allowed!

EZPZ's support has been outstanding. They are beyond helpful when it comes to helping set everything up. There are a few hiccups with their VPS reseller program (the OS templates are a little outdated and the server specs don't match what's advertised, even after I called it to their attention), but downtime notwithstanding, my experience has been very positive overall.

I can sympathize with them if they're getting bad hardware from Softlayer. This is surprising, since I always thought Softlayer to be one of the high-end providers themselves. But if they're installing bad hardware, there's little EZPZ can do.

I still think that EZPZ offers the best overall value -- again, downtime notwithstanding. They've got the perfect combination of Litespeed / end-user support / great speeds / cPanel extras / WHM extras / price. I can't say I'm ready to bail just yet, but if this keeps up, I certainly will be.

The best support in the world is nothing if my sites keep going down every other week. I haven't opened for business yet and I don't look forward to having to switch everyone to a new DC / provider in month #2. I really hope they can get this permanently fixed ASAP.
    The world would be a better place if people drank better coffee.
      0 Not allowed!

I understand Dan't point but As an end customer, I am not concerned if they get bad server or hardware from their vendors or datacenter. I am also not a big fan of of SLA where the credit is only for the time when the service was down..
      0 Not allowed!

Hi,

If its problem about softlayer why you not transferred dc?At least You think about all customer of you and yours customers-customer you get bad reputation means we also get bad reputation from our client .what we say to our client?

As per your SLA i maybe get 4 month payment from ezpz cause:
    June 99.67%
    Jully 99.72%
    OCtober 99.67%
    December 97.77%
    if you really sent then i will open a ticket.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by shvinod View Post
    I understand Dan't point but As an end customer, I am not concerned if they get bad server or hardware from their vendors or datacenter. I am also not a big fan of of SLA where the credit is only for the time when the service was down..
    The SLA states if the service drops below 99.9% uptime you get a whole month free.

Quote Originally Posted by rain000 View Post
    If its problem about softlayer why you not transferred dc?At least You think about all customer of you and yours customers-customer you get bad reputation means we also get bad reputation from our client .what we say to our client?

June 99.67%
    Jully 99.72%
    OCtober 99.67%
    December 97.77%
    We're going to. We're already researching and talking to a few providers and clients will be notified once we've tested a few to make sure they're stable.
      0 Not allowed!

We're going to. We're already researching and talking to a few providers and clients will be notified once we've tested a few to make sure they're stable.
    Thank you.I am happy with 1 yr.But this december really suffering .
    Hope you will found good server within 1 to 2 days.
    BTW i open ticket?for 4 month return?
      0 Not allowed!

June 99.67%
    Jully 99.72%
    OCtober 99.67%
    December 97.77%
    sry to hear about the problem you had this month but wait it out ezpz +1 good provider and they take care of there clients.
    Isolated-Hosting - Excellent Hosting At Affordable Prices!
    Server Locations: Phoenix, AZ - Dallas, TX
    Shared | Reseller Hosting Solutions
    24/7 Support | 15 Day Money Back Guarantee | 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
      0 Not allowed!

This whole incident was an accident.It can happen to any host.
      0 Not allowed!

anyone please suggest other reputated master reseller?
    I think you are at a good place now.

The downtime can happen anywhere. It's looks like they know what the issue is and in the process of correcting it.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by madchas View Post
    I think you are at a good place now.

The downtime can happen anywhere. It's looks like they know what the issue is and in the process of correcting it.
    Occasional downtime can happen anywhere but when it is happening so frequently, anybody will be concerned and looking for a better option..
      0 Not allowed!

People are going to moan but it needs to be said...

EZPZ were great, I've been with them for nearly 3 years. This past year (from February 2011) they have started to drift with regular outages. I queried this with ezpz but they kind of dismissed it.
    They announced a server migration at the end July to a much higher spec box due to poor server performance that took over a week, with me having to shout for details, request new ssl, whmcs licence etc.
    Great performance but outages continued.

Then the great s**t storm of our time began - UK2 server dropped off the net for 42 hrs.
    They rebuilt it on an older server after restores from R1Soft failed.
    This was pointed out in their forum afterwards along with how their uptime stats claimed to be 100% but how could that be, even excluding anything else, with 42hrs sleepytime on one occasion?
    They then fessed up and said the pingdom monitors were pointing at an old server!!!

As compensation for those affected, I have taken up the offer of 6 months free hosting.

Like others here I'm now looking at other options - I'll be buying my own whmcs licence as that will allow a wider range of partners, do I go vps or stay on reseller (bear in mind that I really don't use 70% of my current package) but it's not an easy choice to make.

Where to go from here...?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by theboylard View Post
    Like others here I'm now looking at other options - I'll be buying my own whmcs licence as that will allow a wider range of partners, do I go vps or stay on reseller (bear in mind that I really don't use 70% of my current package) but it's not an easy choice to make.

Where to go from here...?
    I've signed with Hawk Host and change the accounts of users who asked me to switch servers.

I kept some accounts in ezpz to see if service improves.
    Last edited by Hexpress; 12-29-2011 at 06:20 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

yes, i feel the same way ,sometime i feel want to move but 'till now i have no idea where the best web hosting does offer same quality & feature as ezpz does, my attention right now on hawkhost but to bad they don't offer master reseller

but the master reseller was the second point for me, right now UPTIME is more important then everything,i also still monitoring the ezpz server,
    I Love Web Hosting Industry
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by pointsense View Post
    yes, i feel the same way ,sometime i feel want to move but 'till now i have no idea where the best web hosting does offer same quality & feature as ezpz does, my attention right now on hawkhost but to bad they don't offer master reseller

but the master reseller was the second point for me, right now UPTIME is more important then everything,i also still monitoring the ezpz server,
    As a suggestion you could see Turnkeyinternet.net if you need master resellers.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexpress View Post
    As a suggestion you could see Turnkeyinternet.net if you need master resellers.
    I use Turnkeyinternet and it's a very good service!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by XTremo View Post
    I use Turnkeyinternet and it's a very good service!
    I would be interested in Turnkey, but their VPS reseller program isn't very impressive.
    The world would be a better place if people drank better coffee.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by floor9 View Post
    I would be interested in Turnkey, but their VPS reseller program isn't very impressive.
    You can consider jaguarpc to resell VPS, I have several vps with them and the service is very good, plus they have good discounts.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by floor9 View Post
    you may see this chart.i figured all current (december 2011) vps offer from wht vps offer section in one chart.It will be helpful for you to choose vps plan by price and service.wiredtree,knownhost,servint,futurehosting,interserver,knownserv,primehost,tmzhosting,bigbrainhost.
    http://i.imgur.com/3QU9q.png
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-12-30_110305.png 
Views:	73 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	21058

In my another thread few people suggest tmzhosting.You see they are offer.
      0 Not allowed!

In december its down 4th time.
    1st downtime 3-4 hour
    2nd downtime 10-12 hour
    3rd downtime 5-6 hour=Litespeed failed to connect to their licensing servers
    4th downtime now=they reply in ticket
    I can understand your frustration, when server is down your reputation among your customers gets hit badly.

But it really seems there is no 99.9% uptime hoster or at least one that in event of major downtime does not ever go down for more than 2 hours.

I have being using QualityHostOnline.com, they have being doing quite great in both uptime and support for 3/4 year now, then last July the server went down for 2 days Sunday and Monday and half Tuesday. Our reputation got hit really badly among our customers, they all called in screaming their mails were not working.
    It seems it was a major server/hardware fault!

I don't know where to go look for uptime , even the Cloud Servers do not seem to be really 100% uptime at all, according to some threads here on WHT they do downtimes that are even worst than their counterparts simple VPS.

Maybe the only way is to duplicate everything on two VPS servers by yourself and swicth the domains DNS IP from one server to the other in case of long downtime. Maybe this could be acceptable, as long as the downtimes are not so frequent.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by WebMaister View Post
    But it really seems there is no 99.9% uptime hoster or at least one that in event of major downtime does not ever go down for more than 2 hours.
    Major catastrophes can happen with any host. What's important in most of these cases is the host's plan B: how they're going to restore service in these cases.

On a shared hosting platform, you may have to live with some major downtime every so often. A single day of downtime in 5 years of reliable service wouldn't deter me from a hosting company unless I felt service started degrading afterwards. If you need something more reliable, you're going to have to spend quite a bit more to get the mission-critical service level you're after.
    Othio Hosting - Private-Label cPanel Reseller Hosting
    True 24x7 Support | SSD Storage | cPanel+WHM | R1Soft Backups
      0 Not allowed!

In addition to the down applicants, the problem of the backup.

Do not have a backup and this is very serious.

I have already lost 4 of my clients sites, this is very serious.

Today there was a down, when the server is back online, 2 sites no longer worked, still do not work and they do not respond to the ticket.

I have many resellers of ezpz, I have 400 clients and I fear without backup.

This is the situation.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lanfr View Post
    I have many resellers of ezpz, I have 400 clients and I fear without backup.

This is the situation.
    They have announced on their website R1Soft backups on all accounts for resellers. I guess I should have them.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast